Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars will NOT release Justin Blackmon upon reinstatement

Quote:This is the best news I've heard all day.

It's good to know the front office isn't part of the silly "Cut him" branch.

That's a family tree that really is just a branch. 

Most here didn't expect the team to cut him without knowing for sure he was done with football.  The local media paints a gloomy picture of where this is headed, but you still don't cut and run until it's confirmed that he's simply unable to shake his demons.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:no one knows where he works, we just know he cooks fries. im sure sometimes you cook fries. sometimes i cook fries. everyone cooks fries. 

No, it was assumed by a certain poster that I cooked fries, and sheep like you just went along with it. 

I used to work in the restaurant business, (no, not "fast food" but a real legit decent restaurant) and I was not a "fry cook", I managed the entire kitchen. 

Quote:This is the best news I've heard all day.

It's good to know the front office isn't part of the silly "Cut him" branch.

You said it, bro!! I agree. 

The "cut him" bunch are tools. 

Quote:No, it was assumed by a certain poster that I cooked fries, and sheep like you just went along with it. 

I used to work in the restaurant business, (no, not "fast food" but a real legit decent restaurant) and I was not a "fry cook", I managed the entire kitchen. 

You said it, bro!! I agree. 

The "cut him" bunch are tools. 

I haven't seen many people say the team should cut him.

They literally gain nothing by doing so.

Quote:If true that suggests to me the current Jags brass is smart. :thumbsup:

No reason that they should be releasing Blackmon, at all at that point.

The only and I mean only situation that Blackmon should be released by the Jags is if he gets suspended by the NFL for life.
Pretty sure the Jags couldnt keep him on the roster if he was suspended for life anyway.

Quote:I haven't seen many people say the team should cut him.

They may not be the majority, but they are loud and proud.....and wrong and stupid. 

Quote:They may not be the majority, but they are loud and proud.....and wrong and stupid. 

There are a few people who are holier than thou who see any behavioral incident as grounds to cut a player regardless of the talent level.  That's going to exist in any situation.  Nobody is really banging the drum to move on from Blackmon right now except for maybe 1 or 2 posters. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:There are a few people who are holier than thou who see any behavioral incident as grounds to cut a player regardless of the talent level.  That's going to exist in any situation.  Nobody is really banging the drum to move on from Blackmon right now except for maybe 1 or 2 posters.
Omg! Did you just reply to TMD like an adult without insulting him?! Praise Bortles! It's a modern day Christmas Miracle!

Hopefully Justin Blackmon stays and has learned from his mistakes. I still think he'll become a solid wide out in the long run.

Quote:They may not be the majority, but they are loud and proud.....and wrong and stupid. 

I haven't seen them I guess. Maybe I am not looking in the right place.

The delusion is back!

Quote:I haven't seen them I guess. Maybe I am not looking in the right place.

There are literally only a few posters who hold this position. 

The perception by some is that there are more, and that they're a loud group.  Not really.  I think the overwhelming majority would prefer that Blackmon get his house in order and get back on the field with this team.  If he can't ever meet the requirements to get reinstated, then the team should move on,  They can't wait forever for him to get his life straightened out.

Quote:Hopefully Justin Blackmon stays and has learned from his mistakes. I still think he'll become a solid wide out in the long run.

Another fear I have is rust.

Specifically, if he gets suspended and misses half or all of this season, even if he gets his life completely together and gets reinstated, how much will the time off affect his game?

I'm afraid even assuming a best case scenario and he gets his life together and misses only half of this season, all of the time off will have harmed his skills to the point where he's not the same player.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Another fear I have is rust.

Specifically, if he gets suspended and misses half or all of this season, even if he gets his life completely together and gets reinstated, how much will the time off affect his game?

I'm afraid even assuming a best case scenario and he gets his life together and misses only half of this season, all of the time off will have harmed his skills to the point where he's not the same player.

Rust is a big concern, but one that can be overcome far more easily than the addiction issue he's dealing with. 

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014, 05:10 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Rust is a big concern, but one that can be overcome far more easily than the addiction issue he's dealing with. 

Agreed completely on this point.

Just making the point that even assuming he returns and his life is in order and he's ready to stay clean, all may not be great.  He still has to prove he can play up to where he was.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014, 05:13 PM by Jaguarforlife.)

Quote:Another fear I have is rust.

All good concerns. My best guess is he won't be rushed back now with all of this talent on the team. Gus and Dave will limit his playing time, until he's 100 percent ready.

Quote:Agreed completely on this point.

Just making the point that even assuming he returns and his life is in order and he's ready to stay clean, all may not be great.  He still has to prove he can play up to where he was.
Yeah, but rust is something that can be addressed (as Jaguarforlife mentioned above) thankfully due to the improved talent on the roster.  He wouldn't be expected to step right in and play. 

Quote:All good concerns. My best guess is he won't be rushed back now with all of these talent on the team. Gus and Dave will limit his playing time, until he's 100 percent ready.
That would seem to be a sensible approach.

If we are right and the team hit on both Lee and Robinson, Blackmon will have to earn his reps.  He will have to earn the coaches' confidence as a man and player and Bortles' confidence as a receiver.  That would undoubtedly include shaking off the rust.

Quote:Yeah, but rust is something that can be addressed (as Jaguarforlife mentioned above) thankfully due to the improved talent on the roster.  He wouldn't be expected to step right in and play. 

Well...the Mike Williams experience gives me concern.  He may have been a bust due to any number of factors, but the year off after being declared ineligible could not have helped much.

Blackmon coming back doesn't necessarily mean getting the Blackmon we saw vs. Denver and Houston, even with reps and coaching.

Quote:That would seem to be a sensible approach.

If we are right and the team hit on both Lee and Robinson, Blackmon will have to earn his reps.  He will have to earn the coaches' confidence as a man and player and Bortles' confidence as a receiver.  That would undoubtedly include shaking off the rust.

He'll definitely have to earn his reps, but as he gets conditioned, I'm pretty confident he'll be able to play his way back on to the field. 

It's really sad that we have to sit here and speculate about stuff like this.  For such a tremendous talent to squander this the way he has because of addiction issues is truly a shame.  It's amazing how the life of co-dependency can completely derail even the best among us.  Hopefully he can be one of those who overcomes this and becomes an example of the power of recovery. 

Quote:Well...the Mike Williams experience gives me concern.  He may have been a bust due to any number of factors, but the year off after being declared ineligible could not have helped much.

Blackmon coming back doesn't necessarily mean getting the Blackmon we saw vs. Denver and Houston, even with reps and coaching.
Yeah, but I think most of what you see from Blackmon on the field is God given, and not something that he'll lose as a result of this hiatus.