Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calexit

Quote:It's a little pointless to respond at this point. You just keep saying basically the same thing with no backup. I addressed and even gave a citation about the unfunded liabilities. This is just fruitless at this point. 

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>San Bernardino was one of four <b>California</b> cities to file for <b>bankruptcy</b> between 2008 and 2012. The others, Vallejo, Stockton and Mammoth Lakes, all ended their Chapter 9 cases without making drastic changes to their governing structure.Oct 19, 2016
</div>

<div>

Bankrupt California City Seeks to Fix Politics and Finances - Bloomberg
<div style="color:rgb(84,84,84);">
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">https://www.bloomberg.com/.../<b>bankrupt</b>-<b>california</b>-city-seeks-to-fix-politics-and-balanc...

Big thanks to Slate for answering a question that's certainly on the mind of a lot of folks: can California actually go bankrupt?
<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Long story short: Yes.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Here's the nut of how it works.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Say the state can't make its debt payments, and no one will lend it any more money. In that case, the federal government can step in and put the state into receivership. This would involve the assignment of an accountant to manage the state's debt, overseen by a judge. It would be a lot like bankruptcy, except instead of following a structured set of steps—informing creditors, appointing creditors' committees, a 120-day window to file a plan, etc.—a receiver has the authority to force creditors to renegotiate loans in a speedy fashion. However, the accountant in charge would not have the power to make decisions about the state's budget, such as which programs needed to be cut and which taxes had to be raised. (No state has ever gone into receivership.)

<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Don't miss: The 10 debt-laden states quickly becoming the next California >

<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;"> 

9 Most Bankrupt States In America: Is Yours On The List?
<p style="font-size:18px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Lato, sans-serif;">7. California:
  • $118.7 billion in total debt.
  • $785.72 billion in unfunded liabilities and other retirement benefits.
  • $250 in surplus per capita
http://www.dailywire.com/news/7619/9-mos...on-bandler

The Top 10 States With Worst Budget Problems - ABC News

<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/story?id=8016634
<div style="margin:0px 3px;">
<div style="font-size:13px;">
</div>
</div>
<span style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">Jul 7, 2009 - Budget Nightmare: 10 Most Broke States. By SCOTT ... Perhaps no state has a more daunting problem to overcome than California. Its massive ...</span>

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
</div>

<div style="margin-left:2em;">
<div> 
</div>
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Adios muchacho. See you in a decade after your effective tax rate is 70% to pay for all the welfare your open borders policy creates and every tech business has moved back to the US.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 03:26 PM by Samjag904.)

Quote: 

<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-sizeConfusedmall;">
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>San Bernardino was one of four <b>California</b> cities to file for <b>bankruptcy</b> between 2008 and 2012. The others, Vallejo, Stockton and Mammoth Lakes, all ended their Chapter 9 cases without making drastic changes to their governing structure.Oct 19, 2016
</div>

<div>Bankrupt California City Seeks to Fix Politics and Finances - Bloomberg
<div style="color:rgb(84,84,84);">
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">https://www.bloomberg.com/.../<b>bankrupt</b>-<b>california</b>-city-seeks-to-fix-politics-and-balanc...

Big thanks to Slate for answering a question that's certainly on the mind of a lot of folks: can California actually go bankrupt?
<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Long story short: Yes.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Here's the nut of how it works.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Say the state can't make its debt payments, and no one will lend it any more money. In that case, the federal government can step in and put the state into receivership. This would involve the assignment of an accountant to manage the state's debt, overseen by a judge. It would be a lot like bankruptcy, except instead of following a structured set of steps—informing creditors, appointing creditors' committees, a 120-day window to file a plan, etc.—a receiver has the authority to force creditors to renegotiate loans in a speedy fashion. However, the accountant in charge would not have the power to make decisions about the state's budget, such as which programs needed to be cut and which taxes had to be raised. (No state has ever gone into receivership.)

<p style="font-family:Georgia, Times, sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Don't miss: The 10 debt-laden states quickly becoming the next California >

9 Most Bankrupt States In America: Is Yours On The List?
<p style="font-size:18px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Lato, sans-serif;">7. California:
  • $250 in surplus per capita
http://www.dailywire.com/news/7619/9-mos...on-bandler

The Top 10 States With Worst Budget Problems - ABC News

<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/story?id=8016634
<div style="margin:0px 3px;">
<div style="font-size:13px;">
</div>
</div>
Jul 7, 2009 - Budget Nightmare: 10 Most Broke States. By SCOTT ... Perhaps no state has a more daunting problem to overcome than California. Its massive ...

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
</div>

<div style="margin-left:2em;">
<div> 
</div>
</div>

</div>
So you copied and pasted a story from 2009 from slate? You going to give me some buzzfeed or other click baity top 10 list next?  Pointless indeed. I already addressed that things were quite bad in 08-09 and they have improved a good deal since then.  Comparing state debt isn't apples to apples. That single state is the 6th largest economy in the entire world, it can take on more debt than other states. As I have already said, it is a problem, but you're making it out to be a lot worse than it really is, don't be so alarmist. 

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/arti...80667.html

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:So you copied and pasted a story from 2009 from slate? You going to give me some buzzfeed or other click baity top 10 list next?  Pointless indeed. I already addressed that things were quite bad in 08-09 and they have improved a good deal since then.  Comparing state debt isn't apples to apples. That single state is the 6th largest economy in the entire world, it can take on more debt than other states. As I have already said, it is a problem, but you're making it out to be a lot worse than it really is, don't be so alarmist. 

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/arti...80667.html
One of them is from 2016 and as I told you they have been broke for a long time...I also said Jerry Brown has been doing a good job but there are huge debts left 
  • $250 in surplus per capita.

from 2016 http://www.dailywire.com/news/7619/9-mos...on-bandler is

Quote:The are the largest state by population. No kidding they get the most. They also generate the most income from tax revenue of any state individual and corporate. They generate more than they receive. Read the whole report next time.

And stop calling me lady. It's offensive and I am sure against TOS.
Look lady. I couldn't care less what offends you. You have yet to prove that you are anything but one. Unfortunately for you, there is nothing in the TOS that labels "lady" as an offense. You should really spend less time looking for things to be offended over, and more time getting a life. Try getting a boyfriend, that is if you already don't have a husband. If so, I feel really sorry for that dude.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jeery Brown since taking office has managed to knock down about 26 billion of it already.

Quote:Look lady. I couldn't care less what offends you. You have yet to prove that you are anything but one. Unfortunately for you, there is nothing in the TOS that labels "lady" as an offense. You should really spend less time looking for things to be offended over, and more time getting a life. Try getting a boyfriend, that is if you already don't have a husband. If so, I feel really sorry for that dude.

Now you're just being a downright [BLEEP].

Quote:Now you're just being a downright [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Maybe I'll ask you before I post anything again. I think you should wait by the phone for my call. Make sure you're there for me as my self-esteem hinges upon what you think of me.

PS: maybe the two of you should hook up. It could be a match made in heaven!
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.