Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why are people protesting?

Quote:But when one of the things you are protesting is pro environment and planet earth, this is not a good look.

Correct. One is a carefree good time, the other is a construct to reinforce moral and ethical stances. But whatever...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

After all that marching, they decided to have 4,320,000 wine coolers, then drunkenly ripped each other apart competing for the 3 straight men at the protest.

Quote:After all that marching, they decided to have 4,320,000 wine coolers, then drunkenly ripped each other apart competing for the 3 straight men at the protest.

Death by snu-snu
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Got into a bit of a "Debate" last night on FB regarding this and asked the following question:

I'm curious. What rights are you marching for that you don't already have? Free birth control? When did that become a right? Autonomy over your own life? How do you not have that, unless you want others to pay for that autonomy where's the problem?
<span style="color:rgb(29,33,41);background-color:rgb(246,247,249);"> Trump has been president for less than 70 hours, how has he impacted those rights? If you have been wronged, wouldn't that be the fault of the president that was in office for 70,000 + hours rather than the one in office for less than 70?
</span>

She never responded.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 11:07 AM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Got into a bit of a "Debate" last night on FB regarding this and asked the following question:

<span style="background-color:rgb(246,247,249);">I'm curious. What rights are you marching for that you don't already have? Free birth control? When did that become a right? Autonomy over your own life? How do you not have that, unless you want others to pay for that autonomy where's the problem?
<span style="color:rgb(29,33,41);"><span style="background-color:rgb(246,247,249);"> Trump has been president for less than 70 hours, how has he impacted those rights? If you have been wronged, wouldn't that be the fault of the president that was in office for 70,000 + hours rather than the one in office for less than 70?</span></span></span>

<span style="background-color:rgb(246,247,249);">She never responded.
</span>
What is the option for a woman who wants to abort after 20 weeks?

What should a woman do about those who want to overturn Roe vs Wade, repeal and replace Obamacare,, who support gay conversion therapy, or who want to defund Planned Parenthood, or those who want to privatize schools, those who support the continued privatization of the criminal justice system, those who support racial profiling, who oppose addressing Climate Change?

Maybe she didn't want to bother addressing you or didn't want to articulate why women rallied but I have just outlined many of the reasons for the protest.

Quote:What is the option for a woman who wants to abort after 20 weeks?

What should a woman do about those who want to overturn Roe vs Wade, repeal and replace Obamacare,, who support gay conversion therapy, or who want to defund Planned Parenthood, or those who want to privatize schools, those who support the continued privatization of the criminal justice system, those who support racial profiling, who oppose addressing Climate Change?

Maybe she didn't want to bother addressing you or didn't want to articulate why women rallied but I have just outlined many of the reasons for the protest.

OK.  So, why 24 hours after Trump's election?  How many of the items you list above have already been enacted?    Sorry, this is just a temper tantrum because they lost the election.   

OH GAWD NO! WE CANT KILL OUR KIDS! OPPRESSED!

Quote:OK. So, why 24 hours after Trump's election? How many of the items you list above have already been enacted? Sorry, this is just a temper tantrum because they lost the election.

This was organized months in advance. There would have been rallies even if Hillary was elected.

I've never understood this argument. The option is to make a decision before you've been pregnant for 5 months. How hard is that?

Quote:This was organized months in advance. There would have been rallies even if Hillary was elected.

The tone would have been dramatically different if Hillary had won the election.   I doubt Madonna would have discussed blowing up the white house, or Ashley Judd would have gone on whatever the hell psychotic rant that was.

Quote:I've never understood this argument. The option is to make a decision before you've been pregnant for 5 months. How hard is that?

Too hard for liberal women evidently.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:What should a woman do about those who want to overturn Roe vs Wade vote

, repeal and replace Obamacare, Encourage them, it's a hideous piece of legislation

, who support gay conversion therapy, vote

or who want to defund Planned Parenthood, vote

or those who want to privatize schools, Encourage them, it will most likely be better for the children.

those who support the continued privatization of the criminal justice system, You mean local politicians? they should vote.

those who support racial profiling, They should actively work to improve minority culture

who oppose addressing Climate Change? They should encourage them since it's bull [BLEEP].

So, basically you're saying they are protesting against their own best interests. Sounds like the modern left to me all right.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So, basically you're saying they are protesting against their own best interests. Sounds like the modern left to me all right.
We actually need to vote if gay conversion therapy is necessary?

Good lord. Who cares if someone is gay or not? It's not like they are choosing to be gay.

Quote:We actually need to vote if gay conversion therapy is necessary?

Good lord. Who cares if someone is gay or not? It's not like they are choosing to be gay.

Vote against someone who holds that belief. It's not that complicated. If it matters to you then vote the issue. It's really not that complicated.

Dream up bull [BLEEP], blame the right, repeat.

It's easy to be a Democrat.  Lie to win votes, do nothing except profit from your position financially, and blame the right for everything.  Pray enough fools buy the bull [BLEEP] to keep you wealthy in office.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Vote against someone who holds that belief. It's not that complicated. If it matters to you then vote the issue. It's really not that complicated.
What I'm saying is that this shouldn't even need to be voted on. 

Quote:What I'm saying is that this shouldn't even need to be voted on. 

I don't think the actual issue is on any ballots, they are protesting the beliefs of some of the candidates, Pence in particular. If you don't agree with him then vote for someone else if that issue matters that much to you. As for me, I don't think he's planning to round gay people up and put them in conversion camps, but that seems to be the irrational thinking of some of these protestors.

Quote:We actually need to vote if gay conversion therapy is necessary?

No one is proposing the government force people to go through gay conversion therapy, so that's a non-issue.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I don't think the actual issue is on any ballots, they are protesting the beliefs of some of the candidates, Pence in particular. If you don't agree with him then vote for someone else if that issue matters that much to you. As for me, I don't think he's planning to round gay people up and put them in conversion camps, but that seems to be the irrational thinking of some of these protestors.
I mean I certainly hope there won't be conversion camps. That would be awful.

I know Pence has extremely strong views when it comes to this and other things so I hope he has zero influence over them.