Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus Bradley

All you have to do is listen to Telvin Smith's or Aaron Colvin's draft day conference calls to know the effect Gus brings to the table.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You've got to start somewhere.  Multiple players have alread credited their meeting with Gus as one of the reasons they came here.  Bradley already has a lot of positive buzz around him league-wide, so as players start to explore their free agency options, Jacksonville won't be an afterthought moving forward.  That's beyond crystal clear.

I get that. 

And I agree, Gus has a personality that I can see players from all over the league wanting to play for, in due time. At the time I just thought the closer reference was a bit premature thats all. 

Quote:I want to hear it from players with options; when the higher level players are quoted as saying this as they enter UFA, kinda of like what you see with top level UFA's always speaking about wanting to play for the Patriots every year. Then we'll discuss. 

Mack saying it might have been legitimate, but also was smart on his part anyway, he was almost a Jag. The RFA distinction made it one or the other. Mack wasn't quoted as saying this before the Jags reached out to him with an offer sheet. Not that I am aware of anyway. 

Gerhart wanted to start anywhere, and I'd imagine he would have said favorable opinions to whatever team signed him. 
Ever the skeptic.

I know.  You had him #6 on your list, so you've got no choice. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I get that. 

And I agree, Gus has a personality that I can see players from all over the league wanting to play for, in due time. At the time I just thought the closer reference was a bit premature thats all. 
Yet all evidence says otherwise.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:All you have to do is listen to Telvin Smith's or Aaron Colvin's draft day conference calls to know the effect Gus brings to the table.

They both were Sr Bowl participants, correct?

Quote:Ever the skeptic.

I know.  You had him #6 on your list, so you've got no choice. 

Not skeptic...I'm not bashing. 

I like Bradley. 

Did I label him 6th best (of that list) at the time? Yup. I own that comment. Not running from it. Frankly, he might still be worthy of that ranking until results prove otherwise. 

Quote:They both were Sr Bowl participants, correct?

So they'd have an extended opportunity to be around Bradley and to get a feel for the kind of coach he is.  That matters. 

I would imagine there are quite a few senior bowl participants who wish they had landed here as well. 

Quote:Not skeptic...I'm not bashing. 

I like Bradley. 

Did I label him 6th best (of that list) at the time? Yup. I own that comment. Not running from it. Frankly, he might still be worthy of that ranking until results prove otherwise. 

You might want to look up the word.  Nobody is saying you're bashing.  But you're definitely skeptical. 

Quote:They both were Sr Bowl participants, correct?

Yes.

Quote:So they'd have an extended opportunity to be around Bradley and to get a feel for the kind of coach he is.  That matters. 

I would imagine there are quite a few senior bowl participants who wish they had landed here as well. 

You might want to look up the word.  Nobody is saying you're bashing.  But you're definitely skeptical. 

Maybe I am. Goes with the territory.....get burned a lot, develop degree of skepticism. 

Quote:Maybe I am. Goes with the territory.....get burned a lot, develop degree of skepticism. 

There's really no maybe.

Admitting you've got a problem is the first step to recovery.  Watching Phillly lose on opening day will be the next. 

Quote:There's really no maybe.

Admitting you've got a problem is the first step to recovery.  Watching Phillly lose on opening day will be the next. 

From your keyboard to God's eyes... :thumbsup: 

I'd love to see the Jags pull that one off. 

Quote:From your keyboard to God's eyes... :thumbsup:

I'd love to see the Jags pull that one off. 

But you'll still be skeptical. 

I think Gus will show the team made the right choice in grabbing him when they had the chance. 

Quote:But you'll still be skeptical. 

I think Gus will show the team made the right choice in grabbing him when they had the chance. 

An upset like that to start the season would go a long way into erasing any lingering skepticism I have about Bradley.....and theres not really that much left, tbh. I can see he's quality. 

We'll see.

As Gus Bradley tries hard to make this team the same as Seattle will the uniform colors change too?

I was listening to NFL Radio this morning and heard Ross Tucker discussing how he met Gus Bradley at the NFL Rookie Symposium, and Ross said that he really beleives in Gus and from what he's heard about Dave Caldwell he truly feels that the Jaguars are headed in the right direction.  He did say that might not result in immediate results but he feels in a couple of years this team will be great.

Quote:I dunno man.....The Eagles won a playoff game with Kotite.....the Cowboys won a SB with Switzer....

I don't think the Jags having some success under JDR really proves that he was all that good of a head coach. 
Switzer slid into a great situation.  Had Jimmy stayed and enforced, could have been 4 SB's in a row instead of 3/4.  That 95 Cowboys teams won the SB on cruise control.  

Quote:As Gus Bradley tries hard to make this team the same as Seattle will the uniform colors change too?

I don't feel that Bradley is trying to mirror Seattle. Acquiring former Seattle players is merely getting players that's familiar to his scheme. The invent of the OTTO is a testimony of Bradleys vision. Caldwell has acquired players that he was familiar/w even before he arrived in Jax. I feel that the media and fans have labeled Bradley as an copy-cat simply because of Seattle's success which was accomplished by Pete...

In only his second season Bradley is putting his own spin on our team...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Switzer slid into a great situation.  Had Jimmy stayed and enforced, could have been 4 SB's in a row instead of 3/4.  That 95 Cowboys teams won the SB on cruise control.

Agreed...

J. Jones knew that all he needed as an coach was a warm body as the team was self sufficient. J. Jones felt that he built that roster alone but what he is still realizing is that he didn't have the eye for talent. J. Johnson was the man, not J. Jones...

Dallas Cowboys (NFC)...My first Luv... That all ended w/the inception of the Jacksonville Jaguars (AFC)...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Maybe if he wins some games he will get a raise.... keep losing and I guarantee he won't get more money

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana