Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Everyday this franchise employs Gus Bradley as HC, it's another wasted day.

Quote:How dare you use such logic in this snake pit. It's game day, we only complain and call for the management to be fired on game day.

Quote:That would be correct...Are we improving? Well let's see...The DL has more sacks this year than they have had in years, we no longer have revolving players at center, we have a real qb who can move the ball much better than any qb we have had since Garrard left, we have a promising RB in DR, our OL are all about the same age, so they should all come into their prime at about the same time and be a formidable force, we seem to have a couple of good recievers developing nicely, a coupld lbs or two are developing nicely...Seems to me that we are doing better than we were last year according to what I just laid out...Last year we couldn't be competitive against a team with a winning record and this year we actually beat one...The W/L ratio may not reflect getting better, but judging by what I laid out, we are in fact in a better place than we were last year

There are definitely points in which we are improving. I don't think there's any doubt- but a lot of what you just wrote is reflective of management drafting some great rookies this year. BB, AR, Linder, Bowanko, Telvin have all been bright spots to an extent. Most of our concern is with player development. Joekel, and Cyp were thought to improve this year, but so far- the the jury is still out on whether or not they have even regressed. That, to me, is on the coaches.

Today- that was on the coaches. Poor ST play again. Lack of awareness that even Jason Garrett sneered at during halftime (ie. single coverage on Dez). Cyp is still taking poor angles. More poor tackling on the randle run.

These are becoming themes- not single instances. That to me is on the coaches.

We are only 6 games away from the time we were sold that we would be competitive. But this team still reeks of immaturity.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: I AM going to have a hard time understanding how a 1-15, 2-14 team, is better then a 4-12 team.

I might need that one explained to me.
we have a qb that can move the ball better than any qb since Garrard left (that's an improvement from last year)

The DL has more scaks this year than they have had in years...(that's an improvement)

We settled on a Center who is developing nicely, rather than rotating players at the position (that's an improvement)

We seem to have a RB who is developing well (improvement)

We have a very young OL who are all about the same age so they will all come into their prime at the same to and become a formidable force(improvement)

A couple of LBs seem to be growing well (improvement)

a couple of the DBs seem to be developing (improvement)

We seem to have a few receivers who are doing well and should continue to grow (improvement)

If you can't grasp these things and I'm sure there are more, then I can't help you understand

Quote:. But this team still reeks of immaturity.

No kidding, the youngest team in the league playing half rookies is immature. Great observation.

Notice that the unit that has the most veterans is also the best? It's almost like players need time to develop.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:No kidding, the youngest team in the league playing half rookies is immature. Great observation.

Notice that the unit that has the most veterans is also the best? It's almost like players need time to develop.

Im not talking about the players. Im talking about the coaching decisions.

Quote:Im not talking about the players. Im talking about the coaching decisions.

I'm not sure how much you can coach Ace Sanders to not drop a freaking punt.

On the other side, the ST blocking was much better this week. Blame the coach for that or did the players develop better skills in 6 days?

Dez Bryant is an All Pro talent. It's not a surprise that he worked the kids, if he didn't it would be a surprise.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:ok then you must be one of those who believe the only way to see any improvement is by the W/L record
Kinda. If people keep saying this team is improving but they don't win.... Are they really improving then?

Man those Jags really improved from 4-12 to 3-13

Quote:There are definitely points in which we are improving. I don't think there's any doubt- but a lot of what you just wrote is reflective of management drafting some great rookies this year. BB, AR, Linder, Bowanko, Telvin have all been bright spots to an extent. Most of our concern is with player development. Joekel, and Cyp were thought to improve this year, but so far- the the jury is still out on whether or not they have even regressed. That, to me, is on the coaches.

Today- that was on the coaches. Poor ST play again. Lack of awareness that even Jason Garrett sneered at during halftime (ie. single coverage on Dez). Cyp is still taking poor angles. More poor tackling on the randle run.

These are becoming themes- not single instances. That to me is on the coaches.

We are only 6 games away from the time we were sold that we would be competitive. But this team still reeks of immaturity.
joekel and cyp have both spent time on the bench too...Joekel played very little last year so he missed a lot of on field experience...He may be in his second year, but as I said the majority of his rookie year was on the bench...didn't cyp go into the concussion program and miss some time too?

If what I wrote is reflective on management drafting, then it's certainly an improvement...

The ST play is a problem,

I screamed about tackling for a long time and you hear Gus say they are working on it but it's still [BLEEP]...

I am wondering if the few padded practices and lack of hitting in them is part of rookies tackling and blocking problems...veterans have nfl game experience, rookies do not...

Quote:The fact that Gus was able to squeeze 4 wins out of a gutted roster AND trotting out Gabbert and Henne as starting QBs might be a real testament of good a coach he really is.

