Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trumpcare

Quote:That's pretty much what liberals do.

Quote:Source?
Reality

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Reality

You don't live in reality. Just make [BLEEP] up as you go.

Quote:And then you get cancer and have no coverage, what then? I was the picture of health for 40 years then one day I had a stomach ache that turned into 8 months of therapy for Lymphoma that totaled over $750,000. I'm well off, but that would've bankrupted me without my insurance. What do we do with me if I don't have insurance at that point?

It would cost 750,000 without insurance inflated cost.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:And then you get cancer and have no coverage, what then? I was the picture of health for 40 years then one day I had a stomach ache that turned into 8 months of therapy for Lymphoma that totaled over $750,000. I'm well off, but that would've bankrupted me without my insurance. What do we do with me if I don't have insurance at that point?
I am in year 3 of stage 4 Renal Cell Carcinoma. My costs have tripled yours to this point, and I am no further toward being cured than I was 2 years ago. I live the healthcare nightmare. I know how bad is has become. I have had 4 doctors quit because of the ACA. They flat out told me so. I drive to Gainesville, Orlando, and have flown to Atlanta, just to get to a doctor that would see me and had the specialty to deal with my cancer.

If I were not part of a very wealthy family, I would be in the ground by now. I have zero doubt about that.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Can someone verify?

Is that $9 trillion in new debt number I hear floated with repealing ACA accurate? If not what us the accurate number in new debt (and is it avoidable)?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I am in year 3 of stage 4 Renal Cell Carcinoma. My costs have tripled yours to this point, and I am no further toward being cured than I was 2 years ago. I live the healthcare nightmare. I know how bad is has become. I have had 4 doctors quit because of the ACA. They flat out told me so. I drive to Gainesville, Orlando, and have flown to Atlanta, just to get to a doctor that would see me and had the specialty to deal with my cancer.

If I were not part of a very wealthy family, I would be in the ground by now. I have zero doubt about that.
I am thankful your family is wealthy enough that you are still with us. 

Quote:I am in year 3 of stage 4 Renal Cell Carcinoma. My costs have tripled yours to this point, and I am no further toward being cured than I was 2 years ago. I live the healthcare nightmare. I know how bad is has become. I have had 4 doctors quit because of the ACA. They flat out told me so. I drive to Gainesville, Orlando, and have flown to Atlanta, just to get to a doctor that would see me and had the specialty to deal with my cancer.

There is no such thing as "cures". Medicine doesn't "cure" it treats. Maybe your doctors quit because they don't want to be sued for medical malpractice. I wouldn't operate on you if I were a surgeon with your type of cancer. And if I were a provider I definitely wouldn't take on your risk. 

Quote:There is no such thing as "cures". Medicine doesn't "cure" it treats. Maybe your doctors quit because they don't want to be sued for medical malpractice. I wouldn't operate on you if I were a surgeon with your type of cancer. And if I were a provider I definitely wouldn't take on your risk. 

I'm cured, you're an idiot.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

<div>Lisa Mirando‏@LisaMirandoCNN
</div>

#CNN/ORC: How should #Trump handle health law: 55% repeal w/replacement; 21% repeal even if no replacement ready; 22% abandon repeal plans

Overwhelming 76% want repeal.

Quote: 

<div>
<div>Lisa Mirando‏@LisaMirandoCNN
</div>

#CNN/ORC: How should #Trump handle health law: 55% repeal w/replacement; 21% repeal even if no replacement ready; 22% abandon repeal plans

Overwhelming 76% want repeal.

</div>

77% want something rather than nothing. 

Quote:There is no such thing as "cures". Medicine doesn't "cure" it treats. Maybe your doctors quit because they don't want to be sued for medical malpractice. I wouldn't operate on you if I were a surgeon with your type of cancer. And if I were a provider I definitely wouldn't take on your risk. 
... and here lies the innate problem with Obamacare. It mandates that the insurance companies and medical facilities do exactly that. It is the exact reason that folks costs increased so dramatically when the ACA was passed. Why have insurance before the crash when one can just purchase it after the damage is known?

