Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 12:53 PM by Mikey.)

(10-20-2019, 11:06 AM)jagman Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 10:59 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Julio's going to make him cry like the baby he is.

ESPN is reporting that Kahn was upset because Ramsey was cleared to play by three doctors and Ramsey indicated he would play.  He didn't play and Kahn called the FO and told them to trade him.

Shad, I already respect the heck out of you, but please do keep doing things to justify my position.

(10-20-2019, 11:36 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...85766?s=09

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...26112?s=09

...so everything we'd speculated (and ridiculed) over the past few weeks. Dear goodness the thin skin.

if he wanted Marrone in the room, why not ask? Or did they want his side of the story without fear of repercussions from a coach who may have felt disrespected? So glad a guy so sensitive as that is not being looked to as a leader of our franchise.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To hell with Ramsey. He better hope the rams want to pay him.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-21-2019, 01:01 PM)Ronster Wrote: To hell with Ramsey. He better hope the rams want to pay him.

It's funny the Rams FO is already massaging his ego by calling him the best to keep him happy for the 25 games they have with him.

(10-21-2019, 01:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 01:01 PM)Ronster Wrote: To hell with Ramsey. He better hope the rams want to pay him.

It's funny the Rams FO is already massaging his ego by calling him the best to keep him happy for the 25 games they have with him.

It’s funny. Marcus Peters has a better game than Ramsey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I would almost put money on it that Ramsey will be on another team sometime next season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 04:19 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-20-2019, 12:10 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: https://youtu.be/_TcecMJEqcc

It was definitely TC.....

After watching this interview, I feel like Tom needs to go. This could have been easily prevented. Even knowing the Jags side of the story first, Jalen actually comes across as the more mature party especially at the 18:25ish time.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-21-2019, 02:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I would almost put money on it that Ramsey will be on another team sometime next season.

Like...the titans?

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 06:52 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(10-21-2019, 04:18 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

After watching this interview, I feel like Tom needs to go. This could have been easily prevented. Even knowing the Jags side of the story first, Jalen actually comes across as the more mature party especially at the 18:25ish time.

And how on earth did you get to this conclusion? I swear people will believe whatever they want regardless of what they hear. Sheeeesh. 

1. Tom never said anything direct about Ramsey, or Telvin. No one called him a bum or insinuated he was a bum. This is 100% Jalen making things up in his head. 

2. The team reached out to Jalen with a bad number, in which it is 100% on Jalen to make sure the number is correct. 

3. Jalen got bent out of shape over a 3 yard completion. He was even staring down the coaching staff and talking trash to the sideline after the physical altercation. Why wasn't he mad over him dropping the game winning pick 6? Notice he mentions the 2 pt play in the interview as to "how we lost" - Not how he dropped a sure gimme pick 6. Interesting. 

4. Jalen was pulled into a small room, to discuss his childish behavior and lack of composure... Ok. So if he wants Marrone in there, ask. The dude is a head case, no one was out to get him. Notice how in 1 part of the interview, they weren't talking to him in the hallway and calling his agent... and a few minutes later - they are talking to him in the hall and acting like they are good??? But still call his agent.. OK. lol. He is a clear cut liar. "Not trusting me" The guy is completely nuts, and thank God that is now the Rams problem. "you ask me to do something very valuable(guard WR1) but don't really value me". This makes sense to you? You conclude that Ramsey makes sense in this scenario? What would have liked Tom and Dave do? Suck his dick whenever he was having a mood swing? 

5. The Jaguars have been more than accommodating to Jalen throughout his entire stay here. From leaving for his 1st, and 2 kid.. Allowing him and his colleagues freedom to do more in Wash's defense(they complained about this and was granted more freedom to freelance/play more how he wanted to play). 

6. Why is it Jalen get's a free pass here? How is it only Tom when Jalen clearly was not going to management to discuss his frustrations, ever. Where is the communication? If he got a call from his agent about an issue, why not just show up the next day and hash it out? Why lie to Shad, why be cleared by THREE doctors and still lie about an injury? You are till going to take his word? Amazing. 

7. Jalen is a bum, and this interview 100% confirms he faked an injury, lied and quit on his team and teammates. Dude will be on several teams and do the same thing at every stop, unless he is coddled and treated like a baby who needs attention. Good. Riddance.

