Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A look at other rebuilds

Quote:Other teams are improving and other teams are getting worse.

It's a heck of a lot better to be part of the improving half of the NFL than the getting worse.

If you arent winning, you arent getting better. I'm sorry, this is big boy football.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you arent winning, you arent getting better. I'm sorry, this is big boy football.
You can get better without winning. Being competitive late in games is a huge improvement over how we were playing in the beginning of the year and most of last year.

If you can't recognize that, then "big boy" football is a bit over your head.

Quote:Newsflash:  Other teams are improving as well.

I see this as somewhat of a misconception.  There is an arch to NFL player's careers.  It goes up and it goes down.  All NFL teams are not constantly improving to infinite greatness.   At any time they are either improving or regressing.  The general concept is with an equal level of competence from the front office, younger teams are improving while older teams are regressing, or they are at least younger teams improving at a faster rate.  This is a young team.  And this is an advantage the Jaguars have in the NFL right now.  They don't have the burdon of winning, just improving.  Successful teams have a burdon of winning, and have a hard time getting any better.  Their strategy is how can I at least stay good.  

Quote:If you arent winning, you arent getting better. I'm sorry, this is big boy football.

That's incredibly wrong. Look, I know you think you're more qualified than Bradley, but I think your knowledge of "big boy football" (makes you feel like a real man when you type that, doesn't it? C'mon, you can admit it) is probably just a little less than his.

I guess you don't actually watch the games. If you don't see improvement from last year/early this year to now, well, I bet your service dog does.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Wins and losses are literally all that matter in pro sports. If being worse than mediocre for almost a decade has brainwashed you into thinking differently I'm sorry.

Rex ryan is 10 times the coach gus bradley is, and he's gonna get the axe.

Quote:Wins and losses are literally all that matter in pro sports. If being worse than mediocre for almost a decade has brainwashed you into thinking differently I'm sorry.

Winning doesn't matter for this franchise. Only playing closely for 60 minutes then eventually losing counts as achievements. Either get with the program or be an outcast.

Gene Smith was the greatest!

At finding backups and special teamers.

Dave has found us starters, lets hope he finds pro bowlers and all pros.

OK...

Must be great to think so simply.

Quote:OK...

Maybe you're thinking too hard?

Quote:Gene Smith was the greatest!

At finding backups and special teamers.

Dave has found us starters, lets hope he finds pro bowlers and all pros.

Well so far he cant even find us special teamers....

Zing!

Quote:Well so far he cant even find us special teamers....

Zing!

Got a point there!

Quote:I dont think you realize how truly awful his 2 year resume will be if the season continues like this. A 2 or 3 win season would warrant termination.

And replace the entire front office with who exactly? Dave Caldwell is considered the best young GM in the league. Dumping him pretty much all but guarantees we will get someone who isn't as good. As for coaches, Rex Ryan is better than Gus due to experience, but the problem is that it would force an already decent, but improving defense to regress due to learning a brand new system.

The biggest problem with our fanbase is that we constantly want someone fired after one year. We have ran numerous QBs out of town partially because we still compare every QB to Mark Brunell (which is why Leftwich never had a chance with the fans in the first place - he was the guy that replaced a legend in Jax).

That crap has to stop with Bortles, NOW. Stop expecting him to put up amazing numbers 6 games into his rookie season. It's unrealistic and everyone outside this fanbase knows it. Hell, most people outside us blame the amount of starting rookies on offense. Granted, the talking heads don't always get it right, but in this case, it's rather obvious.

Cleaning house this quickly only promises one thing: that we will continue to lose with no end in sight.

Quote:Wins and losses are literally all that matter in pro sports. If being worse than mediocre for almost a decade has brainwashed you into thinking differently I'm sorry.

He's getting the axe because Idzik is basically Gene Smith redux. He's purposely getting pieces he knows Rex can't work with in order to remove him. New, or newer GMs normally want their own head coach, just like Gene did. Only difference is that Del Rio wasn't as good, so Gene wasn't really sniffed out until the draft. In this case, everyone pretty much knows Idzik is the reason the Jets suck, but Woody Johnson (the owner) isn't paying enough attention to really notice.

Quote:Of those 21 I'd say about 12 are fringe NFL talents at best:

1) Eben Britton (Bears Backup Guard, played 87 snaps this season)

2) Derek Cox (currently an unsigned free agent)

3) Zach Miller (Bears TE, played 26 preseason snaps before landing on IR)

4) Tiquan Underwood (currently an unsigned free agent)

5) D'Anthony Smith (On Seattle's practice squad)

6) Austen Lane (currently an unsigned free agent)

7) Deji Karim (released by clots with injury settlement)

8) Blaine Gabbert (backup QB in San Fransisco)

9) Will Rackley (currently on IR [concussion] for Ravens)

10) Chris Prosinkski (waived by Jaguars 9/24, signed by Eagles today)

11) Mike Harris (signed by Giants from Lions practice squad, zero snaps played)

12) Jeris Pendleton (currently on IR [knee] for clots)

5 are still on this team:

1) Justin Blackmon

2) Andre Branch

3) Bryan Anger

4) Cecil Shorts

5) Tyson Alualu

And 4 are contributing members of their team:

1) Eugene Monroe

2) Terrance Knighton

3) Brandon Marshall

4) Rashad Jennings
Lol this guy here. I mean talk about a way to twist the stats lol. Thank you for supplying the truth lol. 

Quote:Winning doesn't matter for this franchise. Only playing closely for 60 minutes then eventually losing counts as achievements. Either get with the program or be an outcast.
It's not that anyone is saying winning doesn't matter but their is constant progression that happens over time. The whole worst to first doesn't happen that often. And usually if you watch teams (I'm assuming you don't have much knowledge of other football teams) you would see that there is a gradual growth to get them were they are. We were constantly getting blown out. The fact that we are in game in the fourth quarter now is progression. Now I'm with you, they will have to start winning game at some point but for me to say I have not seen this progression would be a lie. 

We use to struggle to complete passes and get first downs. Now we can move the ball at an effective pace. We put up over 350-400 yards a game now. We are scoring more than 13.5 points a game. Defensively we are making strides. This doesn't happen over night and you are right there will not be some magical light switch that will just cut on next year. But what you will see is one of those knob light switches that as you turn it the light bulb gets brighter and brighter. They are improving and eventually it will turn into wins. Right now you are just witnessing the eureka moments some of these guys are having.  

Quote:OK...

Quote:Maybe you're thinking too hard?

Thinking is not something i thought this MB did alot of. :teehee:

The London Vikings has a nice ring to it.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:The London Vikings has a nice ring to it.
[Image: Uncouth-Norsemen.png]

Quote:I hate when people say "well, we are improving" and expect that to be enough.

Name a single person who fells this way.  A single one.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:[Image: Uncouth-Norsemen.png]

Is that mascot related to Buzz Killington?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon