Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Police in UK have killed 52 people in the last 115 years. Police in US have killed 369 people in the last 115 days.

Quote: Laughing Yes the 2nd Amendment is the cause of all the death in America.

If you want to ignore that just about all of those "civilized cultures" have been subject to tyrannical rule at some point and we haven't. But you know, those crazy right wingers and there guns I tell you!

More like Crazy NRA and their creating fear of all and any gun control.  First thing the NRA does after a school shooting is blame video games.  (apparently the 2nd amendment doesn't always protect the first)  

I was a big supporter of the NRA and pretty anti-gun control up until the Beltway Sniper attacks.  I remember driving past the gas station where one of the victims was killed, probably only 15 or so minutes before the sniper struck.  I almost got gas at that gas station that morning. 

I don't want to outright ban guns, but I'd love to see discussion on gun control that doesn't end with guns being touted as the greatest thing since sliced bread, and the idea of gun control is equal to Naziism.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:More like Crazy NRA and their creating fear of all and any gun control.  First thing the NRA does after a school shooting is blame video games.  (apparently the 2nd amendment doesn't always protect the first)  

I was a big supporter of the NRA and pretty anti-gun control up until the Beltway Sniper attacks.  I remember driving past the gas station where one of the victims was killed, probably only 15 or so minutes before the sniper struck.  I almost got gas at that gas station that morning. 

I don't want to outright ban guns, but I'd love to see discussion on gun control that doesn't end with guns being touted as the greatest thing since sliced bread, and the idea of gun control is equal to Naziism.

No sir not me, gun control is code talk for the state dictating what you as a civilian are allowed to defend yourself with and to what extent, which nullifies the purpose of the 2nd Amendment in the first place. People are quick to claim the NRA and others that oppose gun control legislation are all nuts but the reality is while the NRA isn't perfect they are the biggest voice against a tide of opposition. I support them and donate to them because they stand against most legislation looking to restrict my ability to bear arms.

I could give you all the talking points but we've all heard them. To me the best argument demonstrating the need for an armed populace is history, historically legislation preludes registration which leads to confiscation. I'd rather oppose the legislation then ignore the registration and ultimately have to fight the confiscation.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I disagree it's not the lack of individualism that has lead to our crisis of culture if anything it is the focus on the collective.

Focusing on the collective has let generations of families ignore the reality they are ultimately responsible for their well being and that of the generations to follow. focusing on the collective good of society has lead to the erosion of individual responsibility, accountability and ultimatum initiative to better ourselves. I love how everyone (not focusing this at you just ranting here) wants to point at how well things are done somewhere else, and yet this is the only place in the WORLD that has been free of tyrannical rule since it's founding.

We need a revival of radical individualism we don't have an excess of it, individualism requires ownership of ones decisions. There is no ownership in our society today, it's someone else fault, someone else built it, and someone else owns it. Give me individualism over collectivism all day every day. To hell with the collective.
Resistance is futile.

Quote:No sir not me, gun control is code talk for the state dictating what you as a civilian are allowed to defend yourself with and to what extent, which nullifies the purpose of the 2nd Amendment in the first place. People are quick to claim the NRA and others that oppose gun control legislation are all nuts but the reality is while the NRA isn't perfect they are the biggest voice against a tide of opposition. I support them and donate to them because they stand against most legislation looking to restrict my ability to bear arms.

I could give you all the talking points but we've all heard them. To me the best argument demonstrating the need for an armed populace is history, historically legislation preludes registration which leads to confiscation. I'd rather oppose the legislation then ignore the registration and ultimately have to fight the confiscation.

The very best thing for all of us is an amicable divorce. I didn't used to think that way but I'm more and more convinced that I don't have enough in common with half this country for us to remain peacefully United.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:No sir not me, gun control is code talk for the state dictating what you as a civilian are allowed to defend yourself with and to what extent, which nullifies the purpose of the 2nd Amendment in the first place. People are quick to claim the NRA and others that oppose gun control legislation are all nuts but the reality is while the NRA isn't perfect they are the biggest voice against a tide of opposition. I support them and donate to them because they stand against most legislation looking to restrict my ability to bear arms.