You must have been watching a different interview than most ..... I actually know a few people that thought Ramsey was right UNTIL they watched the interview.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

(10-21-2019, 06:51 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 04:18 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: After watching this interview, I feel like Tom needs to go. This could have been easily prevented. Even knowing the Jags side of the story first, Jalen actually comes across as the more mature party especially at the 18:25ish time.

And how on earth did you get to this conclusion? I swear people will believe whatever they want regardless of what they hear. Sheeeesh. 

1. Tom never said anything direct about Ramsey, or Telvin. No one called him a bum or insinuated he was a bum. This is 100% Jalen making things up in his head. 

2. The team reached out to Jalen with a bad number, in which it is 100% on Jalen to make sure the number is correct. 

3. Jalen got bent out of shape over a 3 yard completion. He was even staring down the coaching staff and talking trash to the sideline after the physical altercation. Why wasn't he mad over him dropping the game winning pick 6? Notice he mentions the 2 pt play in the interview as to "how we lost" - Not how he dropped a sure gimme pick 6. Interesting. 

4. Jalen was pulled into a small room, to discuss his childish behavior and lack of composure... Ok. So if he wants Marrone in there, ask. The dude is a head case, no one was out to get him. Notice how in 1 part of the interview, they weren't talking to him in the hallway and calling his agent... and a few minutes later - they are talking to him in the hall and acting like they are good??? But still call his agent.. OK. lol. He is a clear cut liar. "Not trusting me" The guy is completely nuts, and thank God that is now the Rams problem. "you ask me to do something very valuable(guard WR1) but don't really value me". This makes sense to you? You conclude that Ramsey makes sense in this scenario? What would have liked Tom and Dave do? Suck his dick whenever he was having a mood swing? 

5. The Jaguars have been more than accommodating to Jalen throughout his entire stay here. From leaving for his 1st, and 2 kid.. Allowing him and his colleagues freedom to do more in Wash's defense(they complained about this and was granted more freedom to freelance/play more how he wanted to play). 

6. Why is it Jalen get's a free pass here? How is it only Tom when Jalen clearly was not going to management to discuss his frustrations, ever. Where is the communication? If he got a call from his agent about an issue, why not just show up the next day and hash it out? Why lie to Shad, why be cleared by THREE doctors and still lie about an injury? You are till going to take his word? Amazing. 

7. Jalen is a bum, and this interview 100% confirms he faked an injury, lied and quit on his team and teammates. Dude will be on several teams and do the same thing at every stop, unless he is coddled and treated like a baby who needs attention. Good. Riddance.

LOL the irony of the bolded is golden LOL

Not sure how you got that from that interview

Big Grin 

(10-21-2019, 01:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Funny would be the Rams not getting into the playoffs, either this year or next.  Two 1st and a 4th gone, traded for a 25 game rental diva, while the team as a whole regressed.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-21-2019, 09:34 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 01:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's funny the Rams FO is already massaging his ego by calling him the best to keep him happy for the 25 games they have with him.

Funny would be the Rams not getting into the playoffs, either this year or next.  Two 1st and a 4th gone, traded for a 25 game rental diva, while the team as a whole regressed.

And in salary cap purgatory for the foreseeable future.

(10-21-2019, 06:51 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 04:18 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: After watching this interview, I feel like Tom needs to go. This could have been easily prevented. Even knowing the Jags side of the story first, Jalen actually comes across as the more mature party especially at the 18:25ish time.

I don't disagree that he 'faked' or milked his injury. And I agree he lied through part of the interview. But I think some points were honest, like his sentiment that he just wanted to get himself out of what he felt was a bad situation. I also believe his statement that he never changed his position to the front office (I do think he lied/mislead Khan tho).

Also I think its clear the meeting was fairly demeaning. Call him thin skinned, but I believe the way he described it. I don't know if you have ever been in a meeting were multiple people are attacking you while you are by yourself with no support, but its highly unpleasant and I think its pretty easy to understand why that wouldn't be cool with him. Its one thing to get dressed down in front of others, or one on one, and both of those suck. But when you go into a meeting with a committee who is entirely against you and they just take turns crapping on you, that is on a whole new level. Especially when you feel trapped cause of a power differential or situation.

I don't give him a free pass, he was not good with communication either. But hes a young guy, so at least I am understanding of that. Coughlin on the other hand should have known better with his experience.

