Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First Booze Thread On New Board.

OK, saved from page 2

Got me 18 Rolling Rocks Iced down for tonight.

That stuff goes down smooth

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Been enjoying a nice Bailey's Hot Chocolate the last few nights, the chillier weather makes a warm drink rather appetizing.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I've been taking it easy lately.  About to work a caribbean cruise in a couple weeks, so I need to let my liver prepare for an influx of rum.  

Two ounces of Stoli with a lemon wedge and a Tecate have been my oddball nightcap lately.

I need to pick up some bourbon soon. 

Quote:I've been taking it easy lately.  About to work a caribbean cruise in a couple weeks, so I need to let my liver prepare for an influx of rum.  

Two ounces of Stoli with a lemon wedge and a Tecate have been my oddball nightcap lately.

I need to pick up some bourbon soon.

I thought for sure you'd have a healthy bourbon collection at all times.

Quote:I thought for sure you'd have a healthy bourbon collection at all times.
There's usually a couple of bottles going around here.  Just let it slide for a while.  Think I'll pick up some rye today and some fresh ginger to make a flavored simple syrup with. 

Really looking forward to sampling some new anejo rums at port in the British Virgin Islands and St. Maarten.  I'm a big fan of the Zacapa and Diplimatico rums, but they are "mainland" rums from Guatemala and Venezuela respectively.  (Flor de Cana also - from CR)

So - I'm hoping to discover some island products to bring home.  

Then it's four days in Mexico - so I'll try to find some Oro Azul to pack in my checked bag home. 

Quote:There's usually a couple of bottles going around here.  Just let it slide for a while.  Think I'll pick up some rye today and some fresh ginger to make a flavored simple syrup with. 

Really looking forward to sampling some new anejo rums at port in the British Virgin Islands and St. Maarten.  I'm a big fan of the Zacapa and Diplimatico rums, but they are "mainland" rums from Guatemala and Venezuela respectively.  (Flor de Cana also - from CR)

So - I'm hoping to discover some island products to bring home.  

Then it's four days in Mexico - so I'll try to find some Oro Azul to pack in my checked bag home.

You sound like you know your Caribbean islands. Any particular faves? Where in Mexico are you headed?

Also, have you ever had any High West bourbons?

I really don't know the Caribbean well at all. I've just done the minimum research on a few ports of call for this boat I'll be stuck on for a week. That's why I'm hopeful to discover something new to me. It's uncharted territory on my passport. 

Mexico is just the lame all-inclusive resort in Cancun type-of-deal, but I'll venture out to a few local spots and try some tequila and mezcal that aren't imported to the US. 

I've had two of the High West products and liked them both.  Campfire and Rendezvous rye.  The Campfire is a great one for Scotch lovers who dabble in bourbon. 

Quote:I really don't know the Caribbean well at all. I've just done the minimum research on a few ports of call for this boat I'll be stuck on for a week. That's why I'm hopeful to discover something new to me. It's uncharted territory on my passport. 

Mexico is just the lame all-inclusive resort in Cancun type-of-deal, but I'll venture out to a few local spots and try some tequila and mezcal that aren't imported to the US. 

I've had two of the High West products and liked them both.  Campfire and Rendezvous rye.  The Campfire is a great one for Scotch lovers who dabble in bourbon.

Ah I see. I was trying to plan a vacation down there but the Zika scared me off haha.

My bourbon loving buddy rates High West high. He likes that Bourye, but I don't have enough of a pallet for it to say one way or the other.

I drank a pint of Jameson at the Magic Kingdom last night then rode splash and space mountains 3 times. I, urp, had a great time!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I drank a pint of Jameson at the Magic Kingdom last night then rode splash and space mountains 3 times. I, urp, had a great time!

A pint?

Quote:A pint?

Si, I have a flask disguised as a sippy cup that I carry around with me.

Swilling copious amounts of Crown. I might be drunk?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

What the hell is "mountain whiskey"?  Are people really so easily convinced by such cheap imagery? Maybe TinCup is good, but I won't waste money on a bottle of it because the commercial is obviously aimed at young swillers. Same with Tullamore Dew.

I haven't even cracked a beer yet. what the hell is wrong with me. 

OK.... I'm going in. 

Quote:What the hell is "mountain whiskey"?  Are people really so easily convinced by such cheap imagery? Maybe TinCup is good, but I won't waste money on a bottle of it because the commercial is obviously aimed at young swillers. Same with Tullamore Dew.

Had the tin-cup. (gift)

You a'int missin' anything special. 

Quote:What the hell is "mountain whiskey"?  Are people really so easily convinced by such cheap imagery? Maybe TinCup is good, but I won't waste money on a bottle of it because the commercial is obviously aimed at young swillers. Same with Tullamore Dew.

The answer is yes.

drunk....very drunk

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:drunk....very drunk
Drink more.  I'm catching up. 

I've been down with a serious sinus infection so I've been consuming my fair share of hot toddys to help with sore throat, cough and general feeling like crap. I haven't had one today yet. I need to get on that. 37 minutes into the day......

Can you believe doctors will not prescribe cough syrup with codeine in it anymore? At least not in NC. I've had too many sinus infections since moving here almost 6 years ago and the first few years I was prescribed this awesome cough syrup that actually worked. It seems in the past couple of years the incidents of overdose and serious drug use and deaths in NC has skyrocketed to the point that unless you've been seen by your doctor for years and years and you have shown no signs or symptoms of trying to game the system you're most likely not going to get the meds you need, be it cough syrup or pain meds. Damn, now I really want that hot toddy.