Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minnesota man who shot 5 Black Lives Matter protesters found guilty

Quote:Would you randomly shoot Black lives matter protestors who were doing nothing to you?
That's what this guy did. There is no way to justify it.

Now that being said, BLM is doing the black community a huge disservice through their goals and actions. Rioting solves nothing. Assassinating law enforcement officers solves nothing. 

The blatant disregard of Black on black crimes should be first and foremost on their agenda. Followed by turning the tide on 16% of the population being locked up for over 70% of violent crimes. Finally, they need to envelop a sense of community pride and become part of the answer, not the problem. Clean up the dilapidated neighborhoods and make them respectable again. Re-instill the nuclear family unit: IE:  a traditional one mother, one father family. And a lot of people may take issue with my final remark calling it racist and bigoted, but the black communities need to seriously work on their communication skills. When a successful black person who is well spoken comes across many other blacks, they are chastised for "talking too white" and other silly things.

I do genuinely feel sorry for blacks. Many of them lead good, decent, hard working lives. They pinned their hoped to obummer, and were let down sorely. Last, but not least is the fallacy that the black community believes in liberals because they think liberals are on their side. NOTHING could be further than the truth. Slavery, Jim Crow laws, and even women's suffrage were results of conservatives. 

I truly believe that great things are in store for ALL of America, including minorities over the next 8 years. All they have to do is  be objective about what's going on in this country, and climb on board. We have plenty of room in the conservative party for our minority friends. Come on over, and see what the good life is about.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No, my intent was not to come off as an [BAD WORD REMOVED] in this response. I was being sincere. The black community needs more support and folks that can show that there is opportunity available if you are willing to work for it and not take the easy way out. Positivity in the community will have a snowball effect and can bring economic sustainability, but it has to start at the bottom first. The chain just needs to be broken. My brother is JSO and it gets frustrating seeing the same issues in the same neighborhoods every day. It's frustrating seeing the newer generations giving up and taking the wrong paths before they are even teenagers. Thanks for trying to be a positive influence. 

I'm still going to call you out on the dumb stuff though! HaHa

Im not intrested in you calling me out, that's teenage behavior. Im interested in having dialog. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Im not intrested in you calling me out, that's teenage behavior. Im interested in having dialog. 
Oh, you so grown! LOL Stop posting teenage drivel and feel free to open dialog. The opportunity has been there.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:That's what this guy did. There is no way to justify it.

Now that being said, BLM is doing the black community a huge disservice through their goals and actions. Rioting solves nothing. Assassinating law enforcement officers solves nothing. 

The blatant disregard of Black on black crimes should be first and foremost on their agenda. Followed by turning the tide on 16% of the population being locked up for over 70% of violent crimes. Finally, they need to envelop a sense of community pride and become part of the answer, not the problem. Clean up the dilapidated neighborhoods and make them respectable again. Re-instill the nuclear family unit: IE:  a traditional one mother, one father family. And a lot of people may take issue with my final remark calling it racist and bigoted, but the black communities need to seriously work on their communication skills. When a successful black person who is well spoken comes across many other blacks, they are chastised for "talking too white" and other silly things.

I do genuinely feel sorry for blacks. Many of them lead good, decent, hard working lives. They pinned their hoped to obummer, and were let down sorely. Last, but not least is the fallacy that the black community believes in liberals because they think liberals are on their side. NOTHING could be further than the truth. Slavery, Jim Crow laws, and even women's suffrage were results of conservatives. 

I truly believe that great things are in store for ALL of America, including minorities over the next 8 years. All they have to do is  be objective about what's going on in this country, and climb on board. We have plenty of room in the conservative party for our minority friends. Come on over, and see what the good life is about.

I completely agree, the criminals (who is a minority bunch) in BLM is doing a huge disservice to the Black community. The racist rhetoric, destroying of our own communities and killing law enforcement is simply inexcusable. Just to clarify, people who participate in BLM and other pro-black social-activist groups are not anti police. The fundamental problem I am seeing is just simply figuring out how to start a dialog with law enforcement and finding a common ground. It's not as simple as some people make it by saying "respect the police", there are trust issues which is deep-rooted. 

To your other points, Black on black crime is something either my community is afraid to talk about, or the topic is talked about when convenient. I say that because I see some of my friends go to funerals and post "stop killing each other", but then 3 months later post fights on facebook, which just kills any point that was trying to be made earlier, and I consider those people part of the problem. I akin them to liking the violence, but hate it when it happens to their loved ones. 

On the other hand, there are groups, faith-based and non religious who are in the streets trying to be vocal about the killings, but IMO their voice is either not strong enough, or the younger generation who is doing most of the violence is simply ignoring their message. I spoke with former Sheriff Nat Glover, Denise Lee, and a few others a year ago at EWC about expanding some programs that was around when I was younger, PAL, team-up, CIS, to focus more on at-risk youth particularly those who have been arrested and are high-school dropouts. 

In regards to the recidivism rate, bottom line is it all depends on how much funding these programs get, and if the inmate truly seeks out guidance. I work with a couple of programs here that help offenders first get back to continuing or advancing their education to get a degree or skill trade, then focus on finding them a job while keeping them engaged and off the streets and avoiding the behaviors that got them into trouble in the first place. The majority I would say about 70% who come into contact with the programs and complete at least the first 2 steps never go back to jail. I see the other 30% when they are released from DCJ or State prison, they go back to their family or friends who are in the same impoverished areas where the drugs and crime are rife. They see that and if that's all they have ever known, then its easy for them to go back to that lifestyle. Im not making excuses, im simply just seeing what takes place on a daily basis. 

I have always been a advocate of cleaning up and demolishing dilapidated buildings, Councilwoman Lee started this process a few years ago by forming a committee on the blight problem. Ive sat in on a few meetings but I feel IMO it's not strong enough. I've voiced this to her and others that the COJ needs to put in a stricter enforcement and ordinance regarding litter, overgrown weeds, trees and yards. I feel once that happens, our community will then begin to take the initiative and maintain the upkeep. 

When it comes to communication skills, the acceptance of ebonics, slang, and hip-hop terminology has changed the way black people communicate with other's both outside a professional and inside a professional setting. I have no difficulty communicating or changing up my communication style (or linguo) when im around professional business personel, or my n-words <-- yes, I know ill get heat for that  :whistling:

IMO I think when black people change their identity and speak only a certain stylen to other black that doesn't identify with a certain culture, they will be perceived as speaking "white". In other words, if their diction, tone or mannerisms is different and only is one way, then that will suggest they are speaking in a different way.  The english language technically teaches us to speak 1 way, but with all the diversity this country has, and if someone interacts with different groups of people, you have to adjust how and the way you speak to someone much like what I am doing here. 

There are millions of us who are hard working civilians who lead productive lives which is wish could be shown more in public, ie social media, TV, etc. While there was some in the community who felt Obama would "save them" by handing out wealth. I along with millions of other black people saw it as NO excuse why I couldn't make it in this country. Also, there are millions of African Americans who disagreed with Obama on his legacy, his actions on LGBT issues, etc. For the record, I disagree with Obama on his Middle East policy and his giving millions to IRAN. I also am anti gun control, but believe gun violence is out of control and needs to be looked at from a different prism. I also want to reduce welfare, but also hold million dollar corporations responsible if they don't provide affordable wages. I also believe our education system is in shambles that needs to be reformed, but am against eliminating the public school system which is what I strongly believe Devos will do.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Oh, you so grown! LOL Stop posting teenage drivel and feel free to open dialog. The opportunity has been there.

Again, im not interested in having teenage like banter, I want to discuss dialog. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!