Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
World's largest gaming convention threatens to leave Indiana if governor signs controversial bill

Quote:But really if the qualifications for equal laces is simply public access your house had no right of refusal either

The state maintains your driveway?  Because I know they don't ours.  They don't even maintain our neighborhood.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The state maintains your driveway? Because I know they don't ours. They don't even maintain our neighborhood.

They maintain the roads to your driveway. The state doesn't maintain parking lots either
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Tl;Dr

If I were a business owner in Indiana, my only question would be "Is your money green?"

So you discriminate against the color blind?

;

;

State sanctioned bigotry comes with a price.

Quote:My guess is that he'd want the tax payers to keep their money.

Quote:That is correct sir

That would work...if...

People wouldn't say..

I'm not paying for...

Education. My kids are finished school. Who needs libraries.

Infastructure. Why? I don't use those roads, bridges,etc.

Security. I don't believe in war. Th police. Fire rescue. Ambulances. Emergency rooms

I've lived in an area where we maintained our own road. About 20 houses in the area. You think everyone chipped in? Think again.

This Nation under God is slipping. It's what's in it for me. if it doesn't affect someone, they don't get concerned.

I guess without taxes, the military can do the boot thing at intersections. Teachers as well. And so on.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:  

That would work...if...

People wouldn't say..

I'm not paying for...

Education. My kids are finished school. Who needs libraries.

Infastructure. Why? I don't use those roads, bridges,etc.

Security. I don't believe in war. Th police. Fire rescue. Ambulances. Emergency rooms

I've lived in an area where we maintained our own road. About 20 houses in the area. You think everyone chipped in? Think again.

This Nation under God is slipping. It's what's in it for me. if it doesn't affect someone, they don't get concerned.

I guess without taxes, the military can do the boot thing at intersections. Teachers as well. And so on.

Always my favorite argument from statist

"But who would build the roads!?!?"

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 03:41 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:Always my favorite argument from statist

"But who would build the roads!?!?"
You don't think people would join together and do it do you? Hey everyone, we need a few grand from everyone and then come out every weekend to help lay this blacktop. But but I have to work...I don't have time. We could get the military to help, wait, nope, we don't have one. We don't need fire and rescue cuz they can't get there anyway.

And so it goes
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:You don't think people would join together and do it do you? Hey everyone, we need a few grand from everyone and then come out every weekend to help lay this blacktop. But but I have to work...I don't have time. We could get the military to help, wait, nope, we don't have one. We don't need fire and rescue cuz they can't get there anyway.

And so it goes

I guess you've never driven on a toll road?

Quote:I guess you've never driven on a toll road?

Toll roads, really? Why would any one want to live in a city where you pay every time you have to drive somewhere?

How is that freedom?

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 04:26 PM by boudreaumw.)

You know your ideology has jumped the shark when all toll roads all the time is your solution to not paying taxes. 

What about other things taxes take care of. You think people will voluntarily pay for trash pickup? Or private fire departments?

Quote:Toll roads, really? Why would any one want to live in a city where you pay every time you have to drive somewhere?

How is that freedom?

lol you already pay every time you drive somewhere. Last time around the US spent 46 BILLION on infrastructure in one single stimulus bill, that's 46 BILLION added to what they're already spending on infrastructure. Let see if you just go by the population of 309.6 million in 2009 that's $143.63 per person or for the average family of (4) $576.46 per family in one bill.

Let's stick with 2009 for example, in addition to the stimulus bill our infrastructure budge for 2009 was 23 Billion, so now lets add another $74.24 per person or the average family of (4) $296.96.

So in short your "free roads" actually cost you for the year of 2009 ALONE $217.87 per person or $873.42 per average family.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 04:42 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/03/28...bt-people/

I find it interesting Mr. "I'm okay with discriminating" is too big of a coward to name himself or his business.

Yep. Sure have. But 90% of them had options. The toll was just quicker.

However, what's the percentage of toll roads vs non toll?

I'm sure I can travel across the country with very minimal tolls.

that is a verrrry lame example of why we shouldn't pay taxes. Maybe you're more trusting than I am. I just don't believe everyone would put in. Do you?

I guess you're argument relating to no taxation and military would be like toll roads? Pay mercenaries? Wonder how many would chip in?
Blakes Life Matters

The problem with toll roads:  You have to pay someone to maintain the toll booth. 

Quote:lol you already pay every time you drive somewhere. Last time around the US spent 46 BILLION on infrastructure in one single stimulus bill, that's 46 BILLION added to what they're already spending on infrastructure. Let see if you just go by the population of 309.6 million in 2009 that's $143.63 per person or for the average family of (4) $576.46 per family in one bill.

Let's stick with 2009 for example, in addition to the stimulus bill our infrastructure budge for 2009 was 23 Billion, so now lets add another $74.24 per person or the average family of (4) $296.96.

So in short your "free roads" actually cost you for the year of 2009 ALONE $217.87 per person or $873.42 per average family.

So what's your solution to having them built without taxation? Make them all tolls? But leave an express lane for emergency vehicles?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:So in short your "free roads" actually cost you for the year of 2009 ALONE $217.87 per person or $873.42 per average family.

If you hit just 1 $1 toll road each day, and you pay both ways, that's already $400.  If you and your spouse hit three toll roads each, that's $2400.

I mean I'd probably benefit from this, because my wife and I both work close enough to work where we could walk.  When it's above 65 degrees out and not raining I even walk my kids to school and back.  

Quote:If you hit just 1 $1 toll road each day, and you pay both ways, that's already $400.  If you and your spouse hit three toll roads each, that's $2400.

I mean I'd probably benefit from this, because my wife and I both work close enough to work where we could walk.  When it's above 65 degrees out and not raining I even walk my kids to school and back.  

Assuming there's no pass like the E-pass and in a system where highways and roads are managed by various companies competing to have you drive on their road, or cities and counties use their company they'd be under pressure to establish such systems.

Toll roads are just an option, for profit companies could even build the roads at a fraction of the cost our federal government waste on infrastructure, The reality is government especially when you get to the federal level is incapable of completing a project without massive amounts of waste.

Quote:The problem with toll roads:  You have to pay someone to maintain the toll booth. 
Job creators!

Quote:Assuming there's no pass like the E-pass and in a system where highways and roads are managed by various companies competing to have you drive on their road, or cities and counties use their company they'd be under pressure to establish such systems.

Toll roads are just an option, for profit companies could even build the roads at a fraction of the cost our federal government waste on infrastructure, The reality is government especially when you get to the federal level is incapable of completing a project without massive amounts of waste.
Yeah no thanks. There should nto be competition in a road system other than in building it. That's insane. 

For profit companies already do build the roads. In most cases sub contractors are hired to do the work. 

Quote:Yeah no thanks. There should nto be competition in a road system other than in building it. That's insane. If companies controlled the roads, at best you would have only a handful of well maintained roads that are the rich to drive and the majority would be the poor roads class warfare at it's finest. At worst "religious beliefs" would make some roads inaccessible to LGBT or even minorities. Since you know, those things already happen with bakery's. 

For profit companies already do build the roads. In most cases sub contractors are hired to do the work.