Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne – Just the facts

Quote:again, I'm not claiming he is a pro bowl qb. I'm simply pointing out his best supporting cast was at Michigan where incidently his best playing days happened.

Unfortunately there are a lot of QB's who's best days were in college. The list is quite long. I guess it was also because they had a better supporting cast in college then in the NFL?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Unfortunately there are a lot of QB's who's best days were in college. The list is quite long. I guess it was also because they had a better supporting cast in college then in the NFL?
i guess you really hate Chad? no? if you did hate Chad, you missing my point would be entirely acceptable. i have tried to stress he isn't a world beater and he is not going to make those around him play better. i think everyone around here understands that. if he were that caliber of player, the jags wouldn't have selected bb5 (is this the standard nickname?) 3rd overall. his NFL career to date has been unremarkable, but so largely had been his cast (to clarify, he has had at least two stud receivers). the last time he had a great supporting cast (Michigan), he also played well. the opinions on him vary widely. someone called him captain checkdown, someone else said he throws too many picks. why? he knows how to take care of the ball, but he isn't afraid to try to make a play. that's a great trait in a qb. i hope Bortles has this same trait, but if it turns out he's not elite like Henne hopefully his supporting cast will go after the ball.

Quote:And now starting for your Jacksonville Jaguars, Mark Ulous????????????????
Smile That's awesome.

Quote:i guess you really hate Chad? no? if you did hate Chad, you missing my point would be entirely acceptable. i have tried to stress he isn't a world beater and he is not going to make those around him play better. i think everyone around here understands that. if he were that caliber of player, the jags wouldn't have selected bb5 (is this the standard nickname?) 3rd overall. his NFL career to date has been unremarkable, but so largely had been his cast (to clarify, he has had at least two stud receivers). the last time he had a great supporting cast (Michigan), he also played well. the opinions on him vary widely. someone called him captain checkdown, someone else said he throws too many picks. why? he knows how to take care of the ball, but he isn't afraid to try to make a play. that's a great trait in a qb. i hope Bortles has this same trait, but if it turns out he's not elite like Henne hopefully his supporting cast will go after the ball.

I don't hate Chad at all. I just don't see how he is going to be a lot better then he has already shown, even with a better team surrounding him. He could certainly show some improvement with a better team around him, but him getting a lot better, I am going to have to see it to believe it.

I hope you are right and that he plays great with a better team around him.

The one thing that I think everyone in here will agree with 100% is: If the Jags are going to have a better overall season then last year, THEY HAVE TO GET MUCH BETTER PLAY AT THE QB POSITION.

Whoever plays QB for the Jags next season, the production simply has to be much better then last season. It's as simple as that. IMPROVE at QB.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

[Image: hennefight.gif]

Quote:[Image: hennefight.gif]

Bahaha. As crap of a QB henne is, He can still scrap and acts like a man at the position. Unlike sunshine gabbert

Quote:Bahaha. As crap of a QB henne is, He can still scrap and acts like a man at the position. Unlike sunshine gabbert
Henne is throwing down

Thats good stuff

I have a new level of respect for chad

Chad Henne will always regress toward the mean but with a good supporting cast, he COULD potentially have a similar season to Jake Delhomme when Carolina was winning with him - around 60% completion, 3200-3300 yards with 18 TDs-11 INTs or so

"Oh he can't throw TD's... Start him!"

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

You've got to at least like that kind of attitude from your QB. I've always thought of Henne as an old school throwback.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Chad Henne will always regress toward the mean but with a good supporting cast, he COULD potentially have a similar season to Jake Delhomme when Carolina was winning with him - around 60% completion, 3200-3300 yards with 18 TDs-11 INTs or so

That sounds very similar to the year he had last year (needs more TDs) with 13 starts so stands to reason he should do better this year starting 16 games with a better supporting cast.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I see a lot of the commentary on this site and others associated with QB Chad Henne. 

I also see two camps:  Those of us For Henne and those of us Against Henne.  I ride the fence.  I want him to perform well, but I'm unsure he is capable of it.  I need to pick a side.

Let’s talk facts about Henne and what we can expect in the 2014 season.

Note: All facts taken form

http://espn.go.com/nfl

and

http://www.nfl.com

League Facts from 2013:

• Jaguars finished 4-12 that ranked them Tied for 3<sup>rd
    </sup>

worst record (TB, OAK, CLV, ATL).
  • 13 Teams finished above .500.  All 13 made the playoffs.

• 19 teams finished .500 or below.  All 19 missed a playoff spot.

QB Facts from 2013:

Henne:

• 18<sup>th
    </sup>

in Total Passing Yards with 3,241
  • 16<sup>th
    </sup>

in Completions: 305 
  • 16<sup>th
    </sup>

in Attempts: 503
  • 19<sup>th
    </sup>

in Comp. Percentage: 60.6
  • T26th Touchdowns: 13

• T9th in interceptions: 14

• T14<sup>th
    </sup>

in Sacks taken: 38
Opinion:

Average in most catagories.  What jumps out at me are TD’s, Interceptions and Sacks.  This is where Henne is statistically bad. But how do we judge him on these items?

• TD’s – Perhaps we need to rank the 2013 receivers. 

• Interceptions – How do you break down between QB play, WR Play and late game playing from behind?

• Sacks – QB or arguably the worst O-line in the NFL?

2014 Expectations:  I’ll leave this up to you guys to debate.
This reminds me of the debates about Byron or David Garrard.  The fact is that Chad Henne didnt have a lot of teams fighting over him in Free Agency to be their starter.... trust me.. like no teams were calling him other than as a backup (if that)

Quote:You've got to at least like that kind of attitude from your QB. I've always thought of Henne as an old school throwback.
He is tough, and that is exactly the kind of players Gus Bradley wants on his team.  I was fine with the resign, knowing as they have made it obivous to him and the media that he will most likely spend that time as a backup (with apparently the exception of the start of this season).

Quote:He is tough, and that is exactly the kind of players Gus Bradley wants on his team. 

Agreed with this. 

Quote:This reminds me of the debates about Byron or David Garrard. The fact is that Chad Henne didnt have a lot of teams fighting over him in Free Agency to be their starter.... trust me.. like no teams were calling him other than as a backup (if that)

I'm not a huge fan of Henne's but you sound like you're pulling all of that out your backside. Where are you getting that info?

Quote:This reminds me of the debates about Byron or David Garrard.  The fact is that Chad Henne didnt have a lot of teams fighting over him in Free Agency to be their starter.... trust me.. like no teams were calling him other than as a backup (if that)

I'm not sure what your point is here. 

Trust you?  You do understand that the Jaguars extended Henne BEFORE free agency started, so no teams COULD call him. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm not sure what your point is here. 

Trust you?  You do understand that the Jaguars extended Henne BEFORE free agency started, so no teams COULD call him.

In a very weak FA class.. And then they promptly drafted his replacement.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Lets wait for Chad Henne to throw a few INT's, before bashing him guys. He hasn't had this many good wide outs to throw to  before either.   Henne is a serviceable vet.

The saddest lies are the ones we tell ourselves.
Only a chump boos the home team!