Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any Cyprien news?

Quote:On that play, Cyp had an INT.  He went up and ripped the ball away and had it in both hands when his head hit the ground. 

For some reason I can't remember Cyprien ever holding the football with both hands. He was not holding the ball when his head hit the ground.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:For some reason I can't remember Cyprien ever holding the football with both hands. He was not holding the ball when his head hit the ground.

yes he was.....he landed and it rolled out.

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote:Yes he was.....he landed and it rolled out.

I bet if Cyprien did not hit the ground like that he would not have lost the ball.

JW, you gotta pay a little more attention to things

Cyp needs to take his time.  I don't want to read/hear about him like John Abraham.

Huh

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 07:47 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:Well the coach for Green Bay says it's a good chance Lacy plays and he had a concussion last week. But this is the Jaguars so they'll sit him and get torched down the field by a RGIII who's looked like crap.

Based off your posts, you seem to be an expert on head injuries.

Quote:Well the coach for Green Bay says it's a good chance Lacy plays and he had a concussion last week. But this is the Jaguars so they'll sit him and get torched down the field by a RGIII who's looked like crap.

Yeah. To hell with his health. Stick him in there.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 08:37 AM by P. Haze.)

Quote:Yeah. To hell with his health. Stick him in there.
Pretty much if he wants to play. He's a grown [BLEEP] man who can make decisions for himself.

Quote:Based off your posts, you seem to be an expert on head injuries.
Dont see how you got that from what I said but maybe, maybe not that I am an expert.

Quote:Pretty much if he wants to play. He's a grown [BAD WORD REMOVED] man who can make decisions for himself.
Yeah. Screw responsibility. Stick him in there.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Dont see how you got that from what I said but maybe, maybe not that I am an expert.

*reads sentence*

Yup, you're an expert.

what really sucks about the play is that he could have had that INT, and it would have been an incredible one too, he literally ripped the ball away from the receiver in mid-air. It wasn't one of those the QB throws it right at you INTs, he would have earned that one. And it could have kicked off a potential probowl campaign.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Safety Johnathan Cyprien (concussion) did not practice but was able to watch the session outside. That might indicate his symptoms aren’t strong, as sunlight can be difficult to withstand when a person has a concussion.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Bradley said the Jaguars would likely know Cyprien’s status for Sunday’s game at Washington on Friday.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“The way I understand it, he goes through the protocol and we’ll know definitely on Friday,” Bradley said.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Bradley stated Cyprien would play if he was able to participate in Friday’s practice. He also believes the protocol is thorough enough that if Cyprien is cleared Friday morning, he’ll be in the lineup against the Redskins.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...t-practice

I hope he's ok and they don't rush him. Concussions are like those dog-gon hammies; they keep showing their ugly faces. And his position could bring a higher percentage of hit recurring.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote: 

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Safety Johnathan Cyprien (concussion) did not practice but was able to watch the session outside. That might indicate his symptoms aren’t strong, as sunlight can be difficult to withstand when a person has a concussion.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Bradley said the Jaguars would likely know Cyprien’s status for Sunday’s game at Washington on Friday.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“The way I understand it, he goes through the protocol and we’ll know definitely on Friday,” Bradley said.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Bradley stated Cyprien would play if he was able to participate in Friday’s practice. He also believes the protocol is thorough enough that if Cyprien is cleared Friday morning, he’ll be in the lineup against the Redskins.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);"> 

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...t-practice

I spoke to someone in the organization this morning who has talked to Cyprien in the last 24 hours.  It's highly unlikely he plays this weekend. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 02:03 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

I'm guessing here. But I think he sits out Sunday but is back next week.

Oesher just stated he's not practicing today.  Looks like he'll be out.

Quote:Oesher just stated he's not practicing today. Looks like he'll be out.

Shorts didn't practice either. Count him out as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I hope they let him sit out, concussions are no joke. Plus they make it easier for subsequent ones if not allowed to heal fully.   not like we are gonna win the superbowl anyway this year.  I keep hearing.

Quote:I hope they let him sit out, concussions are no joke. Plus they make it easier for subsequent ones if not allowed to heal fully.   not like we are gonna win the superbowl anyway this year.  I keep hearing.
Even if we had the best team in the league, you're right that concussions are serious.  There would never be a legitimate reason to rush him back.