Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to move on, Washington's up next

Quote:Here is my most unbiased assessment of the Redskins as possible.

Our strength is our defense.  We may have the best defense in our division this year.  The Eagles defense is not very good.  The Redskins have a strong front 7 and have upgraded the backfield which was a weakness.  They held the Texans to 10 offensive points.

Offensively, there are still some questions.  The strength continues to be the ground game with Alfred Morris and Roy Helu as evident against the Texans.  Everyone wants to talk about RG3.  The offensive line is weakest at the right side.

Against the Texans, he was better than he was bad.  He wasn't dynamic though.  However, Gruden said before the game they were just looking for him to play smart and effecient - he did just that.  They called mostly short quick plays to avoid the aggressive Texans pass rush.  He was very accurate even with the limited deep balls he threw.  His negatives were he held on the ball too long and took too many sacks for losses.  He could have made some better reads as he missed some open receivers and still needs to move in the pocket better and get a feel for the rush.  But as Greg Cosell stated, by them trying to make him into a pocket passer, it is as if though he is a rookie again.  This time he is learning new concepts and even fundamentals.  Its going to take time.  But from all accounts, he has made big strides but still has a ways to go.

The Redskins shot themselves in the foot too many times to count yesterday including two fumbles in the redzone, a block punt, and a blocked PAT to name a few.  The Redskins, despite a very good Texans defense, were able to move the ball well.  Defensively, they made the Texans offense non-existant.  The one TD pass came on blown coverage.

I think the Redskins will win this game decidedly.
Hey there friend....good to see you traveled over here from the Texan's board...guess I'll join you.  Also, I agree with your assessment here.  Hopefully the win will ring true as well....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I really don't see a win here. Washington has alot of talent on D and will probably hold us under 20. They managed to hold Houston to 17, and Fitz is easily a better QB than Henne.

With Cyp likely out and Prosinski in the game, chances are we will see another blown coverage or 2 and Washington has the playmakers to capitalize.

There is literally no phase of the game where our side has the advantage, besides maybe our D Line. Plus, did I mention we have Henne?

28-6 Washington.
Dude,

As a die-hard Skins fan, I can assure you..even games we should dominate, we find a way to make it close or lose lol..

But hey, I hope your prediction is correct!

Quote:Very winnable.  Only scored 6 points?!?  Griffin isn't the same QB since being injured.  Not to mention, he's being forced out of his strengths in that offense.  He isn't playing well right now, and probably a good time to face them before they fix their issues.

Hard to argue with your assessment here.  But I wouldn't go so far as to say they are forcing him out of his strengths.  Until he learns to make smarter decisions and protect himself and the ball better, they have to be a little more conservative.  He did what was asked of him Sunday.  The Texans had a defensive game plan to play soft coverage (the only way they could keep from getting their slower DBs from getting beat deep routinely by the Skins' speedy receivers)  They wanted make the Redskins earn their way down the field betting that eventually we'd self destruct.  Which we did exactly that over and over again in the redzone (two fumbles inside the 10 yd line).  But as for RG3 he took what was given completing 29 of 37 passes (mostly short hitches and screens).  

You guys definitely have a chance here the way the Skins have consistently shot themselves in the foot.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 08:22 AM by Solid Snake.)

Coaches said...Gabbert is better than Henne

Gabbert > Henne

Bortles > Gabbert

but according to coaches

Henne > Bortles

and paradoxically

Henne > Gabbert

Henne is best Jaguars QB since David Garrard.

Amazing win coming up!   :whistling:

If the defense plays well and the running game gets it together, Henne might not cost us the game.

But, in seriousness. Our defense looked like another animal the first half of the eagles game. Cyp's uncertainty may prove to be a chink in the D's armor, but the front four could still do enough to win us this game.

No one is safe.

17-7

Skins

Quote:Sometimes you guys act like a bunch of browns fans.
[Image: 090714-NFL-Steelers-Antonio-Brown-PI-CH-...dium.0.jpg]

It could be worse, I guess!

One of these years.............

Aside from the matchups this weekend, playing back to back road games in the NFL is historically difficult. 

Quote:[Image: 090714-NFL-Steelers-Antonio-Brown-PI-CH-...dium.0.jpg]

Could somebody photo shop Johnny Swan in there getting FOOT faced?

That would be epic.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I was waiting for him to do a Hulk Hogan "Leg Drop" on him after the "Big Boot"..

Whatcha gonna do... when Hulkamania run wild on you Brother!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Whose gonna be there? Are there any sections where groups from this board will be?

Jags play in dc once eery 8 years. This is a big day for me.

Quote:Whose gonna be there? Are there any sections where groups from this board will be?

Jags play in dc once eery 8 years. This is a big day for me.
http://boldcitybrigade.com/away-trip/

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

That may be the best thing I have ever seen non Jaguar related in the NFL.  

I honestly believe that we need to mix it up and spice up the playbook a little more for the next game. Keep the game out of the hands of Henne.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote: Plus, did I mention we have Henne?

Best......line......EVER!!!

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://boldcitybrigade.com/away-trip/'>http://boldcitybrigade.com/away-trip/</a>

Thanks

But these die hards sit in the nosebleeds? After an 11 hr busride and a hotel nowhere near the stadium?

Maybe ill try n find the tailgate. Im sitting 123

Quote:Can't we dwell on the exquisite disappointment of the Eagles game for just a few days more?
Absolutely not!  At 0-1 it's time to start talking about the draft and who w're tanking for.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Do you realize what you wrote?

"I hope I'm wrong" and "I just don't see the Skins as a team that will blow us out" together mean you do want the Redskins to blow out the Jaguars - exactly what a Redskins fan would say.
Geez JDub, first you nail me on my grammatical error, then call me a skins fan!?!  Way to twist the knife, brutal!

Quote:Absolutely not!  At 0-1 it's time to start talking about the draft and who w're tanking for.
Lol, exactly!  Time to start a thread with a clever ryhme.  Looking Burley for Gurley?  Well, he won't go #1 so, help me out.

[Image: RG3-wheelchair-logo.jpg]