Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which coachspeak/teamspeak explanation of when Bortles will start did you like the best?
When Bortles is ready
When Bortles gives us the best chance to win (Paraphrased from Henne gives us the best chance to win)
When the pieces are in place around him (Mostly from fans, occasionally from Oehser)
When the O-Line gels (Mostly from media)
We want to let him sit all year and just learn
Blank #2
[Show Results]

Favorite explanation for when Bortles will start

The stare down

Quote:Lets not forget the stare down your receiver special. That could be classified as the bat down rebounder, but it is actually a different play.

Playbook is complicated.

The stare down your receiver special is usually followed by the bat down rebounder, He should throw one more in there and go for the hat trick...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The stare down

The stare down your receiver special is usually followed by the bat down rebounder, He should throw one more in there and go for the hat trick...

Well, hypothetically, the stare down, bat down rebounder could be followed by a pick 6. That is a heck of a hat trick Chad Henne is certainly capable of on his best day.

Quote:When Henne throws a pass that hits Gus in the head.
I spit up my water when i read this. lolol.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 12:29 AM by temporaryname.)

Quote:Well, hypothetically, the stare down, bat down rebounder could be followed by a pick 6. That is a heck of a hat trick Chad Henne is certainly capable of on his best day.
He certainly could.. And though it could happen to any QB, I think Henne's odds would be higher.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:So many quarterback coaches posting here.

I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day. Now, time to get back to your Pee Wee League warriors. That eight year old needs your help.

LOL! I had to take a double take at your posts under your user name for such an idiotic response! If the remaining 2k responses from you are just as good, please let me know. I'd gladly read them for incredible laughs! 

Seriously though, if we had a good QB starting ahead of Bortles that was doing decent, then it's understandable. This is honestly worse than the situation in the past where we had Leftwich starting with Garrard waiting. Plus Bortles has much better targets than Garrard EVER had. 

Adam2012, you're hilarious man... we need trolls like you around here bro Smile

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:I don't blame Chad; he's obviously trying to the best of his ability.  I do however, blame the guys who make the decision to play him.

Are these the same guys who started BG out there game after game after game and would have kept trotting him out there except for the fact that he got hurt?

When we look back at that decision, it turns out that it WAS the wrong decision.

I know the coaches see everything that goes on at practices and behind the scenes that us regular fans aren't privy to, but it doesn't mean the coaches are ALWAYS right in their decisions.

I know it might be unprecedented here in Jax, but why not put in a Bortles package for a few plays and see what he can do? This will let BB play some snaps in a regular season game so he can see what it's like and it will let the coaches see what kind of real progress he is making with his new footwork and all the other things they have been working with him on. It will give them real game film to watch and evaluate him against a regular season defense.

He can tell the coaches what he saw out there and why he threw it where he did or changed it to another play.

If he plays bad while in there, well, it was only for a few plays and they can all look at the tape and learn from it. And we can all see that he's not ready yet.

If he plays great, that's a very good thing b/c it means he's progressing and learning to be the QB they want him to be.

After the Bortles package is over, they can bring Henne ( I know, I know, believe me I know) back into the game to do whatever Henne is going to do.

This way, they are still committed to Henne as the current starter until BB is ready AND they get to see just how far along BB is at the current time.

I know Henne can have a hot stretch during a game, so definitely DON'T do it during one of those, but don't worry, he will eventually go back to Henneville and you can put the BB package in during that time.

I know the team wants to avoid a QB controversy, but unless CH suddenly becomes a more consistent QB who's able to move the team and convert crucial 3rd downs, there is going to be a QB controversy in the mind of many.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

DRAFTING Gabbert was the wrong decision, not playing him.

Quote:DRAFTING Gabbert was the wrong decision, not playing him.

Well then it was just one bad decision followed by another bad decision from regime bad decision.

Quote:Blank #2, being "he isn't ready yet; but at the same time, he's the back-up QB and will therefore be magically ready the moment Henne gets injured."
QUIET!  No one is supposed to know about that flaw in the logic.

What if Henne gets a season-ending injury.  Do we scrounge around for a quick replacement because Bortles isn't "ready"?

"Hello"

"Gene, this is Dave.  Say, you don't happen to have Todd Bouman's phone number, do you?"

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:QUIET!  No one is supposed to know about that flaw in the logic.

What if Henne gets a season-ending injury.  Do we scrounge around for a quick replacement because Bortles isn't "ready"?

"Hello"

"Gene, this is Dave.  Say, you don't happen to have Todd Bouman's phone number, do you?"

Wouldn't be necessary to call Todd Bouman.  We've got MURRICA.  Besides, I'm pretty sure Khan hasn't removed the Tractor Symbol just yet.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

From an article published yesterday on Bortles' development.  (Hays Carlyon - T.U. )

Quote:<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Gus Bradley said Friday that Bortles’ attitude is “great, tremendous.” He’s also seeing positive signs in practice.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“I go back to that individual period that has been really helpful to him,” Bradley said. “He just had another one today. I think those periods and going against the defense to see the different looks. The challenge is sometimes we’re telling him where to look to go with the ball. Maybe he doesn’t follow his progression but his footwork, his throws and things like that he’s doing a nice job.”

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Bortles’ job in practice is to give the defense a good sense of what the opponent is going to throw at them.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“The gears shifted once the season started,” Bortles said. “Chad started taking the majority of the reps, so I have to service the defense and try and get better doing that. Give them a look while trying work on things.”

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Bortles watched as the Jaguars lost 34-17 at Philadelphia on Sunday, but said the experience was valuable.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“It was cool to sit there and watch,” Bortles said. “The big thing for me is I wanted to be into it. I wanted to get the call, go through things at the line of scrimmage. I felt like I did that for the most part. … It was definitely different [the game speed] than a preseason game. That was visible from the sidelines.”

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Bortles said he’s also seen the intensity elevate in meetings.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“Everything is magnified more than it was in the preseason,” Bortles said. “It’s cool to listen and be a part of those conversations. When meetings break, me and Chad go watch film together and I try to pick his brain as much as possible.”

Nooooooo...dont pick his brain Blake.

UCF can't buy a win just after a year of winning a BCS bowl game. Blake Bortles is not walking thru that door down here to help em. Instead he's sitting on a bench backing up a backup. The man has it and as soon as he gets out there on the field the franchise will turn around.

Quote:Nooooooo...dont pick his brain Blake.

Pick his nose, butt , anything but his brain

Picking Chad Henne's brain for QB knowledge lol. Blake might be better off picking my brain lol.

He'll start the week before the trip west or the week after, so week 3 or 5

Quote:Nooooooo...dont pick his brain Blake.
LOL.  Seriously, I think Henne's problem is as much physical as mental.  He knows where to throw the ball,  but his arm just serves up a wild pitch.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Daryl Smith is doing his best to prove how bad the "trust the staff" arguement is.

I believe the term "slim pickins" applies here.

I think Henne starts unless he gets hurt, and then we will see bortles this year. Otherwise I say the team stands by their plan, and Bortles starts next season.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.