Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shorts on Blackmon

Quote:With all of Khan's resources....can't he "get through" to Blackmon??......Khan's no dummy....he has to know that Blackmon added to the current promising group of offensive players could seriously be the one who puts it over the top as far as a super bowl caliber offense goes....

I wish Khan would allocate a certain amount of dollars to do what ever it takes to get Blackmon's life straightened out and becoming the star football player we all know that he can be - here.  

Yeah it'd be nice. We certainly need a star here. We really don't have one. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:With all of Khan's resources....can't he "get through" to Blackmon??......Khan's no dummy....he has to know that Blackmon added to the current promising group of offensive players could seriously be the one who puts it over the top as far as a super bowl caliber offense goes....

I wish Khan would allocate a certain amount of dollars to do what ever it takes to get Blackmon's life straightened out and becoming the star football player we all know that he can be - here.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/4964-reading-the-blackmon-tea-leaves/'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/4964-reading-the-blackmon-tea-leaves/</a>

Its denial at this point.

He done.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I wish Khan would allocate a certain amount of dollars to do what ever it takes to get Blackmon's life straightened out and becoming the star football player we all know that he can be - here.
And you're still trying to correlate this to someone with a normal thought process.

You can't.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The league has plenty of resources for Blackmon to take advantage of. But that's the thing, he has to want to take advantage of what's being offered. By all known records he hasn't yet.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

you can't help someone who dosent want to help themselves. It's a really bad sign that he's not even responding to his teammates/friends.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Until Blackmon takes that step his NFL career is non -existent.
Signature goes here.

What's bothering everyone is the fact that we all know, if he just deciding to take his off the field actions seriously he'd be a top 5 receiver.....and we thought he was when we heard about the girl he visited in the hospital but overlooked the college issues off the field then another before he even played a game......it's just a total disappointment

Quote:If this is some ploy to get the Jags to release him so he can play somewhere else and that they can get a player of Blackmon's caliber for nothing, well, I hope we never release him out of his deal. 

He still owes us 2 years service, correct???

Or is it 3 (if you don't count suspended time as years of service)
the suspended time doesn't count towards his contract, IDK if anyone answered but it's only the time he's getting paid for. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:What's bothering everyone is the fact that we all know, if he just deciding to take his off the field actions seriously he'd be a top 5 receiver.....and we thought he was when we heard about the girl he visited in the hospital but overlooked the college issues off the field then another before he even played a game......it's just a total disappointment

Yeah, and it was all a bit of a tease. For years and years we were desperate for a talented receiver and we finally get one and just like that it's over. I've never seen Jaguars fans get so excited about a selection and then he would give us glimpses of greatness like the Texan game. It is frustrating because we finally had a star and he had the chance to go down as one of if not the most talented player we ever had.

Also, I think we all see that something special is being put together here and we think how amazing it would be to have a talent of the magnitude on top of what Dave has already built.

Blackmon, Shorts, Lee, Robinson, Ace? Come on! That's a far cry from Jason Hill, Chastin West, Jarrett Dillard, and Taylor Price.

I wish Khan would allocate a certain amount of dollars to do what ever it takes to get Blackmon's life straightened out and becoming the star football player we all know that he can be - here.  
From how i understand it the Jaguars cannot do anything to get blackmon back on track,its up to him and him only to get clean and back in the league

GO Jaguars
;

He's doing his own thing. I'm really not worried about him not applying for reinstatement or not talking to anyone else.

If he does, he does. If he doesn't, he sits and doesn't go on to become a superstar anywhere else. It's selfish, but that's how I view it.

I do not want to see Blackmon in any other uniform other than a Jaguars uniform.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

You really just don't get it. All the resources on the planet can't fix what's wrong with Blackmon if he doesn't want help, and it's pretty clear right now that's the case. Blackmon has all of the resources of the NFL at his disposal. He's responsible for the end of his own career.

Quote:Comparing Soward to Blackmon is a Joke.  Soward couldn't hold Blackmons jock.

Blackmon has been dominant in a couple of  games in his short career.  Soward was invisible on the field and couldn't catch.  They maybe equally messed up off the field.

The comparison of what they did on the field is completely irrelevant. You get that, right? It's what is happening off the field that is their common bond.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:the suspended time doesn't count towards his contract, IDK if anyone answered but it's only the time he's getting paid for. 

Ok, so that means he still owes the Jaguars OVER 2 years of service, then....2 years + 12 games to be exact. 

Quote:He's doing his own thing. I'm really not worried about him not applying for reinstatement or not talking to anyone else.

If he does, he does. If he doesn't, he sits and doesn't go on to become a superstar anywhere else. It's selfish, but that's how I view it.

I do not want to see Blackmon in any other uniform other than a Jaguars uniform.

I feel the same way...call me selfish, too. 

He's just such a good player. smh....

Quote:Ok, so that means he still owes the Jaguars OVER 2 years of service, then....2 years + 12 games to be exact. 

I feel the same way...call me selfish, too. 

He's just such a good player. smh....

