Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Legion

Quote:Holy crap! Lenny is [spoiler]the devil with the yellow eyes[/spoiler]! I think. At least that's what I think I understand. And what's with [spoiler]Oliver and Cary? Is Oliver helping Cary show Syd what's going on since she already suspects something is off? [/spoiler] This episode seemed kind of slow but I figured it was all to build up to a reveal at or near the end of the episode, which I believe is what happened. If I'm understanding it all correctly. Lol. This is definitely a mind bender.

I probably should have watched it later today but I have a lot to do and wanted to go ahead and see it. I should have had more coffee. I totally need to watch last week's episode and last night's episode again together. 

Actually I should have just waited until the end of the season and binge watched the whole thing. Amazon let's you buy by-the-episode or a season pass for the series. I should just buy the season pass next time and binge all at once. I didn't know I would like it this much so I've just been going episode to episode. Two more episodes! I wish they would do a 2 hour season finale but I don't think my brain could handle that much weirdness all at once. 

I think [spoiler]all the people who show up in his dreams are different personalities inside David and that it's not really a "virus" etc. per se.  I also think that last episode is David's alternate reality frozen in the last moment from the previous episode.[/spoiler]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Assuming they defeat the parasite this season, I wonder if the show will be more straightforward in Season 2.

Seems that it would be hard to keep up the current style without the demon. Maybe David will suffer some psychic after effects?

Quote:I think [spoiler]all the people who show up in his dreams are different personalities inside David and that it's not really a "virus" etc. per se.  I also think that last episode is David's alternate reality frozen in the last moment from the previous episode.[/spoiler]
I was thinking that myself as I was watching it and why I figured I will watch it again. 

Starting to think this is the best show on tv

I believe the parasite is only the chosen/accepted explanation for David's personalities.

How do they really know?

It could just be another side of him.  And wouldn't that be one heck of a revelation...

There's also a lot left to explore with his origin, where more of that may get sorted out (or complicated even further.)

Quote:I believe the parasite is only the chosen/accepted explanation for David's personalities.

How do they really know?

It could just be another side of him.  And wouldn't that be one heck of a revelation...

There's also a lot left to explore with his origin, where more of that may get sorted out (or complicated even further.)
If I'm to understand from what very little I have read (so I could be way off base) and seen on the show his powers come from the legion of personalities he has. Each of them has a different power so David's power would only be limited by the number of personalities he has. Man, that makes my head hurt to think about. 

I believe that's why the parasite grew to be powerful (again?).

He fought Prof X, who was very young with his own powers (but still powerful in his own way), and lost which made him weak. He found David and either A- wanted to.... infect him for revenge on Prof X, or B- wanted to infect him because he knew how powerful David could be which would in turn make the parasite very powerful and, C- he could go after Prof X, who I'm sure he wants a piece of and what better way than to do it in Prof X's own son's body. 

But who the hell knows. It was an awesome episode. This episode type is the kind of payoff missing from TWD. This show makes your brain hurt (hello episode five!) with all the information but they throw you a bone every week and then they give you a side of beef, like with this episode. TWD clods along like a dinosaur in the age of tasmanian devils. Of course, in it's first couple of seasons TWD was pretty awesome. I sometimes think they should have just left that alone at season one, but that's a whole other subject entirely.

I just got around to watching this week's episode and I am beyond ecstatic.

Not only did they connect David to his real father, they confirmed my suspicions as to who the antagonist is and it is absolutely perfect. I always thought this villain would be difficult to convey in a movie without set up but within the context of this show, I couldn't have asked for anything better (with the possible exception of how Farooq looks...a minor qubible about the appearance of a psionic entity that even I can overlook).

I haven't been this engrossed in a show since the first season of Lost. I pray this doesn't go off the rails like Lost did...
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Anybody else becoming an Aubrey Plaza fan?

Quote:Anybody else becoming an Aubrey Plaza fan?

Opposite for me.  The more I see the more I dislike.  To me she's the female Seth Rogen.  The shock value potty mouth with a straight face wears off and it becomes like having the entire cake in one sitting instead of just a slice.  I do think she's very good in the role, though.  Just a bit rich for my taste.

I'm saving every episode (I usually purge everything I watch) just to marathon them when the season is up.

Rogen and his group of misfits I cant stand either but Plaza is perfect in this TV show. Basically I'm a fan of her work for this series only is what I meant.

I think she's doing an excellent job.

Quote:I just got around to watching this week's episode and I am beyond ecstatic.

Not only did they connect David to his real father, they confirmed my suspicions as to who the antagonist is and it is absolutely perfect. I always thought this villain would be difficult to convey in a movie without set up but within the context of this show, I couldn't have asked for anything better (with the possible exception of how Farooq looks...a minor qubible about the appearance of a psionic entity that even I can overlook).

I haven't been this engrossed in a show since the first season of Lost. I pray this doesn't go off the rails like Lost did...

Yes, a lot was confirmed this episode. Did David break the coffin open at the end or did Farooq?

Quote:Yes, a lot was confirmed this episode. Did David break the coffin open at the end or did Farooq?

My take was that it was David with the assist (to use a sports analogy.)

I didn't even know who she was until I saw here in this. I had to look her up. I think she's awesome for the part she's playing.

Season finale was amazing. Curious to see where season 2 goes now that someone is kind of out of the picture.

Quote:Season finale was amazing. Curious to see where season 2 goes now that someone is kind of out of the picture.

I thought the finale was just ok. I guess I was expecting a little more.

It kinda bothers me that they're leaving so many of the characters undefined.

Quote:I thought the finale was just ok. I guess I was expecting a little more.

It kinda bothers me that they're leaving so many of the characters undefined.
8 episodes hinders the character development alittle but the good thing is we got a second season.

Quote:8 episodes hinders the character development alittle but the good thing is we got a second season.

Yeah I figure all in good time but I'm fascinated by the bolero scene. I need to know more!

It's basically just SK and Oliver that I'm unclear on.

Quote:Yeah I figure all in good time but I'm fascinated by the bolero scene. I need to know more!

It's basically just SK and Oliver that I'm unclear on.
Hopefully they find another villain while trying to find Oliver. They'll need someone pretty powerful tho seeing that David is basically a God in training.

There's certainly a lot left to be sorted out between the government and the mutants (to state the obvious.)

Maybe they choose to go hunting Farooq?  If they do, one first step may be to find David's dad to find the history between the two.  (I know who his dad is, just being vague rather than spoil even though it's already been said here.)