Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The FS position..

I'm thinking the way FS is being played in the game now, it's gonna be ideal to take those zone corners with range but too small to play press and start grooming them to play the single-high role. If the SS is playing in the box, tackling is less of a priority and covering space is priority

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

.....or we could just draft a real free safety :/
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:.....or we could just draft a real free safety :/

Which would be ideal, naturally but so few of the free safeties in college have the athleticism and speed to be a starter in a single-high scheme

Good post. One of my worry spots on the Jags. The other is the offensive line

Quote:.....or we could just draft a real free safety :/
I don't know if you know this but Evans was a rookie last year.....and the Pro game is a little bit different from the college game. Free safety is not a position that you are come in and just look amazing off the bat unless you already have a really good cast around you to cover for some of your mistakes. Lets see how he does this year before we jump to conclusions.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

that really wasn't the point of my post, I was responding to the idea that we should turn light weight cornerbacks into free safeties to solve the problem.

I suppose they could wait until the draft to address the issuse, and keep Josh Evans as the starter at FS.  It will be the weakest link on the defense in my opinion, so I hope they address it before the season starts.

just ride it out this year and then spend our first round pick on a player like Karl Joseph and our secondary is solidified for the next 6-8 years at least. A starting secondary of Joseph, Cyprien, Colvin, and Gratz under Gus's tutelage and system should be one of the best young corps in the league going off of prospect talent. As prospects every one of them are better than Seattle's secondary by position other than Joseph to Thomas, and I would argue that Joseph will end up grading out similarly to what Thomas was when he came out of Texas in 2011. The future starting corner tandem on our team are more prototypical than Seattle's and have more base talent and Cyprien is faster than Chancellor with better instincts and ball skills coming out I think, and hits just as hard.

Quote:it's not going to happen but Brandon flowers would probably make a nice fit at free safety in this system.
Brandon Flowers sucks. Ask any Chiefs fan.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Brandon Flowers sucks. Ask any Chiefs fan.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...ne-Gabbert

10 teams seem to be interested in him though.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000239940/Brandon-Flowers-picks-off-Blaine-Gabbert'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000239940/Brandon-Flowers-picks-off-Blaine-Gabbert</a>

10 teams seem to be interested in him though.

He can most likely still play in the right scheme but not ours

Quote:Brandon Flowers sucks. Ask any Chiefs fan.
I dunno, the Chiefs fans I've talked to just say that he doesn't fit the scheme anymore and that they'll miss him

Quote:People always get a bit overly hopeful with UDFAs

Case in point: #FreeMattScott

I remember the board getting excited by Harris the qb who gene brought in from his school.

Then he played a preason game and couldn't throw it 10 yards.