Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 11 Games Of Interest

Quote:Those 5 turnovers by the other QB certainly helped!

Notre Same ol overrated bum team every year.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kansas St better hold tight here.  Cant fall behind too much too early.  Dont have the offense to come back.

Quote:Auburn had waaaay to many costly errors. Two fumbles late, one in goal line looking to go up, at worst tie. A 10 point swing before half on that blocked FG. Wiw

Ugly performance by War Eagle

TCU is pulling away.  Anyone see the TD run by their QB...  Heisman moment?

Quote:TCU is pulling away.  Anyone see the TD run by their QB...  Heisman moment?

Possible.

Their schedule sets up pretty nice. They should plow through Iowa State and Kansas. Texas had a nice game today, has a sold defense and might be able to give them a ballgame.

Anyone watching' Spartans/Buckeyes?  Good game at the half  -  would like to see this Mich St D tighten it up. 

Big win for the Buckeyes.  Will be interesting to see how high up they climb in the committee's rankings.  Michigan St is currently 8th.  Have to Ohio St would at least make it to there.  

Great win for Alabama and for Blake Sims on that 4th quarter drive for the win.  I imagine with Auburn's loss, this will slide Bama into the 4th spot... unless of course TCU moves there.  Regardless sets up a huge matchup next week between Miss St and Alabama.  A Miss St win would basically clinch the SEC West for them.

Looking at the rankings... Miss St and FSU remain 1 and 2.  Oregon moves to 3(assuming they finish off Utah which isnt a given).  Alabama and TCU will be 4/5.. not sure the order.  Arizona St move to 6... maybe.  Baylor and Ohio St 7/8?  Does Ole Miss move back into top 10?  Does Auburn stay in the top 10?  Does Nebraska who is quietly 8-1 move into the top 10?   I wonder if Georgia will jump all the way back to the 10-13 range.  

Also looking at the remaining schedules... TCU should coast to 11-1.  Baylor really only has one tough test left and that is home against Kansas St... which I think they'll win.  If so they would also finish 11-1 and they would win the Big12.  

But TCU is ahead of Baylor in the committee's ranking... and if htey dont lose would they drop them?  If not would you still take TCU over Baylor even though Baylor won the head to head and won the conference?  Maybe take both depending on how other team's fall?

Quote:Also looking at the remaining schedules... TCU should coast to 11-1.  Baylor really only has one tough test left and that is home against Kansas St... which I think they'll win.  If so they would also finish 11-1 and they would win the Big12.  

But TCU is ahead of Baylor in the committee's ranking... and if htey dont lose would they drop them?  If not would you still take TCU over Baylor even though Baylor won the head to head and won the conference?  Maybe take both depending on how other team's fall?

TCU seems to have the easiest path right now among the one loss teams. They were six spots ahead of Baylor last week in the playoff poll. I think Baylor is being punished for not scheduling a power conference opponent. Their non-conference schedule was kind of a joke while TCU at least had what has ended up being a solid Minnesota team.

I think its safe to say at this point... 100%... 4 team playoff isn't enough. It needs to be 8.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

i definitely thought mich state was gonna beat ohio state. urban meyer is a really good coach. he knew exactly what parts of that team to pick on and he threw everything but the kitchen sink at them on offense. i dont know if its enough to get them to the top 4, but i think they should be in consideration.

Congrats JDub! I love to hate on Ohio State, but they earned a good win tonight

Quote:Congrats JDub! I love to hate on Ohio State, but they earned a good win tonight

its a good feeling when one of your 893 teams wins a big game.

Quote:i definitely thought mich state was gonna beat ohio state. urban meyer is a really good coach. he knew exactly what parts of that team to pick on and he threw everything but the kitchen sink at them on offense. i dont know if its enough to get them to the top 4, but i think they should be in consideration.

Meh. I've always liked Ohio State since I was a kid. Even though they beat Mich State last night (their offense looked really good btw), they'll choke another game along the way.

If they don't blow the Michigan rivalry game (they shouldn't, but you never know about that series),, they'll most likely lose the BIG 10 championship game to Nebraska/Minnesota/Wisconsin.

It's just how the Buckeyes roll this decade.

They are definitely not the powerful team they were through the 90's and very early 00's.

They'll choke their chance at a playoff spot.

Quote:Meh. I've always liked Ohio State since I was a kid. Even though they beat Mich State last night (their offense looked really good btw), they'll choke another game along the way.

If they don't blow the Michigan rivalry game (they shouldn't, but you never know about that series),, they'll most likely lose the BIG 10 championship game to Nebraska/Minnesota/Wisconsin.

It's just how the Buckeyes roll this decade.

They are definitely not the powerful team they were through the 90's and very early 00's.

They'll choke their chance at a playoff spot.

im sure thats true. i still dont think any teams are really on par with the cream of the crop of the SEC, but the country would lose their minds if the 4 team playoff is 3 or 4 SEC teams so i think the rankings will have influence based on variety.

I think the committee will have a hard time as well.  Could they really bypass a one loss Big12 champ or a one loss Pac12 champ or a one loss Big10 champ for a 2 loss SEC non-champ?  Even if they truly believe that 2 loss SEC team is better?  It's one thing to have 3 SEC teams in their first rankings which dont matter... it's another to do that in their final ranking.

Quote:I think the committee will have a hard time as well.  Could they really bypass a one loss Big12 champ or a one loss Pac12 champ or a one loss Big10 champ for a 2 loss SEC non-champ?  Even if they truly believe that 2 loss SEC team is better?  It's one thing to have 3 SEC teams in their first rankings which dont matter... it's another to do that in their final ranking.

No. They wouldn't.

Unless there is a major upset, FSU is in.

Oregon wins out, they are in.

TCU seems to have a clear path and a relatively mediocre final three games.

I think there is a chance that only one SEC team makes it.

The only thing that makes it tricky is if Alabama beat Miss St, Miss State beats Ole Miss, Bama beats Auburn and the SEC title game.