That's the problem with gun culture in this country. An attempt to have a reasonable to discussion about potential gun control laws is met with screams of oppression and tyranny. Why because maybe someone wants to limit fully auto guns or the ability to buy a friggin tank? Other's see it as safety for our society. I don't believe for a second the ability to buy military grade weapons of our level of technological advancement is exactly what the founders had in mind with the 2nd amendment. 

Quote:That's the problem with gun culture in this country. An attempt to have a reasonable to discussion about potential gun control laws is met with screams of oppression and tyranny. Why because maybe someone wants to limit fully auto guns or the ability to buy a friggin tank? Other's see it as safety for our society. I don't believe for a second the ability to buy military grade weapons of our level of technological advancement is exactly what the founders had in mind with the 2nd amendment.

Well. You have the right to be wrong. The Framers were explicit that the citizenry should have arms to best the government should the need arise.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The very best thing for all of us is an amicable divorce. I didn't used to think that way but I'm more and more convinced that I don't have enough in common with half this country for us to remain peacefully United.
One of the most Un-American things you have ever said on here.

Quote:One of the most Un-American things you have ever said on here.

Perhaps you should reread the Declaration.

Quote:Well. You have the right to be wrong. The Framers were explicit that the citizenry should have arms to best the government should the need arise.
As do you, hence why there are already plenty of weapons bans. 

Quote:As do you, hence why there are already plenty of weapons bans.

Just because the government did it doesn't make it right.

Quote:Perhaps you should reread the Declaration.
 WAAHHHH you don't think like me I'm going to take my ball and go home. Yup that's exactly what happened.  What's it like being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world?

Quote:Just because the government did it doesn't make it right.
Just because the founders wrote it doesn't make it right. 

Quote:Just because the founders wrote it doesn't make it right.

I guess we'll disagree, which brings me back to amicable divorce.

Quote: WAAHHHH you don't think like me I'm going to take my ball and go home. Yup that's exactly what happened. What's it like being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world?

Lol. I gotta admit you do have your entertainment value.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 04:41 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:Well the right wing crazy's sure like to pop off about the supposed tyrannical rule we are apparently living under at the moment.....

That's just political talk, it's an exaggeration, while Obama is certainly more left leaning then most like he isn't tyrannical like the rest of the world has seen. America has never suffered under a ruler that can not be removed, the likes of a Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Kim Jong, Lenin, Hussein, the elected dictator if you will.

You could argue the last few presidents have each progressively acted more and more in dictatorial manors, but the reason we've never had a dictator is those pesky 2nd Amendment radicals people love to demonize.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015, 04:55 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:That's the problem with gun culture in this country. An attempt to have a reasonable to discussion about potential gun control laws is met with screams of oppression and tyranny. Why because maybe someone wants to limit fully auto guns or the ability to buy a friggin tank? Other's see it as safety for our society. I don't believe for a second the ability to buy military grade weapons of our level of technological advancement is exactly what the founders had in mind with the 2nd amendment. 

There are always aspects of society that are uncompromising. For me that boils down to two things, the protection of innocence and the ability to defend my homestead against any and all threats.

Quote:There are always aspects of society that are uncompromising. For me that boils down to things, the protection of innocence and what the ability to defend my homestead against any and all threats.

We both want to protect our families.  We just want to go about it very different ways.  You want to do it by having a gun (though that doesn't help much when your children aren't on your homestead).  

I want to do it by limiting the ability for bad guys to get guns.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:We both want to protect our families.  We just want to go about it very different ways.  You want to do it by having a gun (though that doesn't help much when your children aren't on your homestead).  

I want to do it by limiting the ability for bad guys to get guns.  

If you could prove to me that laws would change bad guys getting guns I'd change my stance. 

The government will always have the highest potential for being the bad guys and they will always have guns.

Double.