Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Well, is he?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Simple Yes or No....Is Bradley The Guy

Quote:The thing is, I don't think most people understand the job of a head coach. Contrary to the "Madden Game" mind set of a lot of people, the Head Coach doesn't draw up plays and formations, dictate adjustments, acquire/release players, etc. He is the Manager of the staff of people that do those things.

Is he ultimately accountable? Absolutely.

However, if my profession happened to be a professional football player, I certainly would like to work for someone like Bradley.

One other thing to look at. Does the team look better at this point in the season compared to last season? Put the win/loss record aside and think about it.

Absolutely not. You can't say otherwise. Why take out the most important fact? Wins and losses are the ultimate factor. They play to win, and they can't. I seriously think they end up 3-13.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Once again we see people claim this magical 3 year process as though it's actually been declared by this regime as their plan. Would somebody PLEASE post a link where either Gus or Dave said it was a 3 year process? Otherwise, the 3 year process is merely a message board fantasy.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

I may be wrong, but I believe that it's been implied that the plan was to build the core through the draft this first two seasons, then supplement via free agency after the second season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Del Rio went 3-8 with Gabby before being fired....
By taking the game away from Gabbert and putting it on MJD. Had a slight better OL that year too. The garbage roster Gus had to deal with his first year as HC was probably historically one of the worst NFL rosters ever. You'll have that purging dead weight and dead money.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Absolutely not. You can't say otherwise. Why take out the most important fact? Wins and losses are the ultimate factor. They play to win, and they can't. I seriously think they end up 3-13.

Can you point out factually how the team "absolutely does not" look better at this point of the season compared to last season at the same point?  What exactly is not better?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

My opinion as it stands right now is a Yes.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 07:24 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:Can you point out factually how the team "absolutely does not" look better at this point of the season compared to last season at the same point? What exactly is not better?

Did you watch the cowboys game? Can't tackle, turnovers, terrible game planning. They looked like a joke. The times union gave them all F's in Monday's paper...how do you imagine you improved by getting F's in all points of your last game?

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 07:25 PM by Olive.)

Quote:I'm doubting that.  Not with Gabbert. 

Best record in the NFL. I have to admit I am actually becoming a believer in Arians. Crazy, I know, but I can't sit back any longer and not consider him the best NFL head coach. I started believing in him last year when he took the Cards to Seattle, and beat the best team in the league ... in their house.

Quote:Can you point out factually how the team "absolutely does not" look better at this point of the season compared to last season at the same point?  What exactly is not better?

The record

Quote:By taking the game away from Gabbert and putting it on MJD. Had a slight better OL that year too. The garbage roster Gus had to deal with his first year as HC was probably historically one of the worst NFL rosters ever. You'll have that purging dead weight and dead money.

You asked ... Del rio won 3 games with McCown and Gabbert.... Gabbert as a rookie too.

Quote:Give me a break. 4-12 is terrible. Being that 2 years in a row is not something to hang your hat on. I don't think they reach 4-12. At best they are 3-13.
Next year we can aim for the stars.  Maybe win 5 or even 6 games. OMG!

It's ridiculous that 4-12 in the second year is looked at as a good goal.  Insane

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Until I hear it from the coach or GM no one posting on this board knows what the plan is. Yes, I heard them say their plan was to build through the draft, but that is the extent of it. To my knowledge, at no time did they say it was  a 3 year plan to be playoff contenders. At no time did they say we will struggle for 2 years then in year 3 we will be contenders. Not once did they say we will continue with youth and inexperience for the first two years with no improvement then judge our results in year 3.

Some how though, posters will continue to devour this 3 year process fantasy as though its carved in stone we either win consistently in year 3 or Khan will change the regime.

Regards............................the Chiefjag

Quote:The thing is, I don't think most people understand the job of a head coach.  Contrary to the "Madden Game" mind set of a lot of people, the Head Coach doesn't draw up plays and formations, dictate adjustments, acquire/release players, etc.  He is the Manager of the staff of people that do those things.

Is he ultimately accountable?  Absolutely.

However, if my profession happened to be a professional football player, I certainly would like to work for someone like Bradley.

One other thing to look at.  Does the team look better at this point in the season compared to last season?  Put the win/loss record aside and think about it.

Quote:Absolutely not. You can't say otherwise. Why take out the most important fact? Wins and losses are the ultimate factor. They play to win, and they can't. I seriously think they end up 3-13.

Oh really??  

I can absolutely say otherwise.  

- The D-line is better by an exponential margin. 

- The O-line sucked for 5 games but now looks better than last year.  Especially in ZBS run blocking. 

- Running game?  Better. 

- Passing game?  Better - just inhibited by rookie errors at QB and receiver. 

- Secondary?  Took a step backward and must be improved. 

- Linebacker?  Equally as bad as last season for different reasons. 

What did I miss? 

Quote:Until I hear it from the coach or GM no one posting on this board knows what the plan is. Yes, I heard them say their plan was to build through the draft, but that is the extent of it. To my knowledge, at no time did they say it was  a 3 year plan to be playoff contenders. At no time did they say we will struggle for 2 years then in year 3 we will be contenders. Not once did they say we will continue with youth and inexperience for the first two years with no improvement then judge our results in year 3.

Some how though, posters will continue to devour this 3 year process fantasy as though its carved in stone we either win consistently in year 3 or Khan will change the regime.

Regards............................the Chiefjag

You feel better now Chief?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Next year we can aim for the stars. Maybe win 5 or even 6 games. OMG!

It's ridiculous that 4-12 in the second year is looked at as a good goal. Insane

No kidding. It baffles me that people think that's a good goal. I can't imagine some of the fans if we hit the 5/6 games next year. I still think that sucks. At minimum next year they should be 8-8.

Quote:Oh really??  

- The O-line sucked for 5 games but now looks better than last year.  Especially in ZBS run blocking. 

- Running game?  Better. 

What did I miss?
You missed more wins....

- Running game?  Better. 

What did I miss? 

Special teams went backward for some reason.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 07:31 PM by CSO14.)

- The O-line sucked for 5 games but now looks better than last year. Especially in ZBS run blocking.

- Running game? Better.

- Passing game? Better - just inhibited by rookie errors at QB and receiver.

- Secondary? Took a step backward and must be improved.

- Linebacker? Equally as bad as last season for different reasons.

What did I miss?
Their record.. The thing that matters most. Ask Brady what he thinks about manning's stats. Or does he care about his wins and rings...

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 07:31 PM by continuous.)

I voted no because I dont think mixing his lack of Head Coach experience with a team of no experience had a real chance at success. I believe a real X and O guy can get more out of young players than a RAHRAH tony robbins coach.... I also think this team wont have a chance till there is a better mix of veterans and youth. Too much either way is bad. Not saying we should spend just to spend but having the most cap room and only one win is probably related. Im hoping we really hit on some free agent pickups next year as well as these kids develop otherwise we are looking at yet another rebuild in 2 years

Quote:I voted no because I dont think mixing his lack of Head Coach experience with a team of no experience had a real chance at success. I believe a real X and O guy can get more out of young players than a RAHRAH tony robbins coach.... I also think this team wont have a chance till there is a better mix of veterans and youth. Too much either way is bad. Not saying we should spend just to spend but having the most cap room and only one win is probably related. Im hoping we really hit on some free agent pickups next year as well as these kids develop otherwise we are looking at yet another rebuild in 2 years

Who should we've brought in that would've made this year better? I really can only think of 1 or 2 guys who could be part of the solution who we could get to come here.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 07:33 PM by the Chiefjag.)

One of the most intelligent posts to date. ^ Good job continuous.

Regards..........................the Chiefjag