Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does Bortles throw ducks?

Footwork does affect spirals albeit not in the way you think, footwork affects your overall mechanics and bad footwork will throw other parts of your motion out of synch or make you throw off balance which can cause you to not get a good wrist snap and have passes wobble. Bortles issue isnt so much this, its his stiff front leg that causes him to miss his target (especially on deeper routes) he tends to underthrow quite a bit. Further I've noticed that when he rolls out or throws outside the pocket he almost always plants off his outside foot, don't know if thats a good or bad thing though, just something I've observed from watching his college tape. 

As far as him being the backup, Henne's starting right now because he's the best QB on the roster (it hurt to type that..) and gives us the best chance to win this year. I'd rather have Bortles as the backup than Stanzi, Morris etc. since if Henne, our best chance to win, is unavailable, I'd rather have the kid get experience and take reps against NFL defenses in a regular season game. As much as the reps in TC and preseason are valuable, its nothing compared to a regular season game. I think that if some games gets out of hand (we're blowing out the other team/being blown out) we should put BB5 in the game in the 4th quarter just to get him some experience. 

Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Please explain to me how footwork has something to do with throwing a spiral. I throw a pretty darn good spiral and I think it is safe to say Bortles has better footwork than I do. You can stand flat footed and throw a spiral. People that are sitting in a chair can throw a spiral. So much footwork involved in that situation isn't there. Did you just want to try and make it seem like you know what your talking about? I have seen amputees throw spirals.

I guess Peyton has terrible footwork because that man will throw some ducks.
 Bad footwork can lead to ducks. It is not like all of his throws are ducks. I am not saying it is the only cause but it can be a cause.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014, 07:56 AM by Joe.)

I forgot everyone on this message board is a QB coach.

Again... yall try WAY too hard.

Quote:I forgot everyone on this message board is a QB coach.

fun huh?

Bad foot work and wobbly throws...

If it walks like a duck and throws a duck well dang, Blake Bortles must be a duck!

…and a GM and a historian, and a statistician….

But can YOU throw a spiral?!

Didn't think so

It's just the Jags luck that they draft a QB in the Top 3, and he has off-the-field issues.  Maybe we could get him a psychiatrist.  Find out what he has against Ducks, and why he is throwing them.  I'm surprised we haven't seen a PETA Protest.  I hope he's just throwing them into the pond.  Maybe he's just trying to help.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014, 02:36 PM by Joe.)

Quote:But can YOU throw a spiral?!

Didn't think so
I actually just threw a spiral sitting in a computer chair at work.

Must be payoff from all of the footwork drills I do at home.

Tebow threw ducks, had bad footwork and mechanics. Very similar.

Quote:It's just the Jags luck that they draft a QB in the Top 3, and he has off-the-field issues.  Maybe we could get him a psychiatrist.  Find out what he has against Ducks, and why he is throwing them.  I'm surprised we haven't seen a PETA Protest.  I hope he's just throwing them into the pond.  Maybe he's just trying to help.
I prefer cat throwing myself.  A good tail-grip gives you a much longer swing arc and a higher release point.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I prefer cat throwing myself. A good tail-grip gives you a much longer swing arc and a higher release point.
yes but cats are sneaky and they will plot your demise when you least expect it. Careful treading those waters brother.

Quote:Tebow threw ducks, had bad footwork and mechanics. Very similar.
Byron Leftwich had nice spirals.

Thats about all I have to say about that.

They showed one of his passes on the news tonight.  It looked like a low Scobee kick.

Rumor mill says Bortles is facing a four game suspension due to failing his spiral test.

Bortles will be great. Think of him as Roethlisberger without the raping urges .

Quote:Rumor mill says Bortles is facing a four game suspension due to failing his spiral test.

Bortles will be great. Think of him as Roethlisberger without the raping urges .
he dosent need those urges with the girlfriend he's got.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 01:14 AM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:he dosent need those urges with the girlfriend he's got.

Very subjective opinion Obectivejag.

Quote:Very subjective opinion Obectivejag.
true

Quote:Rumor mill says Bortles is facing a four game suspension due to failing his spiral test.

He just pled guilty to a lesser charge of slapping the football and dragging it around by the laces.  His suspension is reduced to two games.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

So the last two games I've seen the ducks take flight again. A lot of his balls are sailing on him too. Can anyone with qb experience attribute this to him regressing with his foot work.