Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New stadium naming deal being discussed.

Quote:Jacksonville Veterans Arena.

Coca-Cola Veterans Arena

Whats the difference?

My father is a 20 year Navy vet. Do you think he is beaming with pride that the arena has Veterans plastered on it and not Coca Cola? I wonder how many of those veterans that care about the name of the arena are complaining about the city's pension problem? Think about it. Say they could have gotten 500k per year from a company. The arena has been open for 10 years. That's 5 million in lost revenue.

I agree with you, but we're talking political clout. You can't diss veterans (if by perception only) and live to talk about it. These politicians work hard for those endorsements by the VFW, etc.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is a military town - especially the Navy. (I think when you sign up you're required to promise that you'll retire to Orange Park.)

What politician is going to say "Screw those veterans, we want the name to be Coca-Cola Arena!"

That ain't gonna happen.

Why not have a compromise? 

Veterans memorial Coca Cola Arena?

If Maxwell House did sponsor the stadium, any name other than "The Maxwell House" would be a travesty.  Either way, I'm pretty sure it's a subsidiary of Kraft foods, so...

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014, 12:26 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If Maxwell House did sponsor the stadium, any name other than "The Maxwell House" would be a travesty.  

Hey thats pretty good. :thumbsup:

how about Wayne Weaver Field at Everbank Stadium

I think Arizona got something in the neighborhood of $8 million for their stadium. With the surge in attendance for the rookie camp, upgrades in the stadium, and direction of the franchise, we have a bit more leverage and now's the perfect time for negotiating. Anything less than $6.5 million would be a mistake.

Quote:I vote Maxwell House Park Smile

Always liked the idea of that... "take it to the House!"

...and a team slogan like "good to the last drop" would help our receiver group stay focused, too. Oh, wait...
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:We can call it the "Con-Dome"!

The Khan-Dome.

Still holding out hope Chico's Bail Bonds makes a late push.
Only a chump boos the home team!

GusJuice Stadium? lol

Shad could play mind games with us and name it Wembley Field.

Flex-N-Gate Field.

Welcome to the bumper.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm in favor of whatever company pays the most money calling it whatever the heck they like.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:I'm in favor of whatever company pays the most money calling it whatever the heck they like.

Tampax Field.

Quote:Flex-N-Gate Field.

Welcome to the bumper.   Spare Parts -- you need 'em, we got 'em.

Quote:Tampax Field.

2013 slogan

.... because if you like PMSing, you'll love watching the Jags.

in all serious if tampax would throw down some huge money for our jags.  it would be worth it.  plus plently of the fans need one sometimes, the way they moan and carry on at the stadium.

Quote:2013 slogan

.... because if you like PMSing, you'll love watching the Jags.

You're on a roll today.

Quote:Tampax Field.

If they pay more than everyone else...

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

1-800-Ask-Gary Field

For Dummies Stadium