Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Deadline quickly approaching

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 07:28 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Wait, watch and see. 
If they win one playoff game this season, as you say, i'd consider that wildly successful for that team.  They just beat the SB champs convincingly.  If the Jags were in their position, i'd be estatic.  I guess i'm not "smart".

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If they win one playoff game this season, as you say, i'd consider that wildly successful for that team.  They just beat the SB champs convincingly.  If the Jags were in their position, i'd be estatic.  I guess i'm not "smart".

If thats the high water mark of Garretts regime then that sucks. It would be like the Jags 2007 season. That type of season is fine when thats the precursor to a Championship season in short order, but as the stand alone high water mark??? That sucks. 

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 07:33 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:If thats the high water mark of Garretts regime then that sucks. It would be like the Jags 2007 season. That type of season is fine when thats the precursor to a Championship season in short order, but as the stand alone high water mark??? That sucks. 
So it's the expectations that suck. The majority of the teams don't get that far, and would consider it a successful season.  Its the team that gets hot at that time that wins the SB.  The players.  Not the coach.  Because the framework's in place.

Quote:Badly

Cool is this your new thing to repeat 12,000,000 times?

Ur so clevr

Quote:Cool is this your new thing to repeat 12,000,000 times?

Ur so clevr
upeepleRsoDumbIfUcantCbadlyIsAluzrUnnecessaryHashtag

That's what we're in for ad nauseam for the next year and a half.    until capt. knee-jerk gets suspended again. 

Is Lewis still on the team? Trade or cut him pls. Shorts should be shopped as well. He can't stay on the field long enough for me to like him.

Trade poz while the value is still there. He's good, but I think we could replace him with a young stud in next yrs draft.

Quote:Cool is this your new thing to repeat 12,000,000 times?

Ur so clevr

I bet he's the king of the one person high five

This is a silly thread. The Jags have no one with any trade value, excluding Caldwell's draft picks and maybe Marks.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Is Lewis still on the team? Trade or cut him pls. Shorts should be shopped as well. He can't stay on the field long enough for me to like him.
Quote:Trade poz while the value is still there. He's good, but I think we could replace him with a young stud in next yrs draft.
1. Marcedes Lewis is on IR and can't be traded. Even if he could be sent elsewhere, no one would trade for his contract.

2. No one's going to offer more in draft picks than Shorts is worth to this offense right now, even if Caldwell doesn't re-sign him. I'll take the fourth-round supplemental pick for his $37M contract over the sixth-round pick Cleveland's offering any day.

3. Poz is a 30-year-old two-down linebacker who times his 40 with a sun dial and gets paid $9.5 million this year. He has less trade value than a ham sandwich.

Quote:1. Marcedes Lewis is on IR and can't be traded. Even if he could be sent elsewhere, no one would trade for his contract.

2. No one's going to offer more in draft picks than Shorts is worth to this offense right now, even if Caldwell doesn't re-sign him. I'll take the fourth-round supplemental pick for his $37M contract over the sixth-round pick Cleveland's offering any day.

3. Poz is a 30-year-old two-down linebacker who times his 40 with a sun dial and gets paid $9.5 million this year. He has less trade value than a ham sandwich.

Nice to see some common sense on this forum.  

We have no one who is trade-worthy.  Get over it. 

Quote:Nice to see some common sense on this forum.  

Might be true. Wallbash  :thanks: Gene.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:This is a silly thread. The Jags have no one with any trade value, excluding Caldwell's draft picks and maybe Marks.

Feel free to answer the 2nd part of the question in the OP.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Nice to see some common sense on this forum.  

Correction, we have no one that is tradeworthy who we shouldn't want to keep.  That said, I don't know if any of our players would get any decent draft picks except for Bortles.

One of these years.............

Quote:Correction, we have no one that is tradeworthy who we shouldn't want to keep.

Nice correction! Truth. 

Caldwell has done a really nice job increasing the talent on this team. 

I do wish we could get $70 and a bacon double cheeseburger combo for Lewis.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Harvin to NYJ.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Harvin to NYJ.
For a conditional 2nd-4th.

If they end up giving a 4th for Harvin that's not bad but a 2nd would be terrible.

The fantasy GM's and the Madden players a furiously running to their computers/game consoles.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The fantasy GM's and the Madden players a furiously running to their computers/game consoles.
I can still get a second-round pick for Lewis in Madden. The fact that Caldwell hasn't yet just proves how incompetent he is. :p