Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars to land someone quickly in FA

Quote:Why wait? This way, we can get all of our whining in now and then whine about other stuff that hasn't happened yet later. See?!?! It's genius.
Yep. Sure is. And they all know way better than the GM who we should target.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yep. Sure is. And they all know way better than the GM who we should target.

Ah, dangit! I misspelled Genyus. Now you're all gonna think I'm stoopid.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Signing a "B" player like Beadles does not mean they are not signing other free agents. Relax and breathe....

Quote:Ah, dangit! I misspelled Genyus. Now you're all gonna think I'm stoopid.
I allready new.

The Jaguars have not even signed this guy yet and TMD, Brklyn and Krayz are all over it.

The more things change...

Quote:I would hope with all this capspace, the most in the league, that we finally do something that improves this team.  There are a TON of quality players out there.  Every year this team talks a whole lot about improvement and plans and blablabla…

Prove it… we are not down for another 6 year plan. 

Welcome back! Long time no hear

Quote:I would hope with all this capspace, the most in the league, that we finally do something that improves this team.  There are a TON of quality players out there.  Every year this team talks a whole lot about improvement and plans and blablabla…

Prove it… we are not down for another 6 year plan. 
What are you talking about? Caldwell has said since he got here he is going to build this team through the draft...

smh...this forum never ceases to surprise me.

Better stop bad mouthing Beadles. Beadles is known for searching for fools talking trash about him. He mad Richie Incognito cry.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 01:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Who said it would be a fantastic signing? A good one? Yes, he is a decent player that will fill a big need. Caldwell has said many times that he was going to target "B" level free agents, which is what Beadles is. I'm shocked that people are up in arms that we aren't going after all the "big name" guys as if that was ever part of Dave's plan. Pay attention, people...

I don't mind targeting "B" level free agents when they are actually paid like that. Beadles will be overpaid because of the "appearance" of decent play due to playing with Manning at QB. He won't be nearly as good on most other teams. 

As said, gimme a OG that played well despite playing behind a bad QB. Thats the smarter move. 

Quote:What the heck is a Beadles?

I think its NFL speak for "average OG but will be paid like good one because of Peyton"

Quote:Are they going to sign someone before the free agency madness begins? Now that would be pretty impressive.

Tampa already did that

Quote: 

Tampa already did that

No

;

;

Quote:The Jaguars have not even signed this guy yet and TMD, Brklyn and Krayz are all over it.

The more things change...
You're right, some things never change... I not once even mentioned Beadles name... in fact I wouldnt be upset if we signed him.

I made a statement, that is all.

Good to see after months of not posting, some people are still the same around here.

Quote:What are you talking about? Caldwell has said since he got here he is going to build this team through the draft...

smh...this forum never ceases to surprise me.
And gene said the same thing.  I dont care what a GM or coach says, I care about results.  I just want to see some, I am not doubting or saying Caldwell has done this or that or anything.  I am simply making a statement of what I personally want to see.  Results

Beadles would be a great pickup IMO.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Welcome back! Long time no hear
Thanks... hopefully this season will bring more to talk about than last... and I can post a bit more often

Quote:And gene said the same thing.  I dont care what a GM or coach says, I care about results.  I just want to see some, I am not doubting or saying Caldwell has done this or that or anything.  I am simply making a statement of what I personally want to see.  Results

Well, those results won't be available until September. What are you going to do until then?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Well, those results won't be available until September. What are you going to do until then?
Well. Not really. They need to play some games first.

Quote:did I complain? I was stating my feelings going into FA, that I hope we use the leagues biggest available cap space towards improving.

Yes, you did so indirectly.

Quote:And gene said the same thing.  I dont care what a GM or coach says, I care about results.  I just want to see some, I am not doubting or saying Caldwell has done this or that or anything.  I am simply making a statement of what I personally want to see.  Results
Yes, but you just said since we have cap space that means we should go spend essentially. That is not the smart route to go at all. Yes, we have to go and sign a few guys, we have no interior OL, our pass rush is lacking, etc. That doesn't mean we should go into FA and offer up stupid contracts to everyone just because we can. That is not what good organizations do. Give me Zane Beadles, Red Bryant, maybe a Walter Thurmond and/or O'Brien Schofield, that's a solid free agency. Build through the draft. You shouldn't be building you're team through FA. You get guys on reasonable deals that can help you and hopefully be long term fits, as well as find guys that fit their scheme and can be very successful (ala Sen'Derick Marks). I would be very happy with Alex Mack, or Alterraun Verner, etc...but that is not the way any team should go unless you think he fits the scheme great and the money is worth it at the stage we are in.

All this "Oh Beadles is so average, typical Jaguars" is just laughable (not pointing this at you, more so TMD). The guy has been a solid NFL player, and fits the scheme. It's laughable that an average player pickup in FA is such a bad thing. You're not going to just have studs at every spot in the NFL.

Quote:Yes, you did so indirectly.

I didn't see him complain. 

I did though.. Big Grin

Quote:I didn't see him complain.

I did though.. Big Grin

Then you don't know Krazy very well.

Yes, wear it with a badge of honor.