Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Final cuts have started

Quote:We're screwed if Bortles goes down regardless, the season would be over, the backup QB wouldn't even matter. Henne certainly isn't leading this team to victory.

Quote:Most teams are screwed when starter goes down.  Not a fan of henne. But Allen shows some promise.

If Henne is forced to play, our only hope would be that he stinks up the field quickly enough to get Allen in there.   ...that is if he's even active.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Letting Bowman go for Koyack was just plain stupid imho.

Entering college Koyack was a 5 star recruit and the top TE in his class. Garbage QB play limited his performance at ND. He is easily better than Bowman.

Quote:We're screwed if Bortles goes down regardless, the season would be over, the backup QB wouldn't even matter. Henne certainly isn't leading this team to victory.
This has nothing to do with Henne being there to play. This has to do with him being there to help Blake. They have a great working relationship and Blake talks about him all the time. 

You don't cut a veteran backup who can help a young QB who is still learning the NFL game. In a couple years sure, move on, but for now there's no reason not to keep a solid vet backup who Blake thinks makes a big difference for him.

Well ultimately if Bortles were to go down.  Big if.  God forbid.  Henne based on past all the way to Miami days has shown he wont win many games. So at some point ya have to activate Allen.  Unless never need too cause Bortles is in there.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Entering college Koyack was a 5 star recruit and the top TE in his class. Garbage QB play limited his performance at ND. He is easily better than Bowman.
Him being a 5 star recruit out of HS has zero to do with how they will play as NFL players...zero.

Quote:Him being a 5 star recruit out of HS has zero to do with how they will play as NFL players...zero.
Very true.

#Gojags

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye'>Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/772498785138245632' title="4:17 PM - 4 Sep 2016">26m26 minutes ago</a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A4ec01c9dbc693497'>Florida, USA</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Source says multiple teams put in waivers requests for Tyrone Holmes. He wasn't making it to practice squads. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>

I thought he was starting to get better and better even if against 2nd stringers. Best of luck to him.

Quote:Him being a 5 star recruit out of HS has zero to do with how they will play as NFL players...zero.

I never said it did. I'm saying he was a five star recruit for a reason. Better hands, blocker and route running. It's not like Koyack is some scrub who made it for no reason. Bowman didn't separate himself at all.

Yea we can't get everyone. 

#Gojags

Quote:Only thing that stinks for davis is on nfl network was excited and up to challenge. But thats the nfl. And if dont preform ya gone.

The NFL is indeed a performance based business,  with the salary cap a substantial factor.   The fact that Jerry Rice played for 3 teams instead of just the 49ers illustrates this as much as anything.  

Like I mentioned in at least one thread,  I think the Jaguars roster has improved substantially.   A performance level in recent seasons in some cases is no longer good enough.   I'm confident Ryan Davis will get another NFL opportunity.   He's a player I won't count out anytime soon.   I enjoy the way he plays the game. 

Same no way he is dont with the nfl.  Just needs to go to a team he can be an end at and not a lb.

#Gojags

Quote:Same no way he is dont with the nfl.  Just needs to go to a team he can be an end at and not a lb.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but a team like the Eagles that is using a wide 9 approach on Defense would seem like a good fit for Ryan Davis at the DE position.   The Cowboys as a team that often uses Tampa Two concepts comes to mind as well as a potential fit for Davis at DE. 

Quote:I never said it did. I'm saying he was a five star recruit for a reason. Better hands, blocker and route running. It's not like Koyack is some scrub who made it for no reason. Bowman didn't separate himself at all.

Bowman showed better hands than Koyack this offseason, IMO, but was very raw in every other aspect.  Watching Koyack's blocking in week 3 and 4 gave him the edge in that category a bit to my eye. 

With a few players already signed to the PS and several projected players signed by other teams, I need to re-do my PS prediction. Here you go...

• OT Rashod Hill

• WR Shane Wynn

• WR Shaq Evans

• DT Richard Ash

• RB Cameron Marshall

• LB Sean Porter

• G Jeremiah Poutasi*

• CB Nick Marshall*

• NT TJ Barnes*

• G Kadeem Edwards*

'02

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye  26m26 minutes agoFlorida, USA

<p style="font-size:26px;">Source says multiple teams put in waivers requests for Tyrone Holmes. He wasn't making it to practice squads. #Jaguars

I thought he was starting to get better and better even if against 2nd stringers. Best of luck to him.

</div>

This was mildly disappointing, but we have 5 running backs! 

I dont understand the whole 5 rbs or 8 receivers including 3 on ps.

#Gojags

Quote:This was mildly disappointing, but we have 5 running backs! 
Banyard was released. 

We have 4.

Has 24-of-38 been cut yet? I just met the local junior high school kicker and his dad. His dad had a video of the kid nailing a 33-yarder. Looks like a solid prospect to at least stash on the practice squad in case he's needed later.

Side note, the high school running back is FAST. He can't take a hit, can't dodge a stationary Volkswagen from five yards away and fumbles at the slightest jump scare, but he's got AWESOME, GAME-BREAKING SPEED. Definitely a Pride contender. Better sign him now.

Quote: 

With a few players already signed to the PS and several projected players signed by other teams, I need to re-do my PS prediction. Here you go...

• OT Rashod Hill

• WR Shane Wynn

• WR Shaq Evans

• DT Richard Ash

• RB Cameron Marshall

• LB Sean Porter

• G Jeremiah Poutasi*

• CB Nick Marshall*

• NT TJ Barnes*

• G Kadeem Edwards*

The PS is in. At least I hit on Hill, Wynn, Evans, Ash, Porter, Poutasi and Marshall. Two more are WR Rashad Lawrence and TE Alex Ellis leaving one more spot to fill. In other words, so far, officially, we've signed...

• OT Rashod Hill

• WR Shane Wynn

• WR Shaq Evans

• WR Rashad Lawrence

• DT Richard Ash

• LB Sean Porter

• TE Alex Ellis

• G Jeremiah Poutasi*

• CB Nick Marshall*

• ?

*So far only Poutasi and Marshall have to qualify under the new rules. The other seven would qualify under the old rules as well.

'02

@AdamSchefter Bears have informed Pro Bowl kicker Robbie Gould that he is being released, league source tells ESPN.