Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 Was Warmest Year Ever Recorded

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

“The Earth may be heading towards a mini-ice age period, which is similar to what was observed in the 17th century,” Aundhkar said. “During the time, the sunspots on the Sun were absent. This led to a drop in northern hemisphere temperature by 2-3 degrees. The current scenario is almost the same. Such climatic conditions might affect the agricultural pattern and health and trigger disasters in the worst scenario.”

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/...959671.cms

And the best part is that, since the scientist is a brown person, any disagreement will immediately be classified as racism! Banana B)

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

“The Earth may be heading towards a mini-ice age period, which is similar to what was observed in the 17th century,” Aundhkar said. “During the time, the sunspots on the Sun were absent. This led to a drop in northern hemisphere temperature by 2-3 degrees. The current scenario is almost the same. Such climatic conditions might affect the agricultural pattern and health and trigger disasters in the worst scenario.”

And the best part is that, since the scientist is a brown person, any disagreement will immediately be classified as racism! Banana B)

So you're betting on one man being right, rather than a theory commonly accepted by the scientific community?  Makes sense, I guess.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:And ACC has become religion. The more you're shown to be wrong the more zealous you become.
"That's the good thing about science. It's true whether or not you believe in it. That's why it works"

~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote:"That's the good thing about science. It's true whether or not you believe in it. That's why it works"

~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

"I make [BLEEP] up as I go along to score political points." - NDT

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So you're betting on one man being right, rather than a theory commonly accepted by the scientific community?  Makes sense, I guess.

See? That's there is the best part. It's always "One man" here and "one man" there. What it actually is, see, is the gentle turning of the so called consensus on the subject. The "settled science" is actually no where near settled and the truth is starting to come out. ACC is a fraud perpetrated by wealthy and powerful people to make them wealthier and more powerful by playing on the "Think of the Children" heartstrings. It's sad to see really.

Quote:See? That's there is the best part. It's always "One man" here and "one man" there. What it actually is, see, is the gentle turning of the so called consensus on the subject. The "settled science" is actually no where near settled and the truth is starting to come out. ACC is a fraud perpetrated by wealthy and powerful people to make them wealthier and more powerful by playing on the "Think of the Children" heartstrings. It's sad to see really.

The gentle turning of the consensus?  

So... surely this is a big news story right?  With other scientists agreeing?  I mean surely if the consensus is changing, then other scientists are going "You know what, his data is backed up by all this stuff."

No?  It's not.  

So... ACC is somehow going to make people powerful and wealthy.  I'm sure that the other side has nothing but good intentions in mind!  And I'm sure they don't want to deny it so their friends get more rich and powerful.  Nope.  It's just the side that wants to clean up and take care of the earth.  They have ulterior motives!  How terrible that they want to clean up the earth instead of polluting it.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:"I make [BAD WORD REMOVED] up as I go along to score political points." - NDT

What's wrong with what he said? That it's true? 

Quote:The gentle turning of the consensus?  

So... surely this is a big news story right?  With other scientists agreeing?  I mean surely if the consensus is changing, then other scientists are going "You know what, his data is backed up by all this stuff."

No?  It's not.  

So... ACC is somehow going to make people powerful and wealthy.  I'm sure that the other side has nothing but good intentions in mind!  And I'm sure they don't want to deny it so their friends get more rich and powerful.  Nope.  It's just the side that wants to clean up and take care of the earth.  They have ulterior motives!  How terrible that they want to clean up the earth instead of polluting it.

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Quote:What's wrong with what he said? That it's true? 

It's that the science isn't settled and in twenty years all this ACC stuff will be forgotten to history. As the quote says, "What all the wise men promised has not happened..." and it won't happen because it's fraudulent.

Quote:It's that the science isn't settled and in twenty years all this ACC stuff will be forgotten to history. As the quote says, "What all the wise men promised has not happened..." and it won't happen because it's fraudulent.
And again, as the quote NdT is quoted as saying. Science doesn't care what anyone believes. If the the data and experimentation continues to be seen as valid evidence the scientific community will continue to be in consensus. If new data and experimentation proves otherwise then they will change their consensus. That is how science works. It's not political grandstanding that refuses to accept new ideas. It just so happens the current best information points to something that a lot of people don't want to hear. 

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2015/01/2014...peratures/

FTA: "Science as a methodology for getting closer to the truth has been all but abandoned. It is now just one more tool to achieve political ends."

and

"It’s the universe where political power and the desire to redistribute wealth have taken control of the public discourse. It’s a global society where people believe we can replace fossil fuels with unicorn farts and antigravity-based energy.

Feelings now trump facts.

At least engineers have to prove their ideas work. The widgets and cell phones and cars and jets and bridges they build either work or they don’t.

In climate science, whichever side is favored by politicians and journalism graduates is the side that wins.

And what about those 97% of scientists who agree? Well, what they all agree on is that if their government climate funding goes away, their careers will end."

Silly Rethuglican, Koch led, oil industry supported crank. What does he know about our relig---- SCIENCE???

Quote:It's not political grandstanding that refuses to accept new ideas.

Did you find that quote on a cereal box?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posting for shock value I see?

This "brown" scientist you are referring to didn't include historic emissions or sea level data in his report go figure.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The gentle turning of the consensus?  

No?  It's not.  

A big news story that contradicts the MSM and the politicians who own them? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Confusedweat:  That's rich.

Quote:Eric has the gist of it. Man didn't do it, man can't change it, and it's hubris to think otherwise.

This is the crux of your problem.

Quote:This is the crux of your problem.

I don't have a problem, I'm not the one running around with the "Sky is falling" routine.

[Image: oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif]

Quote:http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...vironment/

Wow, although sad that's a whole bunch of "We don't know why" in that there article. Clearly we must attribute it to ACC, because nothing else could cause it.

Quote:I don't have a problem, I'm not the one running around with the "Sky is falling" routine.

[Image: oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif]

So you think rising sea levels, record warmth in the Artic, high carbon emissions, etc are just unicorns and rainbows right?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:So you think rising sea levels, record warmth in the Artic, high carbon emissions, etc are just unicorns and rainbows right?

I think that the Earth has been here for 6 billion years and that it's sheer hubris for humanity to believe that, even if the "recorded" changes are honestly happening, we have anything to do with it, can change it or that it's anything more than a natural cyclical occurrence. Just like the ridiculous claims made in that stupid 2014 article this week, there's so much that is overstated, assumed and outright taken on faith about ACC that it's absurd that rational people believe those loons. Their models haven't just failed, they've failed in spectacular fashion worthy of disdain and ridicule. And furthermore, we know from all those e-mails leaked years ago that they cherry pick, obfuscate, and flat out lie to cover up what they don't want to be known, that they've been wrong the whole time. And we're supposed to just bow down and change our entire way of life based on their proven false prophecies? Heck no.