Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
..and Mexico is gonna pay for it.

Quote:"Mexico is going to pay for it" isn't the same thing as "we will pay and then Mexico will reimburse us". Which lie is the real lie and which one are you ok with?

If the wall gets built, I'm okay with it, and if the wall doesn't get built, I'm okay with that too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If the wall gets built, I'm okay with it, and if the wall doesn't get built, I'm okay with that too.
you don't care that he lied. Cool.

Quote:you don't care that he lied. Cool.

It only becomes a lie if/when it doesn't happen. He's not even in office yet...do you expect him to start working on it right now?

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 04:04 AM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:It only becomes a lie if/when it doesn't happen. He's not even in office yet...do you expect him to start working on it right now?
Mexico is going to pay for it and we will send Mexico a bill for a thing we paid for that they didn't order nor will they pay for. One of those things is a lie. Don't play the idiot Bunnie, it doesn't suit you.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 04:44 AM by KYjaggy.)

I'm not going to debate the merits of the wall, but the cost of it and who would be paying it shouldn't really be the issue. 

The federal government spent 3.8 trillion dollars last year. A wall that is 10-20 billion estimated would be about one half of one percent. If it's a priority, it's affordable.

Bernie rants about the cost if it all the time, but his own free college estimate (which was universally criticized as way underestimated) was 75 billion a year. Awfully hypocritical to say we don't have the money for a one time wall investment when he wants to spend a massive amount more annually, not to mention his massively expensive single payer healthcare and environmental projects. 

It's not about the money, that's just the ideological weapon. Don't formulate your opinion on whether or not the wall should happen based on the cost. 

Quote:Mexico is going to pay for it and we will send Mexico a bill for a thing we paid for that they didn't order nor will they pay for. One of those things is a lie. Don't play the idiot Bunnie, it doesn't suit you.

Mexico says they won't pay, Trump say he has a plan to force them to pay. Like I said, not without a fight.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-would-seek-to-block-money-transfers-to-force-mexico-to-fund-border-wall/2016/04/05/c0196314-fa7c-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html?utm_term=.8d78a62dcfba'>https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-would-seek-to-block-money-transfers-to-force-mexico-to-fund-border-wall/2016/04/05/c0196314-fa7c-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html?utm_term=.8d78a62dcfba</a>

Quote:Donald Trump says he would force Mexico to pay for a border wall as president by threatening to cut off the flow of billions of dollars in payments that immigrants send home to the country, an idea that could decimate the Mexican economy and set up an unprecedented showdown between the United States and a key regional ally.

And I'll chalk up your attempt to be insulting to the lateness of the hour. I know you're better than that.

Quote:And I'll chalk up your attempt to be insulting to the lateness of the hour. I know you're better than that.

He insulted me too. Maybe that was the reason. He used to be a reasonable poster here.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I wouldn't compare healthcare, it's not going to look good. I mean you guys are ranting and raving about it yourselves. You pay way more for way less.

Plus I've seen plenty of tack fans.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/britains-heal...21224.html

Looks like Mexico IS paying for the wall.

Panic en Mexico: Trump Taking Our Jobs!

Quote:Looks like Mexico IS paying for the wall.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/01/04/panic-en-mexico-trump-taking-our-jobs'>Panic en Mexico: Trump Taking Our Jobs!</a>

How exactly does the pay for another Bridge to Nowhere?

More useless spending!!!

Quote:Looks like Mexico IS paying for the wall.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/01/04/panic-en-mexico-trump-taking-our-jobs'>Panic en Mexico: Trump Taking Our Jobs!</a>

How does less jobs in Mexico make illegal immigration less likely here? The height of illegal immigration here came at a time when jobs were scarce there. You really believe a wall is gonna stop them from coming over?
Only a chump boos the home team!

[Image: 26a6b201b2a4764968baf9fb8440991676687d58...5b7fa0.jpg]

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Tomayto, Tomahto

If it goes according to his plan, the expense will be covered by the difference between the US $s that made its way to Mexico pre-trump, and the $s that will remain in the US after re-patriating jobs from Mex and US friendlier trade w/ mex....  I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that's what he meant by "Mexico will pay for the wall".  But [BLEEP] do I know, I'm just a schmuck posting on a MB.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Quote:How does less jobs in Mexico make illegal immigration less likely here? The height of illegal immigration here came at a time when jobs were scarce there. You really believe a wall is gonna stop them from coming over?

That and tripling the number ICE agents and border patrol. You mad, hombre?

Quote:Tomayto, Tomahto

If it goes according to his plan, the expense will be covered by the difference between the US $s that made its way to Mexico pre-trump, and the $s that will remain in the US after re-patriating jobs from Mex and US friendlier trade w/ mex.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that's what he meant by "Mexico will pay for the wall". But [BAD WORD REMOVED] do I know, I'm just a schmuck posting on a MB.

Its actually exactly what he meant, and said so at nearly every rally. Only libturds fall for fake NYT headlines.

Isn't it odd that some Americans seem upset about jobs coming back here from Mexico?

Quote:That and tripling the number ICE agents and border patrol. You mad, hombre?

The cartels have really struggled with their hundreds of tunnels. I'm not mad. I just find it to be a colossal waste of money for something that won't work. But hey.. when has he ever made a bad investment with other people's money?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:The cartels have really struggled with their hundreds of tunnels. I'm not mad. I just find it to be a colossal waste of money for something that won't work. But hey.. when has he ever made a bad investment with other people's money?

Tunnels take a long time to dig and are easy to find and destroy. It's the unwillingness of the current administration to fight the illegal trafficking that allows this to succeed.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

The savings on entitlements for illegal aliens alone will pay off the wall alone.

Once it's paid off, the savings, minus wall maintenance, is pure gravy. 

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Surely a wall will need a lot of patrolling anyway to be effective?

Also how do recent illegal immigrants get welfare? Surely that flags them as illegal?