Do I think the team made the right decision to trade him? Yes. I do wish they had made a little more effort to communicate tho. Not having an upto date number for Jalen should have never happened, that could have easily prevented this whole thing. I see a lot of pride on both sides in this story, and not a lot of collaborating. Its just stupid that this went down this way.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-21-2019, 11:47 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I don't disagree that he 'faked' or milked his injury. And I agree he lied through part of the interview. But I think some points were honest, like his sentiment that he just wanted to get himself out of what he felt was a bad situation. I also believe his statement that he never changed his position to the front office (I do think he lied/mislead Khan tho).

Also I think its clear the meeting was fairly demeaning. Call him thin skinned, but I believe the way he described it. I don't know if you have ever been in a meeting were multiple people are attacking you while you are by yourself with no support, but its highly unpleasant and I think its pretty easy to understand why that wouldn't be cool with him. Its one thing to get dressed down in front of others, or one on one, and both of those suck. But when you go into a meeting with a committee who is entirely against you and they just take turns crapping on you, that is on a whole new level. Especially when you feel trapped cause of a power differential or situation.

I don't give him a free pass, he was not good with communication either. But hes a young guy, so at least I am understanding of that. Coughlin on the other hand should have known better with his experience.

Do I think the team made the right decision to trade him? Yes. I do wish they had made a little more effort to communicate tho. Not having an upto date number for Jalen should have never happened, that could have easily prevented this whole thing. I see a lot of pride on both sides in this story, and not a lot of collaborating. Its just stupid that this went down this way.

We don't know what was said in the meeting, notice Jalen didn't even mention what was said other than he was disrespected. Why is he not lying about the conversation?

Jalen wasn't trapped by anything, he could have gotten up and left any time he didn't feel like staying. He just got himself traded, he didn't respect TC and DC anyways, so why would they upset him? He views them as lesser humans, his ego should ignore them ... unless his subconscious knows they are right.

It's one thing if you don't deserve it, but in this case Ramsey needed to have the meeting and needed to get chewed out because he doesn't respond to talking. You also have multiple people in the meeting to have witnesses as you know who you are dealing with. He said he didn't talk at all, so it must not have bothered him at all since he likes to run his mouth all the time.

If a player changes their number, they need to update their employer, it isn't the other way around. Ramsey doesn't care though. He wants to win and be the best, but that's all he cares about. He doesn't care about the team, city, etc. He wants to fly in and play and go somewhere else. He truly wants to follow the NBA model and just go to whoever pays him the most and have no loyalties.

Then you can look at his personal life and it's a wonder he isn't having AB problems yet.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 10:45 AM by Jagwired.)

Lots of saying yes while shaking his head no. Even more lack of eye contact with the interviewer while answering questions. Two large indicators of a human that is lying out of his sweet [BLEEP].
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Yea, everything about his interview screams liar.

The kid may be a sociopath honestly.

(10-22-2019, 10:30 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yea, everything about his interview screams liar.

No it didn't.

Where'd you get your PhD?

(10-22-2019, 12:03 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 10:30 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yea, everything about his interview screams liar.

No it didn't.

Are you intentionally being dense or obtuse?

He's clearly lying.. all the tell tale signs are there.

The unconscious shaking of his head when saying yes - just like Jagwired said.

Just his general demeanor.

PhD, that's funny.. because a college education guarantees that someone actually knows anything.. it just guarantees they went to school for a specified amount of time, spent money and didn't screw up too much.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 12:29 PM by Kane.)

(10-22-2019, 12:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 12:03 PM)Kane Wrote: No it didn't.

Are you intentionally being dense or obtuse?

He's clearly lying.. all the tell tale signs are there.

The unconscious shaking of his head when saying yes - just like Jagwired said.

Just his general demeanor.

PhD, that's funny.. because a college education guarantees that someone actually knows anything.. it just guarantees they went to school for a specified amount of time, spent money and didn't screw up too much.

Laughing

Oh so anyone can be a psychologist or sociologist now.

Well then... I think you're all psychopaths.

I watched the full interview. Nothing he said even remotely sounded like a lie.
"Two people I respect were sitting two others were standing the whole time"
"I didn't say anything, I let them say what they needed to, felt it was disrespectful, left meeting called my agent"
Also mentioned the tweets from Coughlin from off season (facts)

Not sure where the obvious lies were?