Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Happened To The Mad Dog? Banned Again?

Quote:You know I'll bet TMD gets orgasmic every time he sees someone make one of these threads. Not that he wouldn't deserve to, I mean; I know I was quite disappointed when I never got mine. You bunch of bastards.

If you ever get banned, I promise to be the first one to start you your very own thread!! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Reading that list, it's hard to see what the mods did that were against the rules...but there's nothing on there that really fits what TMD might have done to get banned for either.

Just listing "spamming" is kind of subjective.

I think that list of rules needs some tweaking... :yes:

You'd think that after about 7 warnings for the same offense, it would have been pretty clear to him.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You'd think that after about 7 warnings for the same offense, it would have been pretty clear to him.

I don't mean for just him....
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I know, but it's very hard to be specific when describing what is meant by spamming and trolling. That's one reason a first warning carries no penalty, and it takes five to get banned.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You know I'll bet TMD gets orgasmic every time he sees someone make one of these threads. Not that he wouldn't deserve to, I mean; I know I was quite disappointed when I never got mine. You bunch of bastards.
We did a banana phone picket line outside ever bank but it went largely misunderstood.  :turned:

Banning TMD probably cuts the number of posts by 50%.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I lol'd when I realized 6 months means he misses the draft. I honestly feel like TMD would rather post here during the off-season than the regular season, because there is infinite amount of angles to use. "Should've drafted _______, Should've passed on _______, Should have signed ________, Should have cut _______, Should have fired ________, should have hired _________."

Being banned during the draft is going to eat that poor guy from the inside out.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 03:32 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Last year he went nuts over the Ace Sanders selection.

...To be fair, I almost did over the Joeckel selection.  TMD seems like the type that has to post his thoughts, rather than keep them to himself.  If i did that, I'd probably be banned too.  I know I overreact to things all the time.  If my internet had not been down the day Alualu was selected, i'd have probably not held it in.  (If we select a tackle at 3... it might happen this year)

I like TMD.  He holds his opinion in a bit too high of regard, but aside from that he's a nice guy.  I've argued with him, and I've agreed with him. I don't think he bashes the Jags so much as he thinks they've made the wrong decisions for the wrong reasons.  (Thinking the Jags will continue to fail because they did it before).  He doesn't like to give a benefit of the doubt, and wants instant results.  A lot of NFL fans are like that.

Hopefully he'll be allowed back (especially if Bill O'Brien fails.).

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I'm like a lot of you, I felt bad for him even though he brought it all on himself. He received so much hatred at times. Mods were pretty quick to get their shots in at him. I guess every one has their breaking point. The mods have been here way longer than I have reading his posts. I was still in the skipping any of his posts/skipping replies to most of his posts.

I've resisted posting in this thread but will do so once. TMD seems like a relatively intelligent guy. I have had PM conversations with him, so what I say to him on the board isn't the only thing that goes on. That said, he goes out of his way to be obnoxious, irritating, superior and just ridiculous at times. There are plenty of posters that I disagree with, but none get under my skin the way that he does. And that's exactly what he's going for. And I will guarantee you that I'm not the only one that feels this way. And even if he attempts to 'tone it down' at this point, he's already created his persona so it will be difficult to shake. I absolutely do not feel sorry for him. I do not feel that the ban is harsh. He deserves anything he gets because I'm sure he gets plenty of leeway and warnings.

Will I miss his posts? How can you not? I may even miss some of the subject matter. But I really get sick of the way he presents his views, especially when he talks down to people.

That's my view and only time I'll speak on this.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Meh. So long guy. I guess now you won't have to worry about FBT calling you names like Barstool Diva, The Glittery One, or how you're a fry cook.

On the other hand, I don't have to sift through your incessant nicknaming of players such as Blame Garbage, David Carr-bage, and all of the others where you refer to people as being essentially refuse.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I quite like arguing with him when he raises a point. Lets face it its pretty easy and I enjoy a good argument.

However he only has about 3 ideas in his head at one time and rather than just keep those ideas to 3 threads he starts, he hijacks everything else. Its a shame, but same as it ever was or ever will be.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:That said, he goes out of his way to be obnoxious, irritating, superior and just ridiculous at times. There are plenty of posters that I disagree with, but none get under my skin the way that he does.
Looks like I have a void to fill. I will do my best... :woot:

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I know, but it's very hard to be specific when describing what is meant by spamming and trolling. That's one reason a first warning carries no penalty, and it takes five to get banned.

I think a daily posting limit would solve a lot of problems.  Set a daily limit of, say, 10 or 15 posts, and it would be pretty hard to hijack threads. 

Quote:I think a daily posting limit would solve a lot of problems.  Set a daily limit of, say, 10 or 15 posts, and it would be pretty hard to hijack threads. 
That would crush the Gameday threads, and all the threads during college games, and pro games on the weekends. Many threads where "live" posting goes on during games would suffer, and not just football games

;

Quote:That would crush the Gameday threads, and all the threads during college games, and pro games on the weekends. Many threads where "live" posting goes on during games would suffer, and not just football games

I think "live" conversations should take place in a chat room, and not on a message board like this.   Does anyone actually go back and re-read all 31 pages of a gameday thread?  

Maybe the powers that be could set separate posting limits in different areas of this message board.  

Quote:I think "live" conversations should take place in a chat room.   Does anyone actually go back and re-read all 31 pages of a gameday thread?  

Maybe the powers that be could set separate posting limits in different areas of this message board.  
So for posters who can't follow rules that are already set and on the website, new rules should be made?

That makes sense. Let the vast minority adjust what is working perfectly fine for the vast majority.

;

Quote:So for posters who can't follow rules that are already set and on the website, new rules should be made?

That makes sense. Let the vast minority adjust what is working perfectly fine for the vast majority.

Most people are not criminals, but we still have laws that govern society. 

I'm saying that if you set a post count, an automatic post count, where the system will cut you off automatically when you've met your daily maximum number of posts, then the mods don't need to hassle with people who hijack threads.   They get cut off automatically.   They have to wait until the next day to post more.   Make it automatic, no human intervention or judgment required.  

Set the maximum daily post count at, say, 20 or 25.   When someone like TMD posts his 25th post of the day, the system automatically cuts him off.   The next day, the system resets his post count back to one, and he can post again. 

Quote:I think a daily posting limit would solve a lot of problems.  Set a daily limit of, say, 10 or 15 posts, and it would be pretty hard to hijack threads. 

what no way! plenty of us have multiple conversations that exceed that.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

So we should reconfigure the way the board operates because 1 poster can't contain himself?  Because that's really what it comes down to here.  There are plenty here who have been known to hijack a thread, and most of the time it's unintentional.  We as mods recognize this.  But, for TMD, it's an obsessive compulsive issue for him where he does it repeatedly.  If we tallied up all of his warnings, he's probably been dinged a dozen times, and most of those warnings were the result of his hijacks.

The vast majority of those who wind up receiving warnings tend to learn from their mistakes and we never have issues with them again.  That's not the case with this one poster, and as a result, he's been banned multiple times.  If we adhered to the old rules of the board where you received 5 warnings to get permanently banned, he would have been gone long ago.  He gets second and third and fourth chances to come back, and he'll modify his behavior for a bit, but eventually he falls back into old habits. 

As mods, we don't relish the opportunity to put anyone in the box for 6 months.  A lot of discussion goes into these decisions to make sure the majority support the move, particularly when it's someone like TMD. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]