Want to decrease the cost of healthcare in this country? Remove the litigiousness that surrounds the entire process of healthcare. It leads to enormous wastes of time, money and crucial resources that could be dedicated to healing vs. useless, unneeded testing and such in the name of the doctors/treatment centers covering their collective [BLEEP] due to the threat of lawsuit.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:... and here lies the innate problem with Obamacare. It mandates that the insurance companies and medical facilities do exactly that. It is the exact reason that folks costs increased so dramatically when the ACA was passed. Why have insurance before the crash when one can just purchase it after the damage is known?

Want to decrease the cost of healthcare in this country? Remove the litigiousness that surrounds the entire process of healthcare. It leads to enormous wastes of time, money and crucial resources that could be dedicated to healing vs. useless, unneeded testing and such in the name of the doctors/treatment centers covering their collective [BAD WORD REMOVED] due to the threat of lawsuit.

How again were you going to get insurance after you crash? It's only open during the open enrollment period.

Quote:How again were you going to get insurance after you crash? It's only open during the open enrollment period.

Nice no answer.

Quote:How again were you going to get insurance after you crash? It's only open during the open enrollment period.
Simple really. One goes along for years without insurance. When one suddenly needs medical care one goes to the emergency room and receives the required care as a person with insurance would. That person will be treated as an uninsured. In Jacksonville they would take you to Shands but will receive the necessary care. You are aware that the uninsured receive medical care correct? That person then continues with that level of care until the next enrollment then gets the insurance.

Doesn't help with check ups and normal doctors visits but would keep you alive more then likely

All I know is that post ACA my families health insurance costs increased by $380 a month and the coverage is worse. We are insured through BCBS of Fl. So as far as I am concerned it cannot go away quick enough. Government needs to stay the hell out of my healthcare options. Including Trump.

Quote:Simple really. One goes along for years without insurance. When one suddenly needs medical care one goes to the emergency room and receives the required care as a person with insurance would. That person will be treated as an uninsured. In Jacksonville they would take you to Shands but will receive the necessary care. You are aware that the uninsured receive medical care correct? That person then continues with that level of care until the next enrollment then gets the insurance.

Doesn't help with check ups and normal doctors visits but would keep you alive more then likely

All I know is that post ACA my families health insurance costs increased by $380 a month and the coverage is worse. We are insured through BCBS of Fl. So as far as I am concerned it cannot go away quick enough. Government needs to stay the hell out of my healthcare options. Including Trump.

So more access to affordable healthcare caused BCBS to raise your premiums.

Our Aetna Premiums didn't go up with the ACA.

What kind of policy do you have?

Quote:So more access to affordable healthcare caused BCBS to raise your premiums.

It's a 80/20 plan. I am self employed so bare the full costs of the policy. The deductibles increased $3000 and my network of doctors and facilities decreased.

I would not profess to know why BCBS raised the rates like they did. I would guess that they had to in order to make up for having to offer pre existing condition coverage and didn't see close to the younger generation enrolling in the program.

Quote:So more access to affordable healthcare caused BCBS to raise your premiums.

*conspiracy alert*

I would not be surprised to hear insurance companies raised rates on republicans in conjunction with the ACA coming online. They can just say "Thanks Obama, amirite??" and then upcharge the suckers.

Would not be surprised at all.

Quote:Simple really. One goes along for years without insurance. When one suddenly needs medical care one goes to the emergency room and receives the required care as a person with insurance would. That person will be treated as an uninsured. In Jacksonville they would take you to Shands but will receive the necessary care. You are aware that the uninsured receive medical care correct? That person then continues with that level of care until the next enrollment then gets the insurance.

Increased $380 a month? That's more than our private health insurance here.

How much is it a month?

Quote:Increased $380 a month? That's more than our private health insurance here.

How much is it a month?

Isn't it amazing what happens to prices when we hamper the market? 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Increased $380 a month? That's more than our private health insurance here.

How much is it a month?

My insurance costs have raised something like 80% per year since the ACA and now cover less.