Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talks Could Start Soon Between Jags, Henne

Quote: 

The notion we are screwed without Henne coming back doesn't resonate with me.  

I've never seen anyone say that, anywhere, ever.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Looking at the past, No QB has been completely ruined just because he started too soon. They were ruined because of their own shortcomings that they couldn't fix.

Put the rookie in, coach. He'll either get better or he wont. Holding a clipboard may skip the rough grind at the start but he'll still end up the same.

Quote:This.

Playing football doesn't ruin young QBs, being a bad QB ruins young QBs.
I agree.  If he doesn't have pocket presence already, he's not going to find it on a clipboard.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 09:59 PM by Kotite.)

NYC  - maybe that was a stretch, but there are plenty of people who argue they saw improvement from Henne and I don't see it.  I think the team around him got better. After being putrid for 8 weeks straight.

Dakota - Despite my feelings on Henne, I am EXTREMELY optimistic about where this team is headed and what the PTB are doing.  But when you talk about letting the process take its course, I don't feel it applies here.  This isn't a process.  This is a decision.  To re-sign him or not to re-sign him.  As a fan, I have zero influence on that decision.  As a fan (who has long suffered - as we all have), I have the right to have an opinion on whether or not bringing a guy back is a good decision.  Just like I groaned when Guy Whimper was re-signed.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote: 

Dakota - Despite my feelings on Henne, I am EXTREMELY optimistic about where this team is headed and what the PTB are doing.  But when you talk about letting the process take its course, I don't feel it applies here.  This isn't a process.  This is a decision.  To re-sign him or not to re-sign him.  As a fan, I have zero influence on that decision.  As a fan (who has long suffered - as we all have), I have the right to have an opinion on whether or not bringing a guy back is a good decision.  Just like I groaned when Guy Whimper was re-signed.
I agree 100%, and if I infringed on that, my apologies. You always bring a reasonable position, and as such is one I shouldn't be knocking too much. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

There are no guarantees in the draft.  Henne is a top priority.  We need a Qb who knows this system.  I would be really surprised if Gabbert is on the 53 man roster next season.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:It took Gabbert three starts to get it past the 50 yrd line.

Mannnn . . . . . that's a bleak statistic.

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

Quote:There are no guarantees in the draft.  Henne is a top priority.  We need a Qb who knows this system.  I would be really surprised if Gabbert is on the 53 man roster next season.

I agree. He knows the system. We need him. He can help tutor the new QB. In the meantime, we need some weapons and beef up the protection some. Let's get us a WR who can take the top off the defense.. A good RB. A center and guard. This draft we need to concentrate on the offense. Too many 3 and outs will kill a defense after a while.

Henne isn't going to break the bank. They should at least keep him around as a camp arm at worst.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/youtube]

"A lion never roars after the kill."

I'm fine with keeping Henne as the back up.  I'd like to see the Jags trade Gabbert[ they can at least get a 5th to 7th pick for him],  bring in an aging vet just for the experiance, and draft a QB.  Unless Clowney drops to the 3rd pick I'll be shocked if a QB's name isn't called.  Carr and Boyd are a couple names that may be seen in JAX.

As much as I want Bridgewater or Manziel, if Dave doesn't see value at that position, he would go non-QB or trade back. I have the feeling that they may really like one of the Senior Bowl QBs. If they do, and they pick one of them, then they'll need Henne. I think I'd rather have Henne tutor instead of Gabbert.

Quote:As much as I want Bridgewater or Manziel, if Dave doesn't see value at that position, he would go non-QB or trade back. I have the feeling that they may really like one of the Senior Bowl QBs. If they do, and they pick one of them, then they'll need Henne. I think I'd rather have Henne tutor instead of Gabbert.

Henne: "And this, is how you throw a game killing interception in the fourth quarter. Also don't forget to hold on to the ball as long as it takes for the other guys to sack you."

Rookie: "You're such a great guy, Chad. Who would I get coached to play QB from if you weren't here sucking up a roster spot?"

Quote:Henne: "And this, is how you throw a game killing interception in the fourth quarter. Also don't forget to hold on to the ball as long as it takes for the other guys to sack you."

Rookie: "You're such a great guy, Chad. Who would I get coached to play QB from if you weren't here sucking up a roster spot?"

lol....nice.....are you a playwright? Ward....I Think you're being a little rough on the Beaver. There's a lot that a new QB could learn from Chad. Don't quit your day job. (-:

Quote:lol....nice.....are you a playwright? Ward....I Think you're being a little rough on the Beaver. There's a lot that a new QB could learn from Chad. Don't quit your day job. (-:

Like what? Where the cafeteria line starts?

Who did Russell Wilson learn from?

Quote:Like what? Where the cafeteria line starts?

Matt Flynn

Quote:Like what? Where the cafeteria line starts?

The pro game is so different than college. It's good to be able to tap someone's experience......and if that player knows the current system......all the better. Can't answer the Wilson question.....I wasn't in the locker room.

Quote:Matt Flynn

Exactly. A guy who has never been a starter and was a free agent signing that same offseason. In other words mentoring is a myth.

Guys get their coaching from the coaching staff.

Quote:There's a lot that a new QB could learn from Chad.
Yeah, like how to squeeze a doody out of that extra anus on his chin. Buhwaaa.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Yeah, like how to squeeze a doody out of that extra anus on his chin. Buhwaaa.

This is the first post I audibly laughed to in over a year.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Yeah, like how to squeeze a doody out of that extra anus on his chin. Buhwaaa.
Hey, show some respect to the Chen! He means a lot to this team and the people of Jax