Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone ever meet up with posters on here?

Quote:That's where I met FBT, Fargin, JagsAmore and a few others.

Fargin and I used to argue a lot on the board and I always felt him introducing himself to me that night was a conciliatory gesture, one I gladly accepted.

Dav and one other regular visited me here in Tennessee the summer after I moved from Jacksonville. It was a week of partying I'll never forget.

I miss those two guys.
I remember that restaurant and the get togethers. Fargin argued with everyone and I was so sad when Dav passed away. He's still listed as a friend on my Facebook.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I've met quite a few.  Several years back there was another board started that organized a few events that I attended.  Some of it was a lot of fun such as doing stuff during training camp, meeting up for a "send off" when the team was leaving for a road game and tailgating events on game day.

However, it started to turn into a "cliquish" kind of group, and I didn't want any part of that.  I got some insight into how people would say mean or derogatory things about some of the others behind their backs, yet in person they would "fake" liking the person and it really turned me off.  This came from several of the "leaders" of that group.  A few of them that I know of are still "around" and frequently comment on a certain fan blog on the internet.

I do my best to accept people for who they are, even if they aren't "socially cool" or don't have anything in common with me other than being a fan of The Jaguars.

I know we've met. I hung out with that group until life happened.

Quote:I've met quite a few.  Several years back there was another board started that organized a few events that I attended.  Some of it was a lot of fun such as doing stuff during training camp, meeting up for a "send off" when the team was leaving for a road game and tailgating events on game day.

However, it started to turn into a "cliquish" kind of group, and I didn't want any part of that.  I got some insight into how people would say mean or derogatory things about some of the others behind their backs, yet in person they would "fake" liking the person and it really turned me off.  This came from several of the "leaders" of that group.  A few of them that I know of are still "around" and frequently comment on a certain fan blog on the internet.

I do my best to accept people for who they are, even if they aren't "socially cool" or don't have anything in common with me other than being a fan of The Jaguars.

Yeah, that's a little much for me!

Quote:Don't get me started on JagsAmore... She's actually a poster's mom...A poster's Hot Mom...

Please, tell us more!

Anyone ever thinking about trying to put together some sort of MB meet up, party/charity event? Maybe something to think about for next preseason, have a good time for a good cause?

Had a great time yesterday with NYC4Jags yesterday playing golf and then hanging out at BW3. Real good guy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 09:09 AM by Minorcan.)

Quote:Who is the poster?
Hahaha if I remember correctly it may actually be someone you argue with quite a bit regarding the Seminoles, but I could be mistaken. Big John?

Now that I think about it, there were two big johns, the one that posts now bigjohn98 and the other one. I'm pretty sure it's 98 since I recall them being big nole fans. Jagsamore was a mod and she was fun on the boards back then. Too bad she doesn't come around anymore.

Quote:Hahaha if I remember correctly it may actually be someone you argue with quite a bit regarding the Seminoles, but I could be mistaken. Big John?

Now that I think about it, there were two big johns, the one that posts now bigjohn98 and the other one. I'm pretty sure it's 98 since I recall them being big nole fans. Jagsamore was a mod and she was fun on the boards back then. Too bad she doesn't come around anymore.

She hasn't been around in a long time then....I don't remember her as a mod. It's sad when regulars on here just stop coming around....at least drop by and say good bye! Sad
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:She hasn't been around in a long time then....I don't remember her as a mod. It's sad when regulars on here just stop coming around....at least drop by and say good bye! Sad

She changed her name to Joan of snark.

Quote:There were several of us back in the day that got together for training camps, tailgating, meeting up at a restaurant for away games. It was fun times.

I remember going to a training camp function in 2002 that had a "VIP" type area and some people from the board were there. Most of them are no longer active like Skeeter Rob and the couple that owned Jagmania.

;

;

Quote:She hasn't been around in a long time then....I don't remember her as a mod. It's sad when regulars on here just stop coming around....at least drop by and say good bye! Sad
Jagsamore at one point had a part time job, night classes, a B&B to run and toddler to raise. Not much time in there for the MB.

Quote:Jagsamore at one point had a part time job, night classes, a B&B to run and toddler to raise. Not much time in there for the MB.
DF, with your apparent Asian thing, you'd love SF.  Ever been?  I think it's your heaven!

Quote:DF, with your apparent Asian thing, you'd love SF.  Ever been?  I think it's your heaven!
I was planning a West Coast trip for September this year but couldn't make it work financially. Instead went to Florida (Key West to Jacksonville) two weeks ago. 

Quote:I was planning a West Coast trip for September this year but couldn't make it work financially. Instead went to Florida (Key West to Jacksonville) two weeks ago. 
When we first moved here, my wife said to me, man any guy with an Asian fetish would love it here!  Beautiful asian women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano!

Quote:When we first moved here, my wife said to me, man any guy with an Asian fetish would love it here!  Beautiful asian women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano!
I thought that was Aspen?

Quote:When we first moved here, my wife said to me, man any guy with an Asian fetish would love it here!  Beautiful asian women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano!

Quote:I thought that was Aspen?
You have to read VERY carefully to see the subtle difference!!!

I've never had that asian thing, but dang, that might be changing!  At least from a looking point of view...

Haha. San Jose is the Asian hotspot.

From what I hear pretty much every decent sized city in SoCal has their own Asian neighborhood. Only difference from city to city is the size of said neighborhood. 

Quote:Jagsamore at one point had a part time job, night classes, a B&B to run and toddler to raise. Not much time in there for the MB.

I didn't say she had to hang out...just drop by! Several posters have just stopped posting that were such regulars...makes you wonder if something happened to them!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???