Yes, that was actually very impressive what Gus did in the 2nd half of the season, especially after the Jags looked historically bad in the first half and looked like they might not win a single game.

Where the heck is that Gus right now?

Why have the Jags fallen back to looking like they might not win another game this season? Why, if they are even better this year then last year? Because the teams they are playing are better? Is that the reason?

We just got beat badly by a QB with a bad back.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Yes, that was actually very impressive what Gus did in the 2nd half of the season, especially after the Jags looked historically bad in the first half and looked like they might not win a single game.

Why have the Jags fallen back to looking like they might not win another game this season? Why, if they are even better this year then last year? Because the teams they are playing are better? Is that the reason?

Because half the guys on the field were in college last year?

Quote:Kinda. If people keep saying this team is improving but they don't win.... Are they really improving then?

Man those Jags really improved from 4-12 to 3-13
I have explained this in two posts in this very thread

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014, 08:09 PM by huttops.)

Quote:I'm not sure how much you can coach Ace Sanders to not drop a freaking punt.

On the other side, the ST blocking was much better this week. Blame the coach for that or did the players develop better skills in 6 days?

Dez Bryant is an All Pro talent. It's not a surprise that he worked the kids, if he didn't it would be a surprise.

Have you missed the past few games....ST debacles have been a theme- this isnt just a single instance. Its been a comedy of errors. 

If you want to be content with ok blocking- thats fine....all NFL teams stick rookies on ST, so there really isn't an excuse for it occuring with such frequency.

RE: Dez Bryant, thats exactly the point. You dont set him up in single coverage because of how explosive he is, especially when theres only 30 seconds on the clock! Even Jason Garrett was laughing about it at halftime.

This on the coaches.

Quote:Yes, that was actually very impressive what Gus did in the 2nd half of the season, especially after the Jags looked historically bad in the first half and looked like they might not win a single game.

The teams we are playing this year are also better than the teams we played last year in the second half of the season...we didn't beat anyone with a winning record last year did we? I can't remember

Still very inexperienced team and only playing more games together is gonna change that. Our opponents are probably a little better than last year, our own division as a whole is probably a little better this year. The fact that Beadles, Shorts, and Lewis being the only 3 players on offense who have more than 2 years in the league is going to be tough for any HC to overcome.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:we have a qb that can move the ball better than any qb since Garrard left (that's an improvement from last year)

The DL has more scaks this year than they have had in years...(that's an improvement)

We settled on a Center who is developing nicely, rather than rotating players at the position (that's an improvement)

We seem to have a RB who is developing well (improvement)

We have a very young OL who are all about the same age so they will all come into their prime at the same to and become a formidable force(improvement)

A couple of LBs seem to be growing well (improvement)

a couple of the DBs seem to be developing (improvement)

We seem to have a few receivers who are doing well and should continue to grow (improvement)

If you can't grasp these things and I'm sure there are more, then I can't help you understand

Basically, all you are saying is that this years 1-9 Jags team would beat last years 1-9 Jags team.

I would agree with that.

It looks like while the team might overall be better then last year, unfortunately, the coaching doesn't look better then last year. In fact, you could make a case that it's worse with better players.

That's what it looks like to me.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Have you missed the past few games....ST debacles have been a theme- this isnt just a single instance. Its been a comedy of errors. 

If you want to be content with ok blocking- thats fine....all NFL teams stick rookies on ST, so there really isn't an excuse for it occuring with such frequency.

RE: Dez Bryant, thats exactly the point. You dont set him up in single coverage because of how explosive he is, especially when theres only 30 seconds on the clock! Even Jason Garrett was laughing about it at halftime.

This on the coaches.
you should send your resume to Kahn...I'm sure he will consider your vast knowledge of football coaching over someone who has done it as a profession his whole life...

Quote:I have explained this in two posts in this very thread
Great?

It's a difference of opinions bud.

Quote: Basically, all you are saying is that this years 1-9 Jags team would beat last years 1-9 Jags team.

I would agree with that.

It looks like while the team might overall be better then last year, unfortunately, the coaching doesn't look better then last year. In fact, you could make a case that it's worse with better players.

That's what it looks like to me.
so let's see here...the team is better than last year, but it has nothing to do with the coaches...Gotcha :thanks:

Quote:you should send your resume to Kahn...I'm sure he will consider your vast knowledge of football coaching over someone who has done it as a profession his whole life...
Lol great comeback. Way to debate about the topic...

Its ok you'll get to debate class in middle school. (Two can play nasty)

Quote:Great?

It's a difference of opinions bud.
yup...I can see where improvement is being made and you believe improvement is only reflected in the w/l column...I get it...I can also understand your point as well

Quote:Lol great comeback. Way to debate about the topic...

Its ok you'll get to debate class in middle school. (Two can play nasty)
I'm not being nasty, you just said "you don't do" whatever it was as if you know more about coaching football than a career football coach