Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith LB FSU

Telvin Smith=FS? 

MIND BLOWN. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Telvin Smith=FS?

MIND BLOWN.

It honestly wouldn't be that crazy of an idea. I personally think he would excel there. Lesser competition, his speed and cover skills are his strengths, has good ball skills and is a sound tackler in open space. Add in the fact that he is Chancellor sized, and could become one of the anchors of the defense if he were to work out there.

That said, in today's NFL you need speed at LB to win. If he can keep on the weight and play closer to the line of scrimmage I think him and Cyp could dominate behind a good DL.

He seems like he'll be a steal.

MIND BLOWN. 
I don't see it. It's hard for LBs to make that type of transition.

I think Telvin Smith's success will depend on if he can thicken his frame. He's got pretty much everything else you could ask out of the LB position.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Looks like a great pick to me.  Outstanding in-between kind of guy.

My first nit was definitely size also, needs to add at least 15 lbs.  But it's a good trade for a LB that can catch!  We need more picks picks picks.  The INT is the most important play in football.

Solid open field tackling, and outstanding all-court skills.

Quote:Add in the fact that he is Chancellor sized, and could become one of the anchors of the defense if he were to work out there.

Not to nitpick, but I'm going to nitpick: Chancellor has nearly 20 pounds on Smith, which is why he's a freak of a safety.

Your point stands, though, and I agree with the premise of your post.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 04:36 PM by Sir_Kegley.)

Quote:Not to nitpick, but I'm going to nitpick: Chancellor has nearly 20 pounds on Smith, which is why he's a freak of a safety.

Your point stands, though, and I agree with the premise of your post.
For sure he has some weight on Smith, he's a fifth round pick and has an uphill battle to make an impact. Chancellor is a one of a kind safety, but Smith has the frame, speed, and ball skills to play that role in a similar defense if he can add some bulk.

I'd be psyched to see him play anywhere on our D, he is a totally different type of LB than what this team has had in the past.

Quote:It honestly wouldn't be that crazy of an idea. I personally think he would excel there. Lesser competition, his speed and cover skills are his strengths, has good ball skills and is a sound tackler in open space. Add in the fact that he is Chancellor sized, and could become one of the anchors of the defense if he were to work out there.

That said, in today's NFL you need speed at LB to win. If he can keep on the weight and play closer to the line of scrimmage I think him and Cyp could dominate behind a good DL.

He seems like he'll be a steal.
They wanted to convert Derrick Brooks the same way. Telvin = Brooks!!!

we should try him at LS.

MIND BLOWN. 
Absolutely zero chance.

He would be able to play Chancellor's same position, which is SS, but we already have Cyprien playing that position and that's where he'll stay. Telvin will be a LB, through and through.

Telvin is sized like Seattle's linebackers. I think he will stay at LB and be Poz's eventual replacement. Until then, he'll get stronger and learn the nfl on the weakside.
No commercial messages in sigs

“I know that he’s quick to the ball and fearless,” Johnson said. “He’s going to come after you. ... If he gets to 230, watch out.”

Storm Johnson talking about Telvin Smith after the rookie minicamps last week.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...z32mAW3bDH

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Watched college tape of dekoda Watson and lets just say that if both him and Smith are starters someone may literally run through a wall.....the juice is strong within these two

MIND BLOWN. 

FS??? 

It would be SS, if anything, and no. 

Quote:They wanted to convert Derrick Brooks the same way. Telvin = Brooks!!!

Geez, that is aiming Hall of Fame play. I like it.

Telvin in the Championship game had problems with Auburn's Offensive line pushing him back because of his size. He does need to gain 15 to 20lbs and keep his speed. If this happens watch out!

Or strong/free safety???

I would say that, due to the in the box nature of the SS in our scheme he could make that transition... but Cyp is a stud and he's there already.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/