Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What makes Chad Henne so terrible?

To be fair neither of his TDs were good throws. The second was way off target

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:To be fair neither of his TDs were good throws. The second was way off target

Love it. Now his positive plays are negatives.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Love it. Now his positive plays are negatives.

May want to watch again Hurns made a great adjustment on the ball on both plays. Particularly the second. Sure he gets credit for dfinding the guy but they weren't good throws

Quote:How about you find a new team to cheer for.

Again, you pretty much suck as a fan.

You're the one jinxing us and I suck as a fan? Moron.

Quote:If by apologist you mean I see what's actually happening on the field, guilty.

Clue us in in this mystery.

Quote:Clue us in in this mystery.

Try opening your eyes.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 05:01 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Try opening your eyes.

My eyes are already open, you're the one still walking around with blinders.

TL;DR

What makes him so terrible?

He's starting.

Air.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I for one am glad we have Henne over Gabby.

That was a tough assignment for the veteran, standing in there with who the heck knows what's gonna happen with the front line. Capitalizing on the turnovers, while not getting picked (or even close if memory serves). First game of the season is no easy task. He did his job, couple things go a different way, and it would be a totally different conversation. He's a great teammate, hard worker, prepared, cautious - gonna be an excellent long-term 2.

I bashed the crap out of Gabby's play cause he just didn't have it, and soooo many around here just wouldn't accept it for too long. If Bortles gets his bell rung as a starter, Henne has what it takes to win the game. I just don't think he has the makeup to be lead dog. I DO think he is a better than average backup, maybe even in the top ten in that category.

Quote:I for one am glad we have Henne over Gabby.

That was a tough assignment for the veteran, standing in there with who the heck knows what's gonna happen with the front line. Capitalizing on the turnovers, while not getting picked (or even close if memory serves). First game of the season is no easy task. He did his job, couple things go a different way, and it would be a totally different conversation. He's a great teammate, hard worker, prepared, cautious - gonna be an excellent long-term 2.

I bashed the crap out of Gabby's play cause he just didn't have it, and soooo many around here just wouldn't accept it for too long. If Bortles gets his bell rung as a starter, Henne has what it takes to win the game. I just don't think he has the makeup to be lead dog. I DO think he is a better than average backup, maybe even in the top ten in that category.

So after 6 years as a QB in the league, you don't think Henne has the makeup to be a lead dog? Just give him 10 more years. He will prove you wrong. 

Quote:So after 6 years as a QB in the league, you don't think Henne has the makeup to be a lead dog? Just give him 10 more years. He will prove you wrong. 
Alex Smith

Quote:Alex Smith

Awesome. If you can convince another GM of that, you yourself have a future in being a GM.

Quote:Alex Smith

Alex Smith sucks, especially if the pieces around him aren't elite. Please stop using him as an example.

Quote:Alex Smith sucks, especially if the pieces around him aren't elite. Please stop using him as an example.

There are levels between "sucks" and "All Pro". I know it's tough to believe but it's true.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:So after 6 years as a QB in the league, you don't think Henne has the makeup to be a lead dog? Just give him 10 more years. He will prove you wrong. 
You know, a lot of QBs have nice careers as backups in the league.  I fail to see where ANYONE is saying Henne has the makeup to be a "lead dog" anywhere on this board, but feel free to read between those lines, or completely misinterpret / misunderstand what you're reading if you feel it gives you yet another chance to bash Henne.  We get it.  You don't like the guy.  Life is tough. I'm sure he's losing a lot of sleep knowing a luminary like you isn't in his corner. 

Quote:There are levels between "sucks" and "All Pro". I know it's tough to believe but it's true.

Are you sure? 

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 04:56 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:There are levels between "sucks" and "All Pro". I know it's tough to believe but it's true.

Alex Smith is the same QB that Matt Schaub, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne, EJ Manuel, and every other QB that needs the pieces around to be elite in order to perform at a consistently competent level. If you take those elite pieces away those guys are exposed (like Schaub last year) for what they truly are, crappy replaceable QB's. Go back and watch the Titans game from last week, they took Jamaal Charles out of game and Smith crapped his pants, 19-35 202 yds and 3 picks, he sucks.

Henne cannot improvise.  The dude runs for ~ 8 yards per game.  He sits in the pocket and if the WRs don't get open, forget it.  He doesn't run and really doesn't really buy any time.  He's a decent backup QB. 

jagsforlife85 -- I'm not ready to throw EJ in that mix yet.  he could be better he could be worse.   Alex Mack is better then the others as well -- he has a little playmaking abilities.