Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD to retire a Jaguar

I think a player should have to at least have been selected in the ProBowl three times during his Jaguar career, been considered the best if not (top2) leader statistically for his role/position for at least one season in his career, and broke a Jaguar record for something such as most yards ever by a player or touchdowns, fgs, etc...   before being considered for the Pride...

Looking at that MJD has done all of those things... 3 time probowl player, 1st in rushing 2011, 2x first team All Pro, 2 time NFL alumni rb of the year, jacksonville all time rushing td leader among several Jaguar records...

I honestly dont see how you couldnt consider MJD Pride of the Jaguars, but if they want it to be an even more impressive performance than Maurice Jones-Drew did they should consider removing QB Mark Brunell.  I mean he too only went to the ProBowl three times during his career, his SB win was as a Saint, He only was the passing leader one season 1996, similar to MJD achomplishments (except QB based). 

and (i know this will upset everyone reading this)

You mind as well remove Fred Taylor from the Pride of the Jaguar as he only went to one ProBowl 2007.only made the 2nd team All Pro 2007 one time the same as MJD (except MJD made 1st team twice).  He is in the top 10k while MJD has not made that list, he had over 700 more carries than MJD.

Look Im not saying to remove either of those two because they deserved to be in the Pride of the Jaguar, what Im really saying is MJD should be added too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think a player should have to at least have been selected in the ProBowl three times during his Jaguar career, been considered the best if not (top2) leader statistically for his role/position for at least one season in his career, and broke a Jaguar record for something such as most yards ever by a player or touchdowns, fgs, etc...   before being considered for the Pride...

Looking at that MJD has done all of those things... 3 time probowl player, 1st in rushing 2011, 2x first team All Pro, 2 time NFL alumni rb of the year, jacksonville all time rushing td leader among several Jaguar records...

I honestly dont see how you couldnt consider MJD Pride of the Jaguars, but if they want it to be an even more impressive performance than Maurice Jones-Drew did they should consider removing QB Mark Brunell.  I mean he too only went to the ProBowl three times during his career, his SB win was as a Saint, He only was the passing leader one season 1996, similar to MJD achomplishments (except QB based). 

You mind as well remove Fred Taylor from the Pride of the Jaguar as he only went to one ProBowl 2007.only made the 2nd team All Pro 2007 one time the same as MJD (except MJD made 1st team twice).  He is in the top 10k while MJD has not made that list, he had over 700 more carries than MJD.

Look Im not saying to remove either of those two because they deserved to be in the Pride of the Jaguar, what Im really saying is MJD should be added too.
So based off your criteria, mjd's achievements would basicly be the bar to get into the pride...idk, im sticking to NO on mjd... But i would be all for taking marks name off.

Quote:I think a player should have to at least have been selected in the ProBowl three times during his Jaguar career, been considered the best if not (top2) leader statistically for his role/position for at least one season in his career, and broke a Jaguar record for something such as most yards ever by a player or touchdowns, fgs, etc...   before being considered for the Pride...

Fred is 15th all time in rushing yards missing a total of 55 games.

He also is tied for 5th in most TD rushes over 50 yards, and owns the record for longest TD rush in NFL playoff history.

A key part of a team that made an AFC Championship appearance.

Whether you like it or not Fred deserves to be in the pride more than MJD does (don't give me popularity accolades)

The real question is... where do we draw a line? What is going to be the standard.

Should we come up with a checklist?

Jimmy Smith first.

I feel like MJD is in the same category as Marcus Stroud. 

3 straight pro bowls..

Except Stroud was arguably the best at his position in the NFL at one point. MJD wasnt. (You had a couple guys who were better, A.P. being one, maybe Foster the other) Stroud was also the best we ever had at his respective position .(MJD cant say this)

Nobody is arguing for Stroud to get in, so why should MJD?

Thx Mojo for the memories!!! My sons middle name is name after yours because of your great performances in 06.

Quote:Jimmy Smith first.

I feel like MJD is in the same category as Marcus Stroud. 

3 straight pro bowls..

Except Stroud was arguably the best at his position in the NFL at one point. MJD wasnt. (You had a couple guys who were better, A.P. being one, maybe Foster the other) Stroud was also the best we ever had at his respective position .(MJD cant say this)

Nobody is arguing for Stroud to get in, so why should MJD?

I hope that's a rhetorical question. Who do you think meant more to the franchise - from a production, ticket-buying, publicity producing, fan pleasing, football-insider, casual fan knowledgeable, face of the franchise standpoint?

I don't think people are real clear on what the Pride is all about. There is no point system involved.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I hope that's a rhetorical question. Who do you think meant more to the franchise - from a production, ticket-buying, publicity producing, fan pleasing, football-insider, casual fan knowledgeable, face of the franchise standpoint?

I don't think people are real clear on what the Pride is all about. There is no point system involved.
Publicity producing should not be a criteria, so go ahead and cross that off. 

Production; 2nd on team all time for a RB

Ticket buying; Didn't we struggle with ticket buying when MJD was "the guy"? Cross that off as well.

Fan pleasing; OK, i guess. Still second on team all time for RB.

Football insider: Whom? The HOF voters?

Casual Fan Knowledge: LOL 

Face of the Franchise: You have a point here.

Quote:I hope that's a rhetorical question. Who do you think meant more to the franchise - from a production, ticket-buying, publicity producing, fan pleasing, football-insider, casual fan knowledgeable, face of the franchise standpoint?

I dont think he should get in, but i do agree with most of what u said... There will never be a point system or anything along those lines because the fans and players have no control over who goes up there... You can argue its who ever the franchise valued on a monetary or popularity level, but really, its who ever khan wants to put up there.

Quote:I dont think he should get in, but i do agree with most of what u said... There will never be a point system or anything along those lines because the fans and players have no control over who goes up there... You can argue its who ever the franchise valued on a monetary or popularity level, but really, its who ever khan wants to put up there.

Yep, you're right, it's really up to Khan or whomever he designates (his son?). But I do think Jones-Drew is a lock.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I'd put MJD in because he's arguably the most popular player the franchise has ever had.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

OK, let me ask you all this question about a Jags RB going into the pride:

If it was up to you and you could only put 1 RB into the pride, just 1, who would it be, MJD or Freddy T?

It's your choice.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I'd put MJD in because he's arguably the most popular player the franchise has ever had.

The most recognized...yes.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:OK, let me ask you all this question about a Jags RB going into the pride:

If it was up to you and you could only put 1 RB into the pride, just 1, who would it be, MJD or Freddy T?

It's your choice.

Fred and it's not even close. He was gifted.

I feel like the fans that are all gung-ho about MJD became a fan in the mid 2000's.

Not knocking anybody.

Just sayin......

Quote:The most recognized...yes.
Who would you say was more popular nationally than MJD?

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Who would you say was more popular nationally than MJD?

Tony Boseli when he was playing
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]