Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 18 - clots @ Jags***

(01-09-2022, 05:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: When someone speaks out of both sides of their mouth to attempt mitigation of a previous unstable stance, you can't have a meaningful discourse. 

And it has nothing to do with taking anything personally. 

In addition, when a poster spams the board mercilessly for months on end with their dubious position, they will undoubtedly be hearing about it when that position begins to lose its foundation and collapse.

Again I keep hearing you say that but can never show evidence of that.  Your a toolbag and I think you have made the ignore list as well.  You rarely have anything worth reading to say anyway.
NYC4jags is one of the most intelligent posters on this forum. Why dont you challenge yourself to listen to opposing views. 

I know it’s harder to ask for constructive responses than it is to add someone to the ignore list, but I think you’re fully capable of it. 

Once you start adding large portions of posts to ignore- you really have to ask yourself if this is the right place for your discourse. Dont cut off your nose to spite your face.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2022, 05:26 PM)Firesky Wrote: Keeping Baalke would be like when the Colts kept Grigson after drafting Andrew Luck. Just get a fresh set of eyes at the top of the front office; and then get the Coach right. With the QB in place it should be easy after that, just draft BAP, use the resources (cap space & extra draft picks) to address the Oline and then just develop around Trevor.

They should get rid of him to get a fresh start. That said, if he's behind the last draft he's done a pretty good job.

(01-09-2022, 05:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:14 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Also, how may of today's rooks that played so well did Baalke have a hand in picking?

This has got to be the hottest topic right now. ESPECIALLY if he isn't fired. 

Also - which ones were straight up Meyer picks??

Oh for sure hot topic But Little and Cisco smack of Baalke all the way. Trev was no brainer and I am sure ETN was Meyer all the way. But in the end, Baalke needs to go.

(01-09-2022, 05:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:20 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Guys I’m sorry wife watched two games with me this year Miami in London and today, I told her she is now required to watch all of next season

We are all counting on her, Eric.
Rubber buns and liquor, Eric.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

BTW. Looks like Pitt gonna win in OT

(01-09-2022, 05:29 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: BTW. Looks like Pitt gonna win in OT
Yeah. Ben doing his thing on this drive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-09-2022, 05:26 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Again I keep hearing you say that but can never show evidence of that.  Your a toolbag and I think you have made the ignore list as well.  You rarely have anything worth reading to say anyway.
NYC4jags is one of the most intelligent posters on this forum. Why dont you challenge yourself to listen to opposing views. 

I know it’s harder to ask for constructive responses than it is to add someone to the ignore list, but I think you’re fully capable of it. 

Once you start adding large portions of posts to ignore- you really have to ask yourself if this is the right place for your discourse. Dont cut off your nose to spite your face.

Not fair using logic.

(01-09-2022, 05:28 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This has got to be the hottest topic right now. ESPECIALLY if he isn't fired. 

Also - which ones were straight up Meyer picks??

Oh for sure hot topic But Little and Cisco smack of Baalke all the way. Trev was no brainer and I am sure ETN was Meyer all the way. But in the end, Baalke needs to go.

Agreed.
Cisco, Campbell  and Little aside - Baalke's prior record and the reports of coaches expressing concern make it a relatively easy pass for me.

Steeler just drove another nail into the clots playoff coffin
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-09-2022, 05:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Again I keep hearing you say that but can never show evidence of that.  Your a toolbag and I think you have made the ignore list as well.  You rarely have anything worth reading to say anyway.

Feel free to ignore all you'd like.

It may be an odd experience for you here if you just keep ignoring everyone who punches holes in your unsound reasoning, but whatever. 

I can't believe you thought prematurely judging a rookie QB was going to be a walk in the park on a football message board, though. Surely you expected lots of disagreement, no?

That was a feature not a bug.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-09-2022, 05:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:28 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Oh for sure hot topic But Little and Cisco smack of Baalke all the way. Trev was no brainer and I am sure ETN was Meyer all the way. But in the end, Baalke needs to go.

Agreed.
Cisco, Campbell  and Little aside - Baalke's prior record and the reports of coaches expressing concern make it a relatively easy pass for me.

All those players mentions were higher rated prospects who fell due to injury, kinda makes sense that they'd pan out as all 3 were billed as first round grades at one point. How about the 4th round and on though? Jay Tufele & Jordan Smith have been invisible though, granted the players in front of them are some of the few spots on the roster we actually have talent so I understand it.

I still think we should go with a clean house while the timing makes sense right now.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Shaq on the radio post game and Freddy T tells him to take care of his nephew Tyson!... Wut? Campbell is Freddy T's Nephew? Is that true? How did I miss this if it is so.

(01-09-2022, 05:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:28 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Oh for sure hot topic But Little and Cisco smack of Baalke all the way. Trev was no brainer and I am sure ETN was Meyer all the way. But in the end, Baalke needs to go.

Agreed.

No doubt, I’m right there with you. I just think if we do somehow still keep him, I’ll feel a little less irate knowing that he drafted these players.

(01-09-2022, 05:39 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Agreed.

All those players mentions were higher rated prospects who fell due to injury, kinda makes sense that they'd pan out as all 3 were billed as first round grades at one point. How about the 4th round and on though? Jay Tufele & Jordan Smith have been invisible though, granted the players in front of them are some of the few spots on the roster we actually have talent so I understand it.

I still think we should go with a clean house while the timing makes sense right now.

I agree with clean the house, especially Baalke. Defense? not so sure. I like what Cullen has done. 

But if Khan Does fire Baalke, it will be proof to me that Baalke was the leak all along

(01-09-2022, 05:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Great Game from Lawrence and the Jags today.  Season high in points and point differential.  A good sign for a change in a season of Misery.  Unexpected!

When are we trading for Mac? After all you all said we should have drafted him

Meanwhile Mac just threw a terrible pass that was pick six'd lololol

(01-09-2022, 05:20 PM)captivating Wrote: Three more wins that last year
Knocked out the Colts
Won the last game of the season
Got the #1 pick

Life is better than what it was 3 hours ago.

I'm guessing you meant 3 times as many wins as last season.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-09-2022, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...49155?s=20

True. We are undefeated in week 18. Half the league cant say the same

That's a record! Will last at least 12 months LOL

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 06:28 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

That was a good game overall by the Jags, the best game they have played all year. Trevor and the offense had a nice game and the defense did a nice job as well.  This team probably isn't as bad as a lot of people have said they are. They are definitely a work in progress but maybe they can build off of this win next season.

Also, I think it's interesting that the Colts have been bounced from the playoffs (and by the Jags) I know the Eagles are happy. I thought this was amusing lol:

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status...0816077832