Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2014 Jacksonville Jaguars Regular Season Schedule Discussion Thread!***

Looks like I am making another trip down from Saskatchewan for the primetime game!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

5-11 with Henne.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014, 09:21 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The schedule really didn't do anything for me because we're pretty much a 4-5 win team in 2014.  I hate to say this but Sammy this year and Jameis next year (along with the other starters TBD) would be pretty sweet.

That said, I'm honestly looking forward to the scoreboards and just chilling once again this year.  I'll get my blood pumpin in 2015.

Quote:4 out of the first 6 weeks on the road. At least we finally get the colts at home in September.

Another 4 straight weeks without a home game around the bye and London trip.

Meh.

Look at the bright side: the Jags actually played better on the road then they did at home last year. If they can continue that trend who knows what could happen early in the season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:4 out of the first 6 weeks on the road. At least we finally get the colts at home in September.

That totally negates the home field advantage we established over the past few years.  HA !!   just kidding.  As you know, this year is about fun, enjoying the tailgate, and building the future

Unfortunately, I looked at the 1st 2 away games as Week #1 COOL because we get the free direct tv NFL Sunday Ticket and Week #2 COOL because I can stay out of the heat for another week in September.   Once we get competitive, I'll be back to hoping we host northern teams in early September.

Quote:Until the Jags become decent enough that people want to see them play, the networks want to make sure our games are buried...  Once again a late season Thursday game that no one will want to watch..  NFL also made sure it was a Thursday game that was not going to be on CBS...

Unfortunately this is pretty accurate. If the Jags want more primetime games, then they will have to show that they are a primetime worthy team.

It's as simple as that.

Quote:Just imagine if the Jaguars manage to get on a roll and start 2-0. 

I wonder what the odds of this happening would be???

We were much better playing on the road last year,so this schedule sets up nicely for us.

We'll see if Philly's new offense is really that good or if it was just new, something that defensive coordinators weren't able to decode yet.  Would be great if Babin sacked Foles 3 times and we came out on top.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:We'll see if Philly's new offense is really that good or if it was just new, something that defensive coordinators weren't able to decode yet.  Would be great if Babin sacked Foles 3 times and we came out on top.

I really think this team is going to surprise a few people this year. If the defense continues to improve, and we get to a point where the offense is efficient, they're going to be a fun team to watch.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I really think this team is going to surprise a few people this year. If the defense continues to improve, and we get to a point where the offense is efficient, they're going to be a fun team to watch.

No better place to start than vs. the high flying Eagles. 

They lost DeSean, and Foles may have a "sophomore slump" (I know he's not a sophomore but you get my point)..

I really don't see a single team I fear on the schedule.

It's not like we play the Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks, or Patriots..

Looks like only 4 teams made the playoffs last year from our schedule... and none of them made it deep.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Y'all see the sportsnation tweet about us? Now that ticks me off.
They did that to the Raiders too. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I'm not sure what the big deal is,we have the I think 4th easiest schedule in the league. The Colts have the easiest.
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Nick Lolz will get hit. I can promise you that.

The NFL hates Jacksonville and will do anything to get this team relocated to another city. I think the NFL feels that if they screw this city enough they can make us apathetic and in their minds right a wrong by putting a team here in the first place and relocate it in a sexier market. We're one of the most disrespected teams in all of sports and what's the sad besides going to the games we can't do a damn thing about it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'll be at both the away games at Cincinnati and Indianapolis up here in the Midwest!

Wish the primtime game would have been earlier in the year but glad the TNF game is at home!

Quote:The NFL hates Jacksonville and will do anything to get this team relocated to another city. I think the NFL feels that if they screw this city enough they can make us apathetic and in their minds right a wrong by putting a team here in the first place and relocate it in a sexier market. We're one of the most disrespected teams in all of sports and what's the sad besides going to the games we can't do a damn thing about it.

cry me a river

The dolphins, bucs, titans, and texans get more prime time games and respect than this team? Seriously!!!! What makes their more appealing to a national audience than our team because our team was better and drew more people per game than these teams. 

Quote:cry me a river
hey buddy you can stick it where the sun don't shine. 

Quote:The dolphins, bucs, titans, and texans get more prime time games and respect than this team? Seriously!!!! What makes their more appealing to a national audience than our team because our team was better and drew more people per game than these teams. 

Go to sleep, kid