Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clemons is a no show at OTAs

Quote:Gus was disappointed by it. Just as he was last year.

Not a crime for anyone else to be disappointed, either. Especially when it's a pattern.

I probably wouldn't have noticed myself had he not been the only one.

Whether he cares or not, he's "that guy."

If it's just no big deal, the team wouldn't be bothering to try to get him in. They have tried.

It's not about Clemons. It's about team. 100% participation. That doesn't mean 100% effort. Doesn't take a lot of effort just to show.

I think you are reading too much into it. He's always skipped voluntary workouts. Its not a big deal, and its not a big deal that he's the only one that did.

The board and some media are making it a big deal. Bradley said he wished he was here but understands. And I doubt he's even concerned about it. Clemons did the same thing to Bradley in Seattle. If the guy had some character flaws, then yeah be concerned. But right now its pretty much guaranteed he'll be here and in shape when he needs to.

I understand its the dead zone and we need stories, but this isn't one of them.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Clemons doesn't have to be there. He knows his role and understands how to play the position. It's a non-story.

The NFL is so over-covered that even the smallest story gets local or national headlines. Clemons is still a band-aid LEO. Hopefully by this time next year we have Fowler and maybe another player that developed this year (smith? Davis?) as our go-to LEO end.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Haven't seen Gus that frustrated in an interview before. Seemed really bothered by him missing. Love the passion Gus has, hope Clemons comes back ready. Because there are two or three guys ready to step up and challenge him.
Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Did anyone hear uncle Dave's rant this morning on 1010?

I slept pretty good last night... and ya' know what? I can report that I didn't miss miss a 'wink' worrying about Clemons. I know it would probably help with the notion of 'team solidarity' if all the players showed up, but you know, Fred Taylor missed OTA's too, and he seemed to work out 'okay'. Relax... Clemons knows the defense and at this point in his career he isn't going to get better by being here the first day; besides, he is likely to get replaced next season anyway by Fowler.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Did anyone hear uncle Dave's rant this morning on 1010?

Does anyone still listen to that?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Clemmons is essentially a independant contractor. He is not paid to be at OTA's. Therefore he isnt there. Makes sense. I am sure he would rather be hanging out with family and relaxing before the REAL work starts, than running around in the Florida sun for media and fans. And, when you see players like Fowler go down for a year during such non events, I have to be suprised more players dont showup.

Quote:It's not irrelevant when you're making yourself stand out by being the only guy who can't seem to make it.

It's not like he has to work hard when he gets here.  He can always pull a John Henderson.

Speaking of Big John, he was once quoted saying how he never went to a voluntary OTA in his life. He'd even lose $50,000 workout bonuses for not attending. And yet Big John is still among my favorite Jaguars players ever.

Of note, I'm sort of guessing on the $50,000 figure, but he'd at least forfeit $10,000 for a player of his stature, and I do recall Stroud at one point getting $50,000 a year.

'02

OTA's. It's not about him, it is about the team. Being 1 and making sure everybody gets it. Players should be there to help one another and to show leadership. The owner once said that there are no stars on the team. If you don't show you almost show selfishness. Help make your team better and make sure that if you go down someone will know the position and not be the weakest link and possibliy mess up and cost us or your team the game. Get with the program. But hey if you're happy being average then sit home and hope they get it.    

Quote:OTA's. It's not about him, it is about the team. Being 1 and making sure everybody gets it. Players should be there to help one another and to show leadership. The owner once said that there are no stars on the team. If you don't show you almost show selfishness. Help make your team better and make sure that if you go down someone will know the position and not be the weakest link and possibliy mess up and cost us or your team the game. Get with the program. But hey if you're happy being average then sit home and hope they get it.

So he's apparently been selfish his entire career, yet he's still playing. This is a ridiculous assertion.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Yeah as when he missed those OTA's he feels like he is not competing against anybody. When there are ninety other players.