Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Claim Jeff Tuel

Quote:omg you're right. that's definitely happening.

We should trade Henne and Bortles whIle they still have value. It's Tuel time!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Soup or Bowl

Did they finally release you from prison?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Why?????????

Haven't you seen enough of Henne to know what you are going to get from him?

Henne is what Henne is, and we have already seen what that is.

At least Jeff Tuel is unknown as far as what he can do in the Jags offense, Henne is far from an unknown to Jags fans.
He isn't an unknown. Tuel couldn't beat EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton for the Bills starting QB job. I'm not saying he's bad, because he has shown some good things and one could argue he never got a fair shake. Realistically though, the best one can hope for with him is being a backup. 

At least it didn't say "Jags awarded Jeff Tuel".

Quote:It is funny to see people who have probably never even seen Jeff Tuel play pretend like he has any business even being a backup. He will be the preseason fourth quarter QB and likely won't make the final 53 man roster. You guys are hilarious.

Actually I saw him play. And I still believe he is better than Henne. Thats my opinion. Whether you asked for it or not.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Actually I saw him play. And I still believe he is better than Henne. Thats my opinion. Whether you asked for it or not.

Cool

;

;

Quote:Actually I saw him play. And I still believe he is better than Henne. Thats my opinion. Whether you asked for it or not.

Ok, so he doesn't sack himself? Good. What else does he do well?

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015, 12:11 PM by Bullseye.)

I don't think there is any way you could have seen him against KC a couple of years ago and legitimately endorse him as a QB, other than for his knowledge of a system you are trying to implement.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Never seen this guy..  seen enough of Henne though..

if for some reason Bortles isn't playing, does it really matter who we put in there?

Quote:I don't think there is any way you could have seen him against KC a couple of years ago and legitimately endorse him as a QB, other than for his knowledge of a system you are trying to implement.

I honestly saw him in backup time. He looked "ok" during that time.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Eh, I think people are a bit too hard on Henne.  If he were the starter, I could understand it.  But as a backup, he's got the experience to step in if necessary.  There's been games he's been god awful in, but that's bound to happen.  The only time we should worry about our backup is when we're up by 28 late in the fourth or if god forbid Bortles gets hurt.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Tuel was terrible when he played, but nice to have a guy come in that knows the system.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Tuel was terrible when he played, but nice to have a guy come in that knows the system.
But he doesn't know the system. This is Greg Olson's offense, not Doug Marrone's or Nathaniel Hackett's.

Quote:I honestly saw him in backup time. He looked "ok" during that time.

What game was that exactly?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:But he doesn't know the system. This is Greg Olson's offense, not Doug Marrone's or Nathaniel Hackett's.
Correct.  So much for knowing the system. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Did they finally release you from prison?

No, but we have computers in here now.
Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015, 07:19 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:So, being unknown is now an asset?  Good football take right there.

As I said before, fan opinion is really irrelevant when it comes to Henne.  He's not nearly as bad as fans want to portray.  That's not a defense of Henne.  Just a recognition that Henne landed in one of the worst possible situations for any QB last year when he started the season behind a line that was in a state of flux, with a team that had no running game.  He's not a QB that is going to lift the team up and carry them when things aren't going well.  But, if we had a running game teams had to defend, and a line that could protect the QB, we wouldn't have witnessed the dumpster fire we saw at times last year.  Football is still a team sport last I checked.

I'm sure he's losing sleep knowing he's lost your endorsement. 

When compared to Henne, a lot of people would choose the unknown. We already know what Henne is, and while his numbers might not be particularly awful, his play on the field, far too many times is.

Other then the first half of the Eagles game, have you just forgotten how awful Henne was in the few games he played last year?

Does the Jags being down 0-30 AT THE HALF vs the 0-2 colts ring any bells????????????

Just in case you did forget, here you go:  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/bo...210jax.htm

Henne was 4 of 7 for 33 yds AT THE HALF. Dear GOD he was on pace for 66 yds for the entire game. That's Gabbert territory right there, even worse.

Now that was a 6 yr NFL veteran, who started a lot of games for the Dolphins, putting up those paltry, measly and pathetic numbers against the 0-2 colts in a divisional game AT HOME.

YIKES, double YIKES and triple YIKES.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:He isn't an unknown. Tuel couldn't beat EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton for the Bills starting QB job. I'm not saying he's bad, because he has shown some good things and one could argue he never got a fair shake. Realistically though, the best one can hope for with him is being a backup. 

And Henne couldn't beat out some guy named Gabbert.

As far as Kyle Orton is concerned, he just might be a professional backup QB. That's something we could use around here.

Anyone in here want to call Chad Henne "a professional back up QB"?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:YIKES, double YIKES and triple YIKES.
It's not like Bortles came in and set the world on fire with the same supporting cast. Aaron Rodgers would have struggled behind the line we rolled out there last year. Jeff Tuel would have been a greasy stain on the field by the end of his fourth drive. The guy couldn't stick behind the all-world quarterback room of E.J. Manuel, Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor. Consider that when anointing him the obvious replacement for Henne.