Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
War on Drugs/Legalization

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017, 06:57 PM by JackCity.)

All drugs should be legal. The government has no right to tell me what I can or can't ingest.

Especially when the drugs they deem legal are more harmful and kill far more people than any illegal drugs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Again let me bring crack into your neighborhood and let's see how that works out. I wouldnt even sell it, Id purposely hand it out for free and watch your community burn.

Quote:Though shouldn't it be each person's decision on what to do with their own body?

hmmmm...... I'm really thinking about your question. I guess that's true in reality, but it's hard to get past how deadly these drugs are. you have to at least try to help people to not be stupid so it needs to be made as difficult as possible to get or else drugs may get out of hand. But I can't totally refute your basic question.

You guys sound like a bunch of druggies
Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Again let me bring crack into your neighborhood and let's see how that works out. I wouldnt even sell it, Id purposely hand it out for free and watch your community burn.
Need anger counseling much?

:blink: :blink: :blink:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Need anger counseling much?

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Anger I love the idea of destroying communities!

Quote:Again let me bring crack into your neighborhood and let's see how that works out. I wouldnt even sell it, Id purposely hand it out for free and watch your community burn.

If you don't already smoke crack, I doubt getting it for free will suddenly compel you to start. Thus, only degenerates who already smoke it will bother.

Druggies
Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Druggies

Never touched it in my life. Not even pot. Just think grown ups should be free to do as they wish so long as they don't harm anyone else.

Quote:If you don't already smoke crack, I doubt getting it for free will suddenly compel you to start. Thus, only degenerates who already smoke it will bother.

Just put it in the lemonade.

Too many people victimize others at the risk of funding their own habits. I'm OK with legalizing weed, but you're not the same person when you use meth, crack, heroin, and some of the other harder drugs.

Quote:Too many people victimize others at the risk of funding their own habits. I'm OK with legalizing weed, but you're not the same person when you use meth, crack, heroin, and some of the other harder drugs.
To be honest as a daily smoker of the weeds...

I'm not the same person when I smoke herb either.

Honestly, I'm not advocating the use of hardcore drugs. I'm just saying it (addiction) should be treated as an illness instead of a crime. And occasional rec use should be allowed.

Adults who are responsible should be allowed to partake in whatever they want.

And ANYONE who is irresponsible should be held accountable.

The idea that crack becomes easier to get ahold of and thus everyone starts smoking it is sillyness.

I've tried quite a bit of stuff in my days, some stuff I liked, some I didn't, some I didn't and wouldn't ever try (can't do needles)..... Some things I used to do, I kind of grew out of. 

In no case whatsoever would my intake start or increase if any of that stuff was sold in stores.

Walmart is selling cocaine? I'm not going to go buy it. And I don't know too many people who don't do coke now, that would start just because Walmart started carrying it.

And I'm more interested in the decriminalization of drugs rather than the legalization and sale of.

Quote:Just put it in the lemonade.
Why would you go and dissolve perfectly good crack?

Quote:To be honest as a daily smoker of the weeds...

I'm not the same person when I smoke herb either.

Honestly, I'm not advocating the use of hardcore drugs. I'm just saying it (addiction) should be treated as an illness instead of a crime. And occasional rec use should be allowed.

Adults who are responsible should be allowed to partake in whatever they want.

And ANYONE who is irresponsible should be held accountable.

The idea that crack becomes easier to get ahold of and thus everyone starts smoking it is sillyness.

I've tried quite a bit of stuff in my days, some stuff I liked, some I didn't, some I didn't and wouldn't ever try (can't do needles)..... Some things I used to do, I kind of grew out of. 

In no case whatsoever would my intake start or increase if any of that stuff was sold in stores.

Walmart is selling cocaine? I'm not going to go buy it. And I don't know too many people who don't do coke now, that would start just because Walmart started carrying it.

And I'm more interested in the decriminalization of drugs rather than the legalization and sale of.

I'm referencing a more drastic change in behavior. It isn't often that weed, synthetic marijuana not included, that you become violent or uncontrollable when you smoke it.

That isn't true for meth, cocaine, heroin, and some others. 

If we legalize all drugs, then there needs to be a zero tolerance for all other crimes. Break into someone's home? 5 years, fully served. Shoplift? 6 months. So on and so on. 

Quote:hmmmm...... I'm really thinking about your question. I guess that's true in reality, but it's hard to get past how deadly these drugs are. you have to at least try to help people to not be stupid so it needs to be made as difficult as possible to get or else drugs may get out of hand. But I can't totally refute your basic question.

I get that, I really do. But the process of making them as difficult as possible to get also puts an incredible amount of money circulating through criminal elements and costs tens of billions of dollars every year to try (and fail) to keep the drugs out of those people's hands.

Quote:Too many people victimize others at the risk of funding their own habits. I'm OK with legalizing weed, but you're not the same person when you use meth, crack, heroin, and some of the other harder drugs.

Well, those things will still put a person in prison. By criminalizing these things, you're essentially handing down a sentence under the assumption that the person will commit a crime.

Quote:I'm referencing a more drastic change in behavior. It isn't often that weed, synthetic marijuana not included, that you become violent or uncontrollable when you smoke it.

If we legalize all drugs, then there needs to be a zero tolerance for all other crimes. Break into someone's home? 5 years, fully served. Shoplift? 6 months. So on and so on.

I agree completely with your last paragraph. 100%

Quote:I'm referencing a more drastic change in behavior. It isn't often that weed, synthetic marijuana not included, that you become violent or uncontrollable when you smoke it.

We'd have to change the country's name to The United Prisons of America
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Sure, bring all you want, as long as it's legal in the surrounding areas as well.

For people that agree with legalizing drugs, answer this.

What useful purpose does crack serve?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.