Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is Garbage!

Why make two threads? We get it u hate Blake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I mean, to be honest, it's hard to say what BB5 will become.  We have a really bad O-Line and we have an offensive scheme that is easy to predict and easy to defend.

BB5 may be indeed an elite QB.  But without protection and an NFL OC with a darn, we'll never know what his true potential is.

Quote:Hated Bortles coming out of the draft, he was nothing special in college.. when we drafted him my teal shades got the best of me along with his great play in the preseason/first 2 reg season games.

But I really don't think he's the answer. I wanted us to take Teddy in the first or Garoppolo in the second and it looks like my couch scouting is better than I thought.
A simple search of your posts completely contradicts what you are saying now.

You should probably stop because it's making you look like a babbling idiot.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:A simple search of your posts completely contradicts what you are saying now.

You should probably stop because it's making you look like a babbling idiot.

I think someone should start a "babbling idiot" thread.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I think someone should start a "babbling idiot" thread.
I thought I was already posting in one, but hey, what do I know. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I think someone should start a "babbling idiot" thread.

Not yet. There are still 5 of them on the front page.

I still believe in Blake.  I never felt that way about Blaine Goobert.  I really think his supporting cast is such trash, there is no way a rookie can remotely succeed with this.  WR's drop everything, Lewis is a Giraffe that trips over himself, and the Oline murders him.  Give the guy a break.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Bortles will be fine. The spark he gave and flashes he showed were real. Not enough help around him yet.

But really? Ready to give up on him after 13 games? Pretty premature of you.

No one is safe.

Bortles has a long way to go. Im not declaring him a bust or a steal until after his 3rd season. His footwork goes out of whack too often. If that becomes more consistent, he can be our franchise qb. im just glad he made it through this season alive. On to next season and hopefully a much better offensive line and offensive scheme. Gabbert hardly ever flashed.

No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Bortles has a long way to go. Im not declaring him a bust or a steal until after his 3rd season. His footwork goes out of whack too often. If that becomes more consistent, he can be our franchise qb. im just glad he made it through this season alive. On to next season and hopefully a much better offensive line and offensive scheme. Gabbert hardly ever flashed.
Gabbert had like 2 game winning drives that gave us false hope.  I look back and think it was luck against the Vikings and Colts.

Here is the bottom line.  If you put Manning or Brady behind this offensive line they would struggle as well.  If your line isn't good your offense won't be good.  We have maybe the worst line in the NFL.  Sorry but put any HOFer  behind this line and they struggle.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Here is the bottom line.  If you put Manning or Brady behind this offensive line they would struggle as well.  If your line isn't good your offense won't be good.  We have maybe the worst line in the NFL.  Sorry but put any HOFer  behind this line and they struggle.
This and Jedd Fisch = the Jaguars 2014 season

There's a lot to work with as far as BBs is concerned.

If he can get some really good coaching, QB mentoring and a decent O-Line he has a chance to be real good.

If not, he will probably get a little better, but he won't be able to reach his full potential as a QB in the NFL.

There's always a chance he can get a lot better without good coaching, QB mentoring and a better O-Line, but it just isn't very likely.

We technically didn't win that Vikings game, but I remember getting excited after he threw that td to Shorts, The one against the Colts was just a bust by the Colts defense.

No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 06:31 PM by jtmoney.)

It is crazy to start talking about the QB not being the answer with an offensive line playing as badly as it has and the amount of rookies we have starting on offense.  Lets see how he develops in year 2.

Yes!!! Lets judge a rookie QB with no line, rookie receivers, an over the hill tight end and an incompetent OC. Sounds fair. 

Quote:Yes!!! Lets judge a rookie QB with no line, rookie receivers, an over the hill tight end and an incompetent OC. Sounds fair. 

Lewis is putting his foot down!

[Image: baby-giraffe-o.gif]

Im going to be completely honest right now. This is a waste of a thread its like the other 140 you started telling us look at me i hate BB. BB sucks he cant be good, whine whine whine

Quote:Gabbert had like 2 game winning drives that gave us false hope.  I look back and think it was luck against the Vikings and Colts.

BG did have that long pass to CS3 to take the lead against the Vikings with about 20 sec. left, I think, but the Vikings got the kickoff, drove down the field for a game tying FG and then won the game with a FG in OT.

I remember losing that game to the Vikings, on the road.

Quote: BG did have that long pass to CS3 to take the lead against the Vikings with about 20 sec. left, I think, but the Vikings got the kickoff, drove down the field for a game tying FG and then won the game with a FG in OT.

I remember losing that game to the Vikings, on the road.
Yes I realize that.  The defense whiffed, but I'm just saying, we got false hope with that game and the Colt's game about Goobert.