Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Whats worse in your eyes? (The NFL hates women unless its make killing off pink jersey month)
Smoking Marijuana
Punching a woman in the face
[Show Results]

Punch a Woman or Smoke Marijuana.

Quote:What about an employer who doesn't want ther employees to drink on the weekend? Is that within the employer's rights to dictate?

Unfortunately, it's probably headed that way (not that I like it at all). The company I work for has a "drug free" policy, but rarely enforce it unless there is some type of safety incident or just plain suspicion of an employee's use.

If I lived in a "legalized" state, testing would probably increase, which would most likely mean many of us would either have to find new jobs, or adhere to the company's policy strictly (which does dictate what we can't do on a weekend, somewhat).

The company went smoke free a few years ago due to health and wellness. And, it's expected that the company will test for that, as some others have done, in the foreseeable future.

No, I don't like it. But, just like the NFL, if you want to be their employee, you have to adhere to their policies. Its their company.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Unfortunately, it's probably headed that way (not that I like it at all). 

I wouldn't worry about that.

Quote:What about an employer who doesn't want ther employees to drink on the weekend? Is that within the employer's rights to dictate?
Unfortunately for pot smokers, modern test can't put a time scale on when the drug was consumed or how much the drug is currently affecting the brain. Unlike alcohol, you can show high amounts of the drug in your system yet no longer be under the effects of the drug.

Up until recently, that wasn't a big deal because being under the influence of pot was illegal regardless of the circumstances. That is going to change soon because people are going to start suing companies when they fail drug tests based on the claim that they were only using on their free time. A new more accurate test is going to have to be invented because the old test will be deemed discriminatory by the courts where the drug is considered legal.

Quote:Pretty soon it will be. We have all kinds of "health and wellness" programs going on with smokers as the current target. It's only a matter of time until drinkers, fatties, red meat eaters and any other type of unhealthy lifestyle abscribents will be targeted.
They can't really discriminate your employment based on that. What they can do and what they are doing is jacking up the premium on your insurance.

Where I work, a smoker has to pay $150 more a month for health insurance than a non smoker with the same coverage.

Quote:They can't really discriminate your employment based on that. What they can do and what they are doing is jacking up the premium on your insurance.

Where I work, a smoker has to pay $150 more a month for health insurance than a non smoker with the same coverage.

You're taking all the fun out of a convenient big government paranoia talking point.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Brian, I know you are a liberal, and liberals have zero ethics and have no issue deceiving or stretching the truth....but flat out bold faced LYING now???

I've NEVER made ANY statements on Ray Rice's wife. 

What the hell are you talking about!???  :wacko: :wacko:

I guess its true that all the NUTS roll to the LEFT Laughing
It's not possible for you to be more of an antagonistic tool is it?

Quote:They can't really discriminate your employment based on that. What they can do and what they are doing is jacking up the premium on your insurance.

I know this is older, but it has happened before. I fully expect it tom come around again in the next few years as health insurance premiums continue to skyrocket.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6870458/ns/hea...-I77qOooTA

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You're taking all the fun out of a convenient big government paranoia talking point.

Not big government, big employer.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I know this is older, but it has happened before. I fully expect it tom come around again in the next few years as health insurance premiums continue to skyrocket.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6870458/ns/hea...-I77qOooTA

Just found this one today, so I guess government is trying to weedle its way in as well.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loca.../13626509/

Punching a human is worse than smoking marijuana.

Smoke Marijuana..