I don't see anyone disputing he's a good player. They're just being realistic in their expectations that he may not come back at all, and as more time goes by, the likelihood he comes back becomes even more remote.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I think people ignore/don't appreciate the fact that a receiver corp of Lee/Robinson/Shorts/Sanders is still VERY good and if both Robinson and Lee pan out it could be elite in itself, without Blackmon. lol at the guy saying he doesn't care about Shorts and acting like the corps would be in a vastly lower tier without Blackmon. Since when did Shorts become a bad player? If Lee and Robinson can both develop into 1000 yard receivers and Shorts can get 800 or so and Sanders continues to be a good fourth option there wouldn't be any difference if Blackmon were a part of the group, his name would just make it look crazy on paper.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2014, 04:49 AM by InmanRoshi.)

Quote:I still think that, in the end, Blackmon doesn't apply to be reinstated.

Agreed, and I think people get hung up on what "applying for reinstatement" even means.   Some  seem to think Blackmon can just show up at the league office, proclaim "I'm all better now", fill out and application and get rubberstamped 10 minutes later he's renewing a driver's license. 

When players get an indefinite suspension,  Goodell and the league provides them very specific and laid out path that they expect from them if they want to play in the league again.    The path laid out is very detailed with specific checkboxes of expected steps of action  in regards to treatment, therapy/counseling and random drug testing.    There are other ancillary, or even mandated, things the player can do to further solidify his case before the league, like community outreach or volunteer work.    The league expects to be constantly updated by the player in his progress, and will get constant updates through their contracted counselors and drug testers in regards to their participation.         The actual re-applying to the league is just the bureaucratic red tape at the end of the process.  The  e league will then review the player's entire case for re-in statement and all the documentation, and decide if he followed the steps and jumped through all the hoops in a satisfactory manner.   There are legalities and CBA ramifications up the wazoo on things this, so you can be sure the paperwork is thorough and stacked a mile high.     This isn't done willy-nilly.  

If Blackmon is completely out of pocket and the team seems to be completely moving on from him, I would guess he's not progressing very well ... if at all ... in his assignments.  

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2014, 04:53 AM by InmanRoshi.)

Quote:From how i understand it the Jaguars cannot do anything to get blackmon back on track,its up to him and him only to get clean and back in the league

The NFL provides Blackmon with help and resources (if he wants it), however the Jaguars can have no direct contact with him.  

That's not to say teams don't keep tabs on the player's progress indirectly by proxy through teammate outreach, and/or contacting "little birdies" around the player, or even a private investigator if need be.    Particularly players they've sunk large sums of resources into.   And I'm sure the league provides them some general update to the player's rehabilitation status, even if it's vague, so they're not completely blindsided by the result and can   steer  their organizational plans accordingly.  

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2014, 04:27 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I think people ignore/don't appreciate the fact that a receiver corp of Lee/Robinson/Shorts/Sanders is still VERY good and if both Robinson and Lee pan out it could be elite in itself, without Blackmon. lol at the guy saying he doesn't care about Shorts and acting like the corps would be in a vastly lower tier without Blackmon. Since when did Shorts become a bad player? If Lee and Robinson can both develop into 1000 yard receivers and Shorts can get 800 or so and Sanders continues to be a good fourth option there wouldn't be any difference if Blackmon were a part of the group, his name would just make it look crazy on paper.
Not saying that Shorts is a "bad"player, or that this group overall is not good, but this WR corps would be better with Blackmon without question.

In the very short time he's been here and not suspended, he's already put up two of the highest single game yardage totals in team history/  That wasn't a fluke. Shorts has been here longer and hasn't been suspended, and he can't come close to claiming that.

That said, the chances of Blackmon ever playing another down for the Jaguars are miniscule.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Maybe whats been happening all along is that Cecil has been encouraging Blackmon to take drugs and get drunk all the time, so Blackmon gets suspended, and then Cecil get's paid more money for his contract as he was only true WR, that would explain why Blackmon isn't answering his calls. So we can blame Cecil for what's happened to Blackmon, and since Cecil was a Gene Smith pick, it's safe to say that this is all Gene Smiths fault.

But on a serious note, I see alot of people flaming Blackmon for this, but maybe as an addict he's realised this lifestyle isn't good for him right now, and he's looking for less contact to be able to sort out his problems before he rushes back. Can you really blame a guy for wanting to prioritise sorting out his addiction which would last a lifetime, as opposed to a career that will likely last 10 years? Addict or not, Blackmon doesn't strike me as a selfish person and I think he's quite hard on himself, I think it's more likely the reason he's not answering is that he's ashamed and embarrassed. I wish him the best and hope he's back in a Jags uniform soon.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2014, 09:37 AM by InmanRoshi.)

Ideally what the Jaguars develop a  WR collection without a true stud #1, but a stable of guys who can go out onto the field 3-4 or at a time, individually capable of  beating single coverage, who can the exploit the weakest link or sub-par package nickel back in any defense and gives Bortles the option of just throwing to the open man through his progressions rather than just force feeding targets to a double-covered man just because he's had a "#1 WR" label slapped on him.   I'm thinking what Green Bay has/had with Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Donald Driver and James Jones.       I think they're on the way to building something like that without Blackmon.    I personally don't like a WR corp that's just built around one superstar #1 and a passing game that revolves around feeding that guy his 15 targets a game.