Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matt Scott released

Quote:Gabbert will have a 10 year career in the NFL. Matt Scott will be out of football in 18 months.

Does that make you sad?
I sincerely doubt that.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I sincerely doubt that.
He might be in the NFL for 10 years, but I promise you it will be in a backup role or on a team with a 2-14 record (if he starts)

Quote:And Matt Scott is still a better QB than Gabbert. 

Based on what, exactly?

From what I saw of both of then, Gabbert was not good, but he was still a couple of notches above Scott.

Matt Scott sucks and Gabbert sucked. Lol this board.

It is obvious that we are all coming out of the Post Darft Annesthesia, when visions and delusions over departed QB's with limited to non existant bodies of work are defended vociferously.

They are what they are and that's OK.

The Modis stands ready should anyone suffer a schizoid embolisim. Wallbash

I love this time of year.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:And Matt Scott is still a better QB than Gabbert. 

It's funny how you Gabby lovers twist things

Henne isn't better than Gabbert even tho he is, because Gabbert is young and has potentials!!@@!@

Doesn't apply for Scott who hasn't been given an actual chance? Seems like a double standard. 

Are you posting this from Disney World? Because you're living in Fantasyland.

First, you were the one who brought Gabbert into the conversation. Second, nobody is a "Gabbert lover".

Clearly from your posting, you went to zero camp sessions. Because if you did, you would know that Scott does not have an NFL skill set. He is terrible. Awful. He played against third and fourth stringers in the preseason and did absolutely nothing. The team did him a solid by keeping him on the practice squad last year. And they rightfully cut him.

I guess he tickles your fancy for some reason.

Maybe you should start a thread about it.

Concierege Level Service is now open at the Modis.

For those confunded by previous QB attributes, we offer a free meal at Howard Johnson's 

before your express elevator to the roof, with choice of soothing musical interlude.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:Gabbert will have a 10 year career in the NFL

[Image: tumblr_inline_n3s3qhJwZk1qkyfep.gif]

Quote:Henne isn't better than Gabbert even tho he is, because Gabbert is young and has potentials!!@@!@

Doesn't apply for Scott who hasn't been given an actual chance? Seems like a double standard. 
You'll never find me acting as a Gabbert apologist, but Scott did a get a chance. He got a chance to stick on one of the worst QB depth charts in recent memory, and he couldn't crack the rotation over Gabbert or Henne, nor could he do enough to keep the Jags from claiming Ricky Stanzi on waivers. Couldn't do enough to make the Jaguars think he'd be a competent #3 this year, and he certainly didn't do enough to make the Jags think twice about picking up Bortles. The way I see it, he had a full training camp and seventeen weeks of regular season practices to show the Jags that he had a bright future, and he couldn't do it. That was his chance, imo. He might go Matt Moore on us and improve into a competent backup over time, but he didn't do it here.