Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blackmon completes rehab

You guys this is probably the longest Blackmon has gone without football since junior high school. No one in here knows for sure if he can even still perform like he used to, let alone whether he'll get reinstated, let alone whether the Jaguars decide to move on because Robinson/Hurns/ and hopefully Lee have all met their expectations. Just be happy that he's getting his life on track and that's all... I'd say the chances are maybe 5% or less that he comes back to the Jags as a legitimate WR1 threat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You guys this is probably the longest Blackmon has gone without football since junior high school. No one in here knows for sure if he can even still perform like he used to, let alone whether he'll get reinstated, let alone whether the Jaguars decide to move on because Robinson/Hurns/ and hopefully Lee have all met their expectations. Just be happy that he's getting his life on track and that's all... I'd say the chances are maybe 5% or less that he comes back to the Jags as a legitimate WR1 threat.
Eh.  Biggest hurdle I see is him keeping his nose clean.  The football part will be easy for him, even with a year break.

Quote:My concern is that Blackmon and Robinson are the "same guy" on the field. We REALLY need Lee to prove himself as the guy who can be the deep threat this team badly needs.

Whilst I agree with this once you have two guys that can play those short/medium balls well, you'll find the safeties push up etc and this is where we get one and one on the outside hence creating the deep threat, trust me having those 2 playing will create opportunities for the long ball, effectively we're eradicating the need for a receiving te.

Quote: I thought he would waste his life away in drugs/alcohol

dude.. he got caught with 3 grams... a joint basically.. and he got a DUI like half the people I know on this earth

and here you are acting like he's a needle away from being addicted to heroin

Quote:dude.. he got caught with 3 grams... a joint basically.. and he got a DUI like half the people I know on this earth

and here you are acting like he's a needle away from being addicted to heroin

Well to be fair, as a weed smoker who DOESNT get drug tested for his job and is smart enough to keep that [BLEEP] at home... 3 grams is not a joint hahaha 3 grams can last a heavy weed smoker a week

But ultimately yeah he's not an "addict", he wasn't doing hard drugs, he's just an immature kid who needed to learn some self-control and make more responsible decisions. Like don't smoke if you're drug tested for a job that pays you millions, don't drive drunk when the NFL offers an extensive shuttle system for players, etc.

Quote:Well to be fair, as a weed smoker who DOESNT get drug tested for his job and is smart enough to keep that [BAD WORD REMOVED] at home... 3 grams is not a joint hahaha 3 grams can last a heavy weed smoker a week

But ultimately yeah he's not an "addict", he wasn't doing hard drugs, he's just an immature kid who needed to learn some self-control and make more responsible decisions. Like don't smoke if you're drug tested for a job that pays you millions, don't drive drunk when the NFL offers an extensive shuttle system for players, etc.

3 grams wont last a heavy weed smoker a day, I know a puerto rican down the road that'll prove that to you if you wanna come down and watch this weeks loss

there's seemingly plenty of people in the NFL and NBA that get away with smoking smoke, I dont know why but blackmon is just on an unlucky stream from h3ll

Quote:This isn't about the team this is about a man that's completed rehab to overcome his addictions, anything he does for the team is just a bonus.

LOL - yeah, that what Jaguar fans really care about.

Hate to be cynical, but come on. None of us know the guy or will have anything to do with him after his playing career is done. People want to see him able to contribute to the team. Clean and sober is just a bonus.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Well to be fair, as a weed smoker who DOESNT get drug tested for his job and is smart enough to keep that [BAD WORD REMOVED] at home... 3 grams is not a joint hahaha 3 grams can last a heavy weed smoker a week

3 grams falls under the minimum possession charge same as a joint.

But you are right. Smoking in your car and then not following the traffic rules when you have so much on the line is poor decision making.

Sometimes people have to learn the hard way. Hopefully he has learned from this and will make better decisions in the future.

Don't ever underestimate the pull of alcohol and how destructive it can be. Overcoming alcoholism is a lot more than "being an immature kid who needs to learn some self-control." He's an adult trying to deal with a serious illness. Let's hope he approaches it in that manner.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014, 02:15 PM by theguy77.)

Quote:3 grams wont last a heavy weed smoker a day, I know a puerto rican down the road that'll prove that to you if you wanna come down and watch this weeks loss

Your Puerto Rican friend is blowing a lot of money away then. What's he do, roll 3 blunts and smoke them all in an hour? I mean jesus

Quote:there's seemingly plenty of people in the NFL and NBA that get away with smoking smoke, I dont know why but blackmon is just on an unlucky stream from h3ll

Well part of it is NFL players know exactly when they're gonna get tested. It's the same time every year. Obviously you get tested way more often if you're caught, for example Josh Gordon was tested almost daily during his suspension. But the NFL's drug test is basically an idiot/addict test -- are you committed enough to football to stay clean when you are asked to so? Players who haven't had any infractions are pretty much able to smoke weed whenever after drug test day and not get caught, as long as they make sure to stop the month before the next drug test.

Quote:He's probably fat, out of shape and runs a 4.7 forty yard dash time now.
You see his recent pic with a fan? He looks bigger, his speed will come back to him.

