Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are there any surpise cuts this year?

Quote:I think Evans gets cut unless Sample has a setback. Loston seems to be doing well, might come down to special teams. Also don't count out Walters to make the roster, is like an Osgood player. AR15, LEE, HURNS, GREENE, ACE, WALTERS?
If Evans is cut, this team lacks a "proven" backup at free safety while Sample is out. Loston is a pure strong safety. I think he ends up back on the practice squad, partly because he could conceivably slip through waivers whereas Evans almost certainly would not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If twitter speculation is right, there may be a very unpopular one coming.

I hate twitter rumor. I hope this is a case where it's all bogus.

Alright, I'll bite. What's the rumor?

The Jaguars' longest-tenured team member may be on the way out.

I'm with pirkster. I really hope the Twitterverse is wrong about this one.

Quote:The Jaguars' longest-tenured team member may be on the way out.

Scobee? That would be asinine
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:The Jaguars' longest-tenured team member may be on the way out.

Why get rid of kickers when they aren't failing at their job. Even the most expensive kicker is cheap.

Ryan O's projected roster

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ots-places

Not much in the way of 'surprise' cuts

Storm Johnson

Ben Koyack

Chris Smith

Only ones who I would see arguably qualifying as surprises .

If the Twitterverse is right, about 11 AM Eastern tomorrow, you'll all be in for the biggest (and saddest) surprise cut imaginable.

Quote:If the Twitterverse is right, about 11 AM Eastern tomorrow, you'll all be in for the biggest (and saddest) surprise cut imaginable.
 where you seeing anything?

Quote:If twitter speculation is right, there may be a very unpopular one coming.

I hate twitter rumor. I hope this is a case where it's all bogus.

Jaxson DeVille?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2015, 09:26 AM by pcjagfan1146.)

I read Ryan O's article on Jacksonville.com.

Most of the choices were predictable.  He did predict 6 WR's.  I also projected 6 WR's so that wasn't a surprise.  He did have the speedy Auburn RB making the team over Storm Johnson.  That means speed beats out Robinson as the kickoff returner.  Not sure that will happen.  Dave Caldwell makes the player decisions and he really likes Robinson.

Of course, the additions of the FA's and the draft picks have put pressure on different position groups where surprise cuts may occur.

The most obvious group is the OL where Parnell, Wisniewski, and Cann were added.  Here the team will probably cut Shatley, who they kept last year as a developmental player.  Also the OT position is overcrowded and there will be several cuts there none of which will probably surprise us.  What may surprise us is the trading of Beadles or perhaps even Shatley.

Staying on offense the TE group became crowded with the additions of Thomas and Koyack.  I can't remember the last time a player drafted by the Jaguars did not make the team.  But there is definitely going to be 5 players intensely competing for 4 spots.

At WR there is intense completion to see who makes the roster.  Lee, Robinson, Hurns, Greene, and Sterling seem poised to make the roster.  Will there be a 6th WR and who will it be is the question.

At RB Yeldon, Gerhart, and Robinson seem to be locks with 4 RB's expected to be on the roster.  #4 is up for grabs and I'm not sure who will win out among Pierce, Johnson, or Grant.

Because of the pressure other positions are putting on the roster, it is likely the team keeps only 2 QB's - Bortles and Henne.

On to defense.

The DL gives the team the hardest choice to make.  Odrick will start at strong side DE with Alualu the backup.  At NT there is Miller with Jones the backup.  At penetrating DT there is Marks, with Hood, Davis, and Bennett backing him up.  While at Leo the team has Clemons, Branch, Davis, and Smith.  Davis is listed twice as a backup.  Eleven players are listed, but the team normally carries 10 DL.  Someone has to go.  O'Halloran cuts Smith, but he is such a young promising player that I do not want to lose him.  The team carries 11 DL or the team trades Branch for a draft pick or cuts Clemons.

LBer is a position group which has been well documented during the offseason.  The team has 3 good starters with ST players as the backups.  During the preseason games the team will confirm weather or not this is true.  The LBers may be better than we think.  But if the team only kept 5 LBers, then they could carry 11 DL.

At DB the team normally carries 5 CB and 5 S.  The team will cut a capable backup CB and at S the team will have to decide weather or not to retain Loston on the roster as the 5th S.  Loston is a good ST player.  He probably makes the roster.

On ST we'll see if the team blames Scobee for all the blocked field goals last year.

So I see minimal surprises with two potential trades - Beadles/Shatley and Branch/Smith.  Looks like a tough year for an undrafted FA to make the team except maybe at LB, 

Quote:Jaxson DeVille?

I was right.

Quote:I was right.
He wasn't cut.

Quote:He wasn't cut.

I didn't say he was. I was guessing at the surprise and I was indeed correct.

Rephrasing it as a "surprise departure" make anyone feel better?  Not me.

Joy in reflecting on what he created here.  Sadness in knowing he won't be suiting up any longer.

Supportive in whatever it is that he'll do whenever he grows up.

I wish I knew, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I didn't say he was. I was guessing at the surprise and I was indeed correct.
The thread is about surprise cuts not retirement.

Quote:The thread is about surprise cuts not retirement.

Yeah we are not the niners!

Quote:The thread is about surprise cuts not retirement.

Follow along. I was responding to another person's post. I never said anyone was being cut.

Quote:Follow along. I was responding to another person's post. I never said anyone was being cut.

Who's getting cut?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Who's getting cut?

Not this guy, I can tell you that much.
Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Who's getting cut?

Rocky?