Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump’s Immigration Muslim Ban Excludes Countries With Business Ties

When is the last time a protest actually accomplished something?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A terrorist can just proclaim himself Christian and get in.

Quote:When is the last time a protest actually accomplished something?

Ask MLK.

Quote:Ask MLK.

Nobody takes a protester serious when they protesting everything.

So 50+ years.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017, 01:30 AM by knarnn.)

Funny thing is every time this country went thru major protests and objections there were major changes brought about. From the Boston Tea Party, to the women's rights movement, to the Bus boycotts in Montgomery....this country was founded on protests!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So 50+ years.

Civil Rights didn't end in the 1960s. If King were alive he'd still be fighting. I wonder if we lived in his time whose side you'd be on. Actually, based on your post history it would be the side with dogs and water hoses.

Quote:Funny thing is every time this country went thru major protests and objections there were major changes brought about. From the Boston Tea Party, to the women's rights movement, to the Bus boycotts in Montgomery....this country was founded on protests!

Hell yes it was.

And yes, it's been 50+ years...and we talk about that like it's a long time. There are posters here who lived through black people using a different water fountain than them, and we act like it's outlandish that we still have racial tension in this country.

Anyone have stats on how many refugees have committed crimes in this country? Pretty sure it's close to zero. Unless you count all the atrocities visited on Native Americans.

Also, we're now going to have a published list of all crimes committed by immigrants in this country weekly. So a Muslim registry probably isn't far off. And eventually, why not a "people who spoke out against Trump" registry?

This is how the slippery slope starts.

Without trying to sound like the prophet of doom..

Seems like things in America are going to get far far worse before they ever start getting better. Such a big divide , not sure how it gets fixed without a revolution of sorts.

Maybe the country will unite against Trump

Quote:Civil Rights didn't end in the 1960s. If King were alive he'd still be fighting. I wonder if we lived in his time whose side you'd be on. Actually, based on your post history it would be the side with dogs and water hoses.

How will I deal with the pain from the egregious insult you just lobbed at me?? Really, I'm hurt. Deeply. I may never recover from this...Is there a support group for this kind of pain?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Civil Rights didn't end in the 1960s. If King were alive he'd still be fighting. I wonder if we lived in his time whose side you'd be on. Actually, based on your post history it would be the side with dogs and water hoses.
The side with the dogs and the water hoses... you mean the democrats? Nah that isn't us. 

To be candid though, it behooves on political party to make sure that we never achieve full equality under the law because then they wouldn't have anything to "fight" for anymore. In this country, everyone has the same rights now, it is over. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:The side with the dogs and the water hoses... you mean the democrats? Nah that isn't us.

To be candid though, it behooves on political party to make sure that we never achieve full equality under the law because then they wouldn't have anything to "fight" for anymore. In this country, everyone has the same rights now, it is over.

You know exactly which Party represents the old Dixiecrats. Stop playing dumb.

Quote:The side with the dogs and the water hoses... you mean the democrats? Nah that isn't us.

If that were the case then why does BLM. Exist, why do Women protest, why are the LGBT crowd fighting for equal rights?

What do the trumpettes think about trump taking Australia's refugees? Must be fuming at that news..

Quote:If that were the case then why does BLM. Exist, why do Women protest, why are the LGBT crowd fighting for equal rights?

They aren't, they're throwing temper tantrums to gain special rights, superior rights even.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You know exactly which Party represents the old Dixiecrats. Stop playing dumb.

And you know which one represents anti-Americanism.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Much like the March of Dimes the crusaders can never declare victory and go home. There always another cause to keep them employed.

Quote:What do the trumpettes think about trump taking Australia's refugees? Must be fuming at that news..

Australia has refugees?

Quote:No offense Eric, but I do find it funny that Trump's moves so far aligns right along with our resident anarchist.

Hey man I'm just as shocked as the rest of you. At this rate the guy may just break down all federal power in a year's time!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]