Quote:3 grams wont last a heavy weed smoker a day, I know a puerto rican down the road that'll prove that to you if you wanna come down and watch this weeks loss

there's seemingly plenty of people in the NFL and NBA that get away with smoking smoke, I dont know why but blackmon is just on an unlucky stream from h3ll
As long as you aren't in stage one of the drug intervention program, the players know there is a small time frame at the beginning of OTAs where they test the entire team. After that there are no more drug tests until the next off season. All they have to do is stay clean for that month and they can partake the rest of the year.

Stage one which you get put into if you are too stupid to clean up for that month and fail that drug test, or as in Blackmons case get a DUI, subjects you to random drug tests throughout the year for a set number of years. Fail one of those tests and you enter stage two which comes with a four game suspension. Fail another random test and you enter stage three which is banishment from the league for a minimum of one year which is what happened to Blackmon.

So you really can't say it was bad luck. Blackmon pretty much created the situation he was in and the failed to act responsibly not only once but twice to put him in his current situation.

Quote:Your Puerto Rican friend is blowing a lot of money away then. What's he do, roll 3 blunts and smoke them all in an hour? I mean jesus

Well part of it is NFL players know exactly when they're gonna get tested. It's the same time every year. Obviously you get tested way more often if you're caught, for example Josh Gordon was tested almost daily during his suspension. But the NFL's drug test is basically an idiot/addict test -- are you committed enough to football to stay clean when you are asked to so? Players who haven't had any infractions are pretty much able to smoke weed whenever after drug test day and not get caught, as long as they make sure to stop the month before the next drug test.

pretty much what he does yah

<div style="margin:0px;">

No contest plea for Justin Blackmon

<div style="margin:0px;font-size:10px;color:rgb(153,153,153);">Updated: November 20, 2014, 6:41 PM ET
By Michael DiRocco | ESPN.com</div>
</div>

<ul class="">[*]JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Suspended Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon pleaded no contest to misdemeanor marijuana possession on Thursday, according to The Oklahoman newspaper....
</ul>
I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Great to hear. I'm not going to hold my breath over it as he still has to go another off-season with no set-backs and do whatever protocol the league has in store for him. It's a step in the right direction that he at least wants to get clean.

No pain, no gain.

Listening to the drill yesterday morning, Prosser said something along the lines of how it's great to hear he's making strides at rehab and life in general, but he still sees no chance he plays another down in the NFL.

He said "I have my sources.... people that really know him... It's not something I can share on the air... but Blackmon is a very disturbed and irrational person, I would be shocked if he played another down in the NFL."

Prosser and Hicken have both said similar things a lot of times in the past, apparently they're hearing something from somebody that's close to Blackmon about things that are not encouraging.

So basically, don't get your hopes up guys.  Our guys are ARob, Hurns, and Lee now.  Let them develop.  Re-sign Cecil to a team-friendly contract if possible.  If Blackmon comes back, I see it as a luxury for a few games.  I would never think of him as a building block for the future.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:You see his recent pic with a fan? He looks bigger, his speed will come back to him.

It was the small fan that made him look bigger.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014, 11:16 AM by git'er_done.)

Quote:Listening to the drill yesterday morning, Prosser said something along the lines of how it's great to hear he's making strides at rehab and life in general, but he still sees no chance he plays another down in the NFL.

He said "I have my sources.... people that really know him... It's not something I can share on the air... but Blackmon is a very disturbed and irrational person, I would be shocked if he played another down in the NFL."

Prosser and Hicken have both said similar things a lot of times in the past, apparently they're hearing something from somebody that's close to Blackmon about things that are not encouraging.

So basically, don't get your hopes up guys.  Our guys are ARob, Hurns, and Lee now.  Let them develop.  Re-sign Cecil to a team-friendly contract if possible.  If Blackmon comes back, I see it as a luxury for a few games.  I would never think of him as a building block for the future.

If he's gotten the help he needs and wrapped up his legal issues, I don't how the NFL can keep him from eventually playing. The Josh Gordon and Ray Rice fiascos have placed the NFL on notice that you can't keep a player suspended indefinitely, for, well, an indefinite period of time. This league has had a long history of colourful personalities and some of them continue to play today (James Harrison, Terrel Suggs - the list goes on). You don't necessarily need to be Peyton Manning to take the field. You don't even need to be a good person. Just demonstrate efforts to get better, which Blackmon has done, and stay out of trouble, which of course, remains to be seen.

Quote:If he's gotten the help he needs and wrapped up his legal issues, I don't how the NFL can keep him from eventually playing. The Josh Gordon and Ray Rice fiascos have placed the NFL on notice that you can't keep a player suspended indefinitely, for, well, an indefinite period of time. This is a league has had a long history of colourful personalities. You don't necessarily need to be Peyton Manning to take the field. You don't even need to be a good person. Just demonstrate efforts to get better, which Blackmon has done, and stay out of trouble, which of course, remains to be seen.

I agree.

I think their point may be that even IF he gets reinstated and comes back - that return may be shortlived just because of what he does/how he is.

The only thing I'm sure of is that I wouldn't count on Blackmon.  He's a luxury.  If he's there, great, but if not - our WRs should be good enough next year.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Super Bowl 2015, confirmed. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.