Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How did you choose your username?

Quote:I wanted to choose one that properly reflected my level of intelligence.

And hopefully NOT your physique.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: And hopefully NOT your physique.

What is that supposed to mean?

I think I already posted in this but im too lazy to look back.

I love Scooby doo as a kid and I also liked the pro wrestler "Diesel" as a kid. so I put the two together and made my handle that way.

Quote:I think I already posted in this but im too lazy to look back.

I love Scooby doo as a kid and I also liked the pro wrestler "Diesel" as a kid. so I put the two together and made my handle that way.

Actually that was the first time you posted it.

Quote:What is that supposed to mean?

Do you know what "physique" means?

We'll start there.

If not, you will need to look it up, Hint, google has a dictionary.

It would help to look up scarecrow also, if you are not sure what that means.

The answer to your question is closer then you think.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Most of you already know, but for those who are new to the message board or Jaguars.com in general.  Vic Ketchman used to write a column called "Ask Vic."  It was the O-Zone before the O-Zone.  Ketchman was an old curmudgeon who liked to talk about covering the Steelers in the 70s, he liked to pretend that throwing the football vs running the football was a fad and had a lot of catch phrases like "Receivers are a dime a dozen."   When The Tebow craze was beginning Vic was adamant that Tebow wasn't worth the hype and told readers that they could start calling him Vicbow, hence Vicbow Rules.

My avatar is his picture from his column.  He currently is the head writer at Packers.com.  He still does Ask Vic, though I don't read it anymore because, well, who cares about the Packers.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Mine is descriptive.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Most of you already know, but for those who are new to the message board or Jaguars.com in general.  Vic Ketchman used to write a column called "Ask Vic."  It was the O-Zone before the O-Zone.  Ketchman was an old curmudgeon who liked to talk about covering the Steelers in the 70s, he liked to pretend that throwing the football vs running the football was a fad and had a lot of catch phrases like "Receivers are a dime a dozen."   When The Tebow craze was beginning Vic was adamant that Tebow wasn't worth the hype and told readers that they could start calling him Vicbow, hence Vicbow Rules.

My avatar is his picture from his column.  He currently is the head writer at Packers.com.  He still does Ask Vic, though I don't read it anymore because, well, who cares about the Packers.
I've moved on as well, but sometimes I miss Vic.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015, 10:52 AM by Vicbow Rules.)

Quote:I've moved on as well, but sometimes I miss Vic.

Yea. Vic did  a lot of complaining, but I began to understand football from an X's and O's standpoint a lot more after reading Vic.  I didn't really think a lot about the nuances of football (like what makes a good route runner vs a bad one, how a lineman's ability to utilize his hands  against a speed rush can offset a first step, etc.) before reading Vic.  I didn't play football  (outside of back yard ball) growing up, so his insights really helped me understand things that people who played probably already understood.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015, 11:35 AM by Deacon.)

The thing that makes me miss Vic is the abundance of spelling and/or grammar errors in Oehser's columns. While Vic was a curmudgeon and I have no doubt that he is probably a pain to work with, you always had the feeling that he ripped through his work time and time again before he ever even thought of hitting "Send".

Oehser is a fine writer and I really like his approach and sense of humor, but he could definitely benefit from some of Vic's "spit and polish".

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:The thing that makes me miss Vic is the abundance of spelling and/or grammar errors in Oehser's columns. While Vic was a curmudgeon and I have no doubt that he is probably a pain to work with, you always had the feeling that he ripped through his work time and time again before he ever even thought of hitting "Send".

Oehser is a fine writer and I really like his approach and sense of humor, but he could definitely benefit from some of Vic's "spit and polish".

So true. I don't recall ever seeing a typo or word out of place from Ol' Vic. Oesher's columns routinely suffer from this. I hated when Vic left, but I've really grown to enjoy Oesher quite a bit.

Quote:. He lives in LA now while Geddy and Alex still hang in TO

Trees. One of my favs.

Quote:I saw them with Queensryche years ago. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

About 5 years ago, another poster asked the same question about usernames.

As it turns out, my username is off the liner notes of the obscure, but very good, Rush album "2112".  When I put that out there, one of our best writers wound up writing a separate thread on how he hated prog-rock in general, and Rush in particular.

And now Rush works their way into the thread again within the first page.  Awesome.

are you ready for this? I choose my name for 2 reasons.  one i love the snow,and 2 i love the wild animal wolf.  so i combined the 2 names,and snowwolf was born. it has been my user name ever since i started useing the internet. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The registration thing told me to enter my desired display name. 

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2015, 06:40 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:are you ready for this? I choose my name for 2 reasons.  one i love the snow,and 2 i love the wild animal wolf.  so i combined the 2 names,and snowwolf was born. it has been my user name ever since i started useing the internet. 

But what about the 776?

Quote:The registration thing told me to enter my desired display name. 

LOL

Back when I was doing a lot of extremely heavy lifting, I bulked up all kinds of mighty (high school) big. So people called me Big Rob. Back in the AOL is the best thing EVAAAARRR days, originally I took the Big part and added Eagle57 because that was my high school team and my jersey number. It changed to Jag because I'm a Jags fan. Now big means fat and a Jags fan with my old jersey number. 

Quote:Back when I was doing a lot of extremely heavy lifting, I bulked up all kinds of mighty (high school) big. So people called me Big Rob. Back in the AOL is the best thing EVAAAARRR days, originally I took the Big part and added Eagle57 because that was my high school team and my jersey number. It changed to Jag because I'm a Jags fan. Now big means fat and a Jags fan with my old jersey number. 

What position did you play? Were you a starter?

cause I'm the number 1 jag fan in the whole wide world.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:What position did you play? Were you a starter?
I played DE and my first year no. My second year they started me at o-line but switched me to DE. I played at 280 on that. My junior year I dropped 30lbs and was going to be the RB after putting up a 4.63 40 and during training camp, nobody could tackle me. I was Beast Modin that shhhhhhhh(you know the rest). But personal things occurred and long story short I dropped out of high school and got my GED and started working. Dumbest decision ever. But it is what it is.