Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars OTAs news and notes

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 10:10 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's this mindset that's really ridiculous.  I'm not sure where all the Henne hate comes from, but to say he's a third string QB is probably one of the more ignorant things I've seen in a while. 

He's not a good QB, FBT. 

I dunno about "3rd string", but he's pretty much just an "okay" backup.....so at this point we're pretty much just picking at straws to correctly label the degree of suckitude.  

That said, I'd still rather live with what I know Henne is for 2014, than rush Bortles in there. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's this mindset that's really ridiculous.  I'm not sure where all the Henne hate comes from, but to say he's a third string QB is probably one of the more ignorant things I've seen in a while. 

Its one thing to not be the reason your team wins at the QB position. Its another when you straight up throw 3+ INT's a game and refuse to throw the ball away when you are about to get sacked. Thats what makes him a low backup skillwise. I remember seeing multiple times Henne throwing DIRECTLY into a defenders hands with no WR in the area.

As stated earlier, Most of his yardage/TDs came in garbage time.

Quote:It's this mindset that's really ridiculous. I'm not sure where all the Henne hate comes from, but to say he's a third string QB is probably one of the more ignorant things I've seen in a while.

Henne's a solid backup to have and a pretty streaky starter.

I will make a sig-bet with someone with the following, regarding Henne in 2014:

If Henne manages to stay healthy and start every game, I think he will throw at least 16 TD's. 

FYI, last year he started 15 games, threw for 13 TD's and 14 INT's.

Anyone?

20 TDs should be the floor for any starting QB. If he starts 16 games and has any less than 16 TDs, I bet we'll be picking in the top 5 next year too.

I'd accept your bet but Im not in the habit of wishing ill upon my favorite team. I want us picking in the last 10 spots. Wishful thinking or not.

Quote:I will make a sig-bet with someone with the following, regarding Henne in 2014:

If Henne manages to stay healthy and start every game, I think he will throw at least 16 TD's. 

FYI, last year he started 15 games, threw for 13 TD's and 14 INT's.

Anyone?

16 TD, huh?...lol....

I think if I stayed healthy enough and start every game I could throw "16" TD for a season. 

Quote:20 TDs should be the floor for any starting QB.

In todays pass happy NFL, 20 passing TD for a whole 16 game season should be the absolute floor. 

Quote:He's not a good QB, FBT. 

I dunno about "3rd string", but he's pretty much just an "okay" backup.....so at this point we're pretty much just picking at straws to correctly label the degree of suckitude.  

That said, I'd still rather live with what I know Henne is for 2014, than rush Bortles in there. 

hes not even the worst starting qb in the league. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:16 TD, huh?...lol....

I think if I stayed healthy enough and start every game I could throw "16" TD for a season. 
But the Jaguars FO needs you to remain as their GM... Oh wait.

By no means is Henne a great QB, but he is serviceable - and that was role that he was brought in for.

Quote:hes not even the worst starting qb in the league. 

Name who's worse. 

Quote:But the Jaguars FO needs you to remain as their GM... Oh wait.

By no means is Henne a great QB, but he is serviceable - and that was role that he was brought in for.

As said, I'm willing to give Henne this year, as I do not want Bortles rushed into action. 

But by 2015, I hope we never have to see him start for us again. 

I am hoping we draft another QB in 2015, regardless. 

I would love for Henne to go off this season. Unfortunately, having seen him play coupled with analysis of his career statistics give me little hope he will ever throw for 20 TDs or throw for 3500 yards. He may set a new personal record with 16, but that would mean he has 40 batted at the line. He goes comatose in games for entire quarters and wastes great defensive efforts with a parade of three and outs. I have to root for him, but reason dictates I need to temper my expectations.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:As said, I'm willing to give Henne this year, as I do not want Bortles rushed into action. 

But by 2015, I hope we never have to see him start for us again. 

I am hoping we draft another QB in 2015, regardless. 
Also, based off of a radio interview with Fisch, our offense is going to be "58:42" - which is basically a 60:40 run-pass ratio.

I expect our offense to "get with the times" throwing the ball but only by a marginal degree, at least for this upcoming year. 

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 10:43 AM by Achilles.)

Quote:Name who's worse. 

well assuming he starts... mccown, also fitzpatrick, oh, and cassel.... locker has been garbage, so has geno smith so far. id take henne ahead of all those guys going into this season. geno and locker still have a chance to put their upside to use.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

And yes TMD, I hope we continue to draft a QB in the coming NFL drafts. 

It is a make-or-break position, especially in this day and age of the NFL. 

Quote:He's not a good QB, FBT. 

Where did I ever say he's a "good QB?"

I was referring to the 3rd string comment.  That's just ridiculous.  He's a solid back up QB, and a serviceable starter in a pinch.  He's not the long term solution here, and never has been. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:well assuming he starts... mccown, also fitzpatrick, oh, and cassel.... locker has been garbage, so has geno smith so far. id take henne ahead of all those guys going into this season. geno and locker still have a chance to put their upside to use.

I'd take Fitzpatrick over Henne actually.. I agree with the rest though. Locker was looking alright before he went down last season.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM by BasshunterX.)

Quote:hes not even the worst starting qb in the league. 

Lets evaluate that statement

AFC east - Brady, Tannehill, Vick, and EJ Manuel are all better QBs than Henne.

AFC North - Dalton, Big ben, Flacco, and Hoyer/manziel are better or will prove to be better than Henne this year.

AFC South - Locker, Luck are all better. Savage and Fitzpatrick are debatable but I think Fitz is better. 

AFC west - Smith, Manning, Shaub, and Rivers are all better. Shaub barely.

NFC East - Foles, Griffen, Manning and Romo all way better

NFC north - Stafford, Cutler, Rodgers all better. Bridgewater will prove to be better imo

NFC south - Brees, Glennon, Newton, and Ryan all way better

NFC west - Bradford, Kap, Wilson, and palmer all better

The only starting QBs that are even in question is Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater, and Hoyer.

Quote:In todays pass happy NFL, 20 passing TD for a whole 16 game season should be the absolute floor. 

And yet that was the benchmark for this franchise until Garrard bumped it up to 23 in 2010.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I'd take Fitzpatrick over Henne actually.. I agree with the rest though. Locker was looking alright before he went down last season.

Fitzpatrick and Henne are probably a push.