Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee or A-Rob as #1 receiver?

People need to stop obsessing over, "WHOS THE ONE" "WHO IS OUR 2"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:People need to stop obsessing over, "WHOS THE ONE" "WHO IS OUR 2"

Agreed for the most part. 

Quote:Robinson is the early favorite IMO, but we shall see this summer.
I agree I think Robinson is better wr right now but 2 or 3 yrs down the rd I think Lee will be better wr.

Quote:I agree I think Robinson is better wr right now but 2 or 3 yrs down the rd I think Lee will be better wr.
I'd have to agree with this.

Numbering them is stupid, but the position they will play is pretty important.

Robinson is the clear X of the group to me. I like Shorts' size a little better and profile to fit the Z. I like Lee's quickness a ton in the slot, as I've comp'd him to Victor Cruz many times on here. 

Quote:Numbering them is stupid, but the position they will play is pretty important.

Robinson is the clear X of the group to me. I like Shorts' size a little better and profile to fit the Z. I like Lee's quickness a ton in the slot, as I've comp'd him to Victor Cruz many times on here. 

So where the hell is Sanders after all of this?

Quote:CS3 is the guy until proven otherwise. WR usually doesn't translate well to the NFL in their first season. Cecil, then Robinson because of his size. Whoever was on here saying Robinson is just a 3rd down & redone guy obviously didn't watch him much!

I'm not expecting too much their first year. If one or both have a really good year, I'll be pleasantly surprised. They'll be getting valuable experience and they will both come into their own in '15.

Quote:So where the hell is Sanders after all of this?

Four wide receiver formation?  Honestly I really don't know or care who our "#1, #2, #3, etc." receivers are.  I just want a group that has some talent and can help us win games.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Lines up inside in 4 WR sets. Slot WR when Lee or Shorts need a spell. He'll play plenty. 

rotational would be my guess.... i love having that kind of a problem 

Quote:Lines up inside in 4 WR sets. Slot WR when Lee or Shorts need a spell. He'll play plenty. 
that my thought as well... the one thing nobody wants to think about(in the offseason at least) is just having some depth for shier injury purposes... having some security when someone goes down never hurt anything

Quote:Cecil is not a go to guy. He's at his best when theres already a goto guy taking the focus off of him, and he cleans up the garbage.

Problem is we don't really know that since we the Jags have been in garbage time well since he got here
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 12:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I imagine Allen Robinson as the x-receiver (meaning he's the primary #1), Marqise Lee is already penciled in as the starting z-receiver (#2), and Cecil Shorts as the primary y-receiver (#3/slot). But, the great thing about having all these guys is that they're all good and versatile enough to play all the receiver positions so they'll likely take turns throughout the game and season depending on match-ups.

Quote:Numbering them is stupid, but the position they will play is pretty important.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...-this-year

"Everyone's doing everything. Z, X ... that's not how our offense is," Sanders said. "We don't want to be stuck being a one-dimensional team. Maybe one play we might like this matchup better, so we need you to read this route. We need you to know what's going on. The way we set it up is perfect.

^ I've been saying this all along. Maybe these know it alls will finally listen now that a player from the team has actually been quoted.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Interesting that you would ask...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...-this-year

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I'd say Robinson just because of size.

No pain, no gain.

Allen Robinson sort of reminds me of an Alshon Jeffery with better YAC ability. I'm hoping he can win at the highest point on jump balls like Jeffery does as well.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:That is true. Didn't Jerry Sullivan say he doesn't go by those number designations?
The team uses x,y,z and moves the receivers to different positions to create mismatches - but I do believe Robinson will be the primary

x eventually.

Quote:The team uses x,y,z and moves the receivers to different positions to create mismatches - but I do believe Robinson will be the primary

x eventually.

so even after ace sanders said while being interviewed that the xyz system isnt how the jaguars offense does things, you still insist that they do?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:so even after ace sanders said while being interviewed that the xyz system isnt how the jaguars offense does things, you still insist that they do?
Yes. Sanders meant that they all play each of those positions. So no one is "the" x or " the" y. They all are. Not that they don't use the terminology.

Caldwell, Bradley and Sullivan all openly used x,y,z terminology when being interviewed about their receivers post draft.

I remember Caldwell saying of one draftee "we see him as an x - but we move them all around anyway..."