Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What QB would you like to see start week 2?
Blake Bortles
Chad Henne
[Show Results]

Which QB should start week 2?

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 07:49 AM by p_rushing.)

For everyone afraid to start him because he might get broke and be like Gabbert, well it is better to find that out now instead of waste more years hoping Gabbert would get better.

Start him now and find out what you have and if he is the guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Fisch

Caldwell

.. That's all I got...
Have any facts to backup Fisch is in agreement.

Quote:If we're waiting until our O-line become solid, we might be waiting until his third year to start him.  
I didn't think the O-line was that terrible on pass protection,on many plays there was time to throw the ball not a lot but enough to move the offense in the second half. Now run blocking was a different story.

My sister's hairdressers cousin has a friend who said that Dave Caldwell is watching this poll very closely so be careful how you vote. Your vote counts.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 08:09 AM by David4499.)

Henne had a good day.... for Henne.

Based on his past performances... he played well....

I don't think Bortles will make much of a difference if we can't stop the run and keep getting burned on play action passes.

The safeties got exposed and the suspect linebacking corp that I mentioned last week proved me right again. The middle of the field was wide open yesterday.

Washington will certainly be a challenge next week.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:For everyone afraid to start him because he might get broke and be like Gabbert, well it is better to find that out now instead of waste more years hoping Gabbert would get better.

Start him now and find out what you have and if he is the guy.
I think preseason eliminated any fear of Blake being the next Gabbert. In my opinion he played better under pressure then Henne. He constantly looked down field for receivers pressure or not. He has the ability to roll out and throw effectively on the run, what else dose he he have to do to show he is ready to play with the big boys. Gus is trying to justify a bad decision  made before Blake ever played a down in practice and it is coming back to bite him you know where. To call for GUS is job is just stupid and would set this team back two or more years.   

Quote:Henne had a good day.... for Henne.

I don't think Bortles will make much of a difference if we can't stop the run and keep getting burned on play action passes.

The safeties got exposed and the suspect linebacking corp that I mentioned last week proved me right again. The middle of the field was wide open yesterday.

Fourth and one no pressure and your tight end is wide open for the first down and your quarterback can't make the throw that's the difference I see. 

Dennisp3 has a great point, but you have to also blame a wide open TE M. Lewis for not making that catch too...

The announcers said that the sun could have gotten in Lewis eyes during that fourth and one play. 

Formerly known as The Real Joker

Quote:I vote for corn

The corn you notice after you've dropped a load...

Another start Bortles...after one game.....after one ( second ) half actually.

But hey... I bet Gus reads this a follows MB coaches advice.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Henne had a good day.... for Henne.

Agreed. The second half melt down all being blamed on Henne is insane.

Redskins however, ain't the Eagles. We could pull one out there....fingers crossed Cyprien is ok.
Blakes Life Matters

I dont think Henne played bad enough to lose his start, so stick with Henne for week 2

Super excited to see Bortles out there soon

I turned in 95 from a Skin to a Jag and Im sick of the Roger Goodell / family fun zone junk.

[Image: jagsfandancing.gif]

I like Bortles

[Image: i_like_turtles_400x300.jpg]

Quote: 

Well, if you don't get it now, you probably never will.

Quick summary: when Bortles starts is to do with when Bortles (and to some extent his surrounding cast) is ready, not how good (or otherwise) Henne is.

Sitting through yesterday's game has nothing to do with it; the Henne of yesterday is the same Henne of last year. We know he's inconsistent. We know he can snatch defeat from the slavering jaws of victory. There's no need for a kneejerk reaction to discovering that Henne is who we alerady knew Henne was.

It's not kneejerk. Henne should not have been starting anyway.

Quote:Dennisp3 has a great point, but you have to also blame a wide open TE M. Lewis for not making that catch too...

Are you talking about on the fourth down. That was an awful throw.

It was but still the 2nd highest paid TE in the league shouldve caught it... he droped a couple in that game....

Quote:It was but still the 2nd highest paid TE in the league shouldve caught it... he droped a couple in that game....

not that throw.  that was way too high for a guy who is 6'6"

the drops that hurt the most were Hurns (fumble/drop) and Lee dropping the ball over his shoulder.

Quote:It was but still the 2nd highest paid TE in the league shouldve caught it... he droped a couple in that game....

Being the 2nd highest paid TE in the league should give him Go-Go Gadget arms or something?

I think henne gets a 'quad injury' this week and they 'have to' play Bortles.

Bortles, but they'll start Henne again. Henne showed in game one that he is still somewhere on the scale between sux and approaching marginal if you squint hard while watching him play.