Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne Signs Two Year Deal

Quote:The derpsquad is back to let us know what a good backup Henne is.

Good is an adjective I couldn't use in good faith to describe any aspect of Henne relating to football.
Ok genius please do tell me what backup QB we should go out and sign in place of Henne had we cut him? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:

smh......meet the new GM, same as the old GM....

Quote:

How so?

Not shiny enough

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:How so?

bad moves. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4QizLry0TA[/youtube]

"A lion never roars after the kill."

Quote:smh......meet the new GM, same as the old GM....

Quote:just a little? Me a ton....

I disagree. FA Shaun Hill would have been better. Aaron Murray would have been better. 

This move probably nixes the Jags selecting 2 QB in this draft too,  because they won't keep 3 QB on the roster, and Aaron Murray or someone like that wouldn't be a good practice squad candidate, since he'll be scooped up quickly if placed there. 

Meet the new dog, same as the old dog.

Don't you ever get tired of this same old tired song and dance?

Quote:The derpsquad is back to let us know what a good backup Henne is.

Good is an adjective I couldn't use in good faith to describe any aspect of Henne relating to football.

this ^^^

Quote:bad moves.

Elaborate.

Quote:Ok genius please do tell me what backup QB we should go out and sign in place of Henne had we cut him? 

You are engaging with a guy who spent month propping up Gabbert last year. He may actually just be a Gabber relative.

Quote:Elaborate.

Do you honestly want him too.

I'll save you the time and just say these are not the types of moves that Bill Belichick or Chip Kelly would make.

He's going to say it eventually.

Quote:just a little? Me a ton....

I disagree. FA Shaun Hill would have been better. Aaron Murray would have been better. 

This move probably nixes the Jags selecting 2 QB in this draft too,  because they won't keep 3 QB on the roster, and Aaron Murray or someone like that wouldn't be a good practice squad candidate, since he'll be scooped up quickly if placed there. 
Not really

With a 90 man roster you can look at lots of stuff.

If they see "the man" Henne and "little man" who is to say they don't jettison gabbert,stanzi et all

Headslap

Quote:Ok genius please do tell me what backup QB we should go out and sign in place of Henne had we cut him? 

Shaun Hill immediately comes to mind, as a FA if they wanted a veteran...

Saying things like this is what earns you the reputation you have on this board.  It undermines all of the legitimate insight that you have.  

Comparing Dave Caldwell to Gene Smith is completely ridiculous at this point.  Signing Chad Henne to an incentivized deal is absolutely not comparable to the four years of bad drafting, bad signing, and bad talent evaluating.

What did you want Dave to do?  Make a trade for Ryan Mallett?  That's not going to happen, because the Jaguars would easily get cheated out of that deal.  

Henne is a cheap option as a backup, or a bridge to whomever will start eventually.  Any upgrades out there aren't worth the price of admission.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Shaun Hill immediately comes to mind, as a FA if they wanted a veteran...

Championship

Quote:Not really

With a 90 man roster you can look at lots of stuff.

If they see "the man" Henne and "little man" who is to say they don't jettison gabbert,stanzi et all

Headslap

the roster is going to be 90 in season? 

Quote:You are engaging with a guy who spent month propping up Gabbert last year. He may actually just be a Gabber relative.
I'm aware, he was arguing with me mostly. He's just mad that he was proven wrong, Gabbert wasn't and isn't better than Henne. 

Quote:Saying things like this is what earns you the reputation you have on this board.  It undermines all of the legitimate insight that you have.  

Comparing Dave Caldwell to Gene Smith is completely ridiculous at this point.  Signing Chad Henne to an incentivized deal is absolutely not comparable to the four years of bad drafting, bad signing, and bad talent evaluating.

What did you want Dave to do?  Make a trade for Ryan Mallett?  That's not going to happen, because the Jaguars would easily get cheated out of that deal.  

Henne is a cheap option as a backup, or a bridge to whomever will start eventually.  Any upgrades out there aren't worth the price of admission.

Henne not only is terrible but represents the losing culture this team is trying to move away from. 

Quote:Good move.

Great move I think.. Back up position is secured now.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Shaun Hill immediately comes to mind, as a FA if they wanted a veteran...

Shaun Hill lol
Shock the world

Quote:the roster is going to be 90 in season? 
really dude

...and there it is, folks.

It's official.

